FHSAA sets points system in stone

Joshua Wilson

I love how people justify their recruits err transfers by saying others do it more. Cocoa got tired of getting their ass beat by BTW and went out and tried to stack the deck in their favor. We will see if it pays off on Friday.

If you lost to the same team ever year wouldn't you do whatever it takes to try and get one over the other team lol

Ik that but even with those stacked rosters STA would blow them out of the building

That shows just how much stronger talent is in south Florida and why they keep getting state titles in the south

But I am not talking about "who is better than who".  How can I explain this to you....Picture 2 cookie jars filled with the same kind of cookies.  1 has 80 cookies in it (Broward Cookie Jar)  and the other has 40 cookies in it (Jacksonville Cookie Jar). STA, AHP, TCA and Bolles all take 10 cookies out each.  What cookie jar has the fewer cookies left?

But I am not talking about "who is better than who". How can I explain this to you....Picture 2 cookie jars filled with the same kind of cookies. 1 has 80 cookies in it (Broward Cookie Jar) and the other has 40 cookies in it (Jacksonville Cookie Jar). STA, AHP, TCA and Bolles all take 10 cookies out each. What cookie jar has the fewer cookies left?

So essentially you saying broward county has more talent to go around to let several teams be competitive while Jax has majority of talent at 2 programs

Who is "you"? When was the last time that Columbia ever lost to STA, BTW or AHP?

I know you don't rep Cocoa.

I was saying in general that if you lost to a team year after year wouldn't you try to do something to change your fortunes by figuring out how to level the field on your rival

I'll give you a example

94' the 49ers lost back to back championship games to the cowboys so they went out and got Deion Sanders and Ken Norton to try and shift the balance of power in the nfc

Next year cowboys do the same by going and getting deion Sanders to try and take control back from the 49ers

Does that make sense?

I was saying in general that if you lost to a team year after year wouldn't you try to do something to change your fortunes by figuring out how to level the field on your rival

I'll give you a example

94' the 49ers lost back to back championship games to the cowboys so they went out and got Deion Sanders and Ken Norton to try and shift the balance of power in the nfc

Next year cowboys do the same by going and getting deion Sanders to try and take control back from the 49ers

Does that make sense?

Sure.  They were free agents, right?

There is currently no prove they broke any rules so unless I shown otherwise I will say those transfers were legal transfers so yes absolutely within the rules

If you got to cheat to beat a team you deserve it to begin with

I'm not accusing any team of breaking any rules, but there sure is some funny stuff I've seen happen over the years.  

Joshua,

If a school made the playoffs in 2017 would this affect the bonus points for 2018 or do only the 2015 & 2016 playoffs count?

Thanks in Advance,

Bonus points will be the same for 2017 and 2018 based upon 2015 & 2016 playoffs. So then when it is time to reschedule again as part of the two-year cycle in 2019 & 2020, they will look at 2017 & 2018 teams that made the playoffs.

I wonder how many teams will try to abuse these new rules

Brings to mind a conversation I had with a now retired coach.  Since I don't have his permission, I won't use his name.   We talked about how some great coaches who have won year after year with their respective programs but never seem to when the big one, while a few seem to win championships time and time again.  He told me he knew most every coach in this state and basically said the really great ones fall in to two groups - those who win because of hard work, discipline and developing players, and those who win at all costs.  

I'm not accusing any team of breaking any rules, but there sure is some funny stuff I've seen happen over the years.  

I hear you just don't forget these factors before it gets under the skin.  Before you saw all of this funny stuff wasn't SFL still producing strong teams (60s, 70s, 80s, 90s, 2000 -2010?  

Anything relative to private schools involving "transfers" is a moot point regarding rules.

Just remember also that school zones are set up differently in heavily populated areas.  It is not uncommon for a student in the Broward South end and Dade North end to be zoned for 2-4 different schools. I guess they are trying to prevent overcrowding in the public schools or something.  Do you honestly believe this started happening to create better HS football teams?

There are also specialty/magnet schools and last but not least a lot and I hate to word it like this,  but a lot of people in Broward and Dade don't "own" homes.  We rent apartments with 7 month to 1 year leases.  Point being is it is not uncommon for us to move around.  Broken families is another aspect....

Do you expect a lot to change since the rules are applied universally now?  Will SFL struggle to be as dominant now?  Will Cocoa and Mainland fall back? 

Brings to mind a conversation I had with a now retired coach.  Since I don't have his permission, I won't use his name.   We talked about how some great coaches who have won year after year with their respective programs but never seem to when the big one, while a few seem to win championships time and time again.  He told me he knew most every coach in this state and basically said the really great ones fall in to two groups - those who win because of hard work, discipline and developing players, and those who win at all costs.  

And this same philosophy can be applied at most and  higher levels as well.

Alabama - Nick Saban NCAA

NE Patriots - Bill Belichik

Rick Pitino NCAA B - Do you want more?

I hear you just don't forget these factors before it gets under the skin.  Before you saw all of this funny stuff wasn't SFL still producing strong teams (60s, 70s, 80s, 90s, 2000 -2010?  

Anything relative to private schools involving "transfers" is a moot point regarding rules.

Just remember also that school zones are set up differently in heavily populated areas.  It is not uncommon for a student in the Broward South end and Dade North end to be zoned for 2-4 different schools. I guess they are trying to prevent overcrowding in the public schools or something. 

There are also specialty/magnet schools and last but not least a lot and I hate to word it like this,  but a lot of people in Broward and Dade don't "own" homes.  We rent apartments with 7 month to 1 year leases.  Point being is it is not uncommon for us to move around.  Broken families is another aspect....

Do you expect a lot to change since the rules are applied universally now?  Will SFL struggle to be as dominant now?  Will Cocoa and Mainland fall back? 

Since you ask - I remember when small towns like Avon Park, Frostproof, Live Oak, and Bartow use to dominate.  Although some of that "funny stuff" I was talking about use to be associated with the later two.  In this day and age, these kind of programs are basically lucky to win a district title and out in the early rounds.

Since you ask - I remember when small towns like Avon Park, Frostproof, Live Oak, and Bartow use to dominate. Although some of that "funny stuff" I was talking about use to be associated with the later two. In this day and age, these kind of programs are basically lucky to win a district title and out in the early rounds.

Suwannee used to be in 3a so they had more talent then teams they played at the time so they won

Now they in 5A and have about same talent and probley less then that time so they don't go far

5a is basically the old 3a.

After winning 4 straight state titles in the 1980's, Live Oak Suwannee was slapped with probation by the FHSAA and had to forfeit some of their games from 1990 season. Funny stuff going on.

They have never gotten the talent that they had from back then and therefore have not come close to starting another run