(1) Madison vs (2) Pahokee

1kKB_

You said the same thing about Newberry and Trenton, Both moved the ball very well, Trenton just could not stop Pahokee and there passing game. Pahokee may very well win the Championship because they have a very talented group of receivers and real solid QB. But Madison is a Quality team as well.  

You are right Tigerfan1 I said it. And Newberry and Trenton both moved the ball in the first half. And you were both shut down in the second half. Trenton actually had the atheletes to beat Pahokee, they just didn't have the playbook to go along with it... About Madison, I'm well aware that they are a quality team! I just thought they ran a spread offense. It's gonna be a long night if they come down to the "muck" running that Wing T again. Pahokee has seen that two weeks in a row.

"Trenton (9-2), the state Class 1A champion in 2013 and 2015, used a powerful running game to build a 21-6 lead midway through the second quarter. Pahokee cut it to 21-13 with 1:27 left in the half when Smith tossed a 3-yard touchdown pass to Zatavian Morgan on fourth down.

“We’ve been a strong second-half team all year,†Walkes said. “Our offense kept putting the defense in a hole in the first half. We cleaned it up in the second half.â€

The Blue Devils, aided by four fumble recoveries, outscored the Tigers 34-7 in the second half. Smith completed 16-of-25 passes for 276 yards and four touchdowns — two to Tyler Gilbert and one each to Dent and Arnett."    

.....Courtesy of the Palm Beach Post.

The only way Pahokee stopped Trenton running game was our fumbles Forced or not, I was there and saw it first hand Trenton O line was whipping Pahokee D Line all night, I will admit that Pahokee was the better team that night but to say Trenton running game was shut down by the Pahokee D is just a false statement. 

The only way Pahokee stopped Trenton running game was our fumbles Forced or not, I was there and saw it first hand Trenton O line was whipping Pahokee D Line all night, I will admit that Pahokee was the better team that night but to say Trenton running game was shut down by the Pahokee D is just a false statement. 

Would love to see a box score...Any box score available for this game?

Pahokee was the better team and won the game, but Trenton had just shy of 400 total yards with over 300 rushing. Without 5 turnovers it may very well be Trenton hosting Madison this week. Pahokee will be hard to stop on offense but their defense is nothing special at all.

Come on man, I was at that game. Trenton could barely get a first down in the second half. And that's when they didn't turn the ball over. Turnovers are a part of the game. Give Pahokee's D some credit. I'm not taking anything away from Trenton. Trenton played like they were the Champs. They were a great football team. 

Anyways, this Madison County / Pahokee matchup is gonna be epic. I can't wait.

Come on man, I was at that game. Trenton could barely get a first down in the second half. And that's when they didn't turn the ball over. Turnovers are a part of the game. Give Pahokee's D some credit. I'm not taking anything away from Trenton. Trenton played like they were the Champs. They were a great football team. 

Anyways, this Madison County / Pahokee matchup is gonna be epic. I can't wait.

So basically Trenton had close to (or over) 300 yards rushing in the 1st half? 

Ain't no sour grapes here. Trenton couldn't stop Pahokee but I believe Trenton only punted 2 times all game long. Those stats are straight off the stat sheet from the game. Trenton fumbled inside the Pahokee 20 twice after driving the field. Bottom line is Pahokee is not a physical football team. With that being said they compromise by being athletic enough to overcome that, which is a mark of a good team. Mask your flaws as best you can. Should be a great match up between two good football teams I just wish it were close enough to go see. Good luck to both teams.

Sounds like Trenton had their chances.  Nearly 400 yards of offense aint what I call being shut down.  Turnovers are the great equalizers.  Seen plenty games at all levels get completely changed from turnovers.  The stat sheet doesn't tell all but it gives you an idea of the flow of the game.  It sounds like Pahokee will be tough to stop offensively though.

Trenton, like Newberry, moved the ball on the ground. Especially in the first half. Pahokee forced those 5 fumbles, they weren't any botched exchanges or bad snaps. Pahokee takes a bend, but don't break approach to the wing-t offense. They give up something, to contain something. If you try to stop every facet of that offense, you will get gashed all night long...Personally, I would like to see something other than option football, but it is what it is. I see that Madison's QB has some decent passing yards, and their offense looks diverse, so I may get to see something a little different.

Trenton, like Newberry, moved the ball on the ground. Especially in the first half. Pahokee forced those 5 fumbles, they weren't any botched exchanges or bad snaps. Pahokee takes a bend, but don't break approach to the wing-t offense. They give up something, to contain something. If you try to stop every facet of that offense, you will get gashed all night long...Personally, I would like to see something other than option football, but it is what it is. I see that Madison's QB has some decent passing yards, and their offense looks diverse, so I may get to see something a little different.

I agree 561. It's kinda hard to stop the option every play, especially when you have the athletes that Trenton and Newberry had. Trenton ran that offense with precision! A good running back is gonna get his yards. But a "bend but don't break" philosophy is good.

Last year for example, Ft. Meade's running back "Tyler King" gashed Pahokee for 200 yds rushing... And Ft. Meade lost that game 28-0.