3rdround pick em results

nolebull813

3 minutes ago, KeemD321 said:

Right.  There so many great games this round and a couple major upsets

By the third round, most of the pretenders have already been eliminated. So, you get very good games unless one team is just head and shoulders better than all the rest, which, unfortunately, has been the case too many times in the recent past. 

Whew, it was fun while it lasted. Now I can just enjoy the games with no pressure :blink:. Congratulations to those of you that advanced to the next round. Good luck to all.  

P.S. If you need some help with this weeks picks, I can do a list and you can just pick the opposites. :lol:

1 hour ago, imjustafan2 said:

Whew, it was fun while it lasted. Now I can just enjoy the games with no pressure :blink:. Congratulations to those of you that advanced to the next round. Good luck to all.  

P.S. If you need some help with this weeks picks, I can do a list and you can just pick the opposites. :lol:

You consistently underrate your handicapping ability. FWIW, I would follow your picks at the racetrack. 

On 11/25/2023 at 8:50 AM, nolebull813 said:

Yeah half the semi final rounds are good, and the other half are duds!

Gaither vs STA???? That’s a mockery of the sport!

I have faith that Gaither can pull the biggest upset in school history against this season's less than storied Aquinas team.

bradshaw.gif

57 minutes ago, Nulli Secundus said:

I have faith that Gaither can pull the biggest upset in school history against this season's less than storied Aquinas team.

bradshaw.gif

I busted out laughing after the word “Gaither”

What part did you get to when you couldn’t hold it in anymore? 

13 minutes ago, nolebull813 said:

I busted out laughing after the word “Gaither”

What part did you get to when you couldn’t hold it in anymore? 

The graphics at the bottom of his post. When I saw that, it confirmed he was just being sarcastic. 

With that said, a much worse Cooper City team, several years ago, pulled off a shocking win over STA. But I believe that was a regular season game and not the playoffs, so there's that. 

1 hour ago, DarterBlue2 said:

The graphics at the bottom of his post. When I saw that, it confirmed he was just being sarcastic. 

With that said, a much worse Cooper City team, several years ago, pulled off a shocking win over STA. But I believe that was a regular season game and not the playoffs, so there's that. 

Yeah STA killed them in the playoffs. Upsets do happen but they are so rare it’s not logical to just randomly predict it because you will keep being wrong over and over until the one time you are right. Kinda like those people who film themselves making impossible basketball shots. They probably took 200 shots before one went in. Lol. 

Last year Bosco from New Jersey beat their arch rival Bergen Catholic 31-7 in the regular season, and in the state championship game for all the marbles Bergen Catholic destroyed them 45-0. 

Point is things can unravel and everything go wrong in one game and it not be indicative of how good each team is down the road 

4 hours ago, nolebull813 said:

I wonder if you busted out laughing faster than I did after reading that :lol:

I laughed through the entirety of the composition of my post. Then I laughed some more as I was looking for the appropriate graphic to attach to the post, lol. 

9 minutes ago, Nulli Secundus said:

I laughed through the entirety of the composition of my post. Then I laughed some more as I was looking for the appropriate graphic to attach to the post, lol. 

What if your post comes true? Do we anoint @Nulli Secundus as the winner of the competition this year for making the most daring prediction imaginable? 

5 hours ago, DarterBlue2 said:

What if your post comes true? Do we anoint @Nulli Secundus as the winner of the competition this year for making the most daring prediction imaginable? 

No.  I lost fare and square.  It would be a sight to behold if the Cowboys can pull off the upset.  However, I'll believe it when I see it AND I'm not holding breath.

10 hours ago, DarterBlue2 said:

Cooper City did have one advantage against STA that Gaither will not have:  opponent familiarity.

3 hours ago, Nulli Secundus said:

Cooper City did have one advantage against STA that Gaither will not have:  opponent familiarity.

Yes, but that can work both ways, though. Now if Gaither had some secret schemes that worked to perfection that they had only practiced day after day during their workouts, and they unleased them against STA for the very first time and they worked so well they took an early three score lead, perhaps, just maybe, we could be on upset alert at the half. 

Yeah, I admit, I was smoking a blunt when I typed this.