Lake Gibson and Plant.

954gator

The question for me is between Dwyer/Plant.

I think Dwyer probably had a better Defense and Plant the better Offense....

STA put up nearly double total yardage on Plant versus Dwyer, yet Dwyer only mustered a pathetic5 first downs and  67 total yards of offense versus STA. Overall athleticism and physicality was probably close.

Agree.  Quality performance and I think AHP underestimated the Sharks....If Ponte Vedra had a little more Defense they would be scary good...  5A has had great parity of late. 5A top five could all play with one another pretty tight this year and last....  I know all of the National and maybe some FL HS Football followers make claim of AHP being a nationally elite team but down here in SFL we know they are not on the same level of an STA. When I see people ranking AHP ahead of STA on the national board it is just nonsense....  AHP is much closer to many of the top SFL Publics than STA generally speaking.

Pretty confident this is my top 5 5A teams:

AHP

Ponte Verda

Cardinal Gibbons

Tampa Jesuit

Bishop Moore

I think we can all agree that Plant vs. Dwyer/Mater/Venice would have bee a great, entertaining public school final. But all got clocked by the only private in the class.

Only one private school in 7a and they win the class every year.  4 of the top 5 in 5a are private schools.  Interesting to say the least.  

Only one private school in 7a and they win the class every year.  4 of the top 5 in 5a are private schools.  Interesting to say the least.  

That is just my opinion of the top 5...but point taken.

No one complained about Cardinal Gibbons when they were average in recent years and/or  lost 6 FBS players this summer to public schools though...  ;)

That is just my opinion of the top 5...but point taken.

No one complained about Cardinal Gibbons when they were average in recent years and/or  lost 6 FBS players this summer to public schools though...  ;)

They get over shadowed by AHP but those of us in 5a take notice.  

They get over shadowed by AHP but those of us in 5a take notice.  

Well, last year AHP was probably better than this year and Hallandale (a public ) beat them....

If we were to eliminate private from 5A this year we may have ended up with a Immokalee versus Ponte Vedra final. :rolleyes:  I can assure that would have likely been an abusive disaster - not close to the great 5A state championships the last 2 years with privates versus publics...

Do you feel otherwise?

Well, last year AHP was probably better than this year and Hallandale (a public ) beat them....

If we were to eliminate private from 5A this year we may have ended up with a Immokalee versus Ponte Vedra final. :rolleyes:  I can assure that would have likely been an abusive disaster - not close to the great 5A state championships the last 2 years with privates versus publics...

Do you feel otherwise?

That's speculation.  IMO, without the private schools, this year would have been Ponte Vedra vs Palm Bay and last year would have probably been Wakulla vs Hallendale.  Both likely would have been good games.  

That's speculation.  IMO, without the private schools, this year would have been Ponte Vedra vs Palm Bay and last year would have probably been Wakulla vs Hallendale.  Both likely would have been good games.  

But either way the last 2 years, the top publics have competed with the top privates in 5A.  Here is why you need a few privates in 5A IMO....The bottom half of 5A publics are not even worthy playoff teams - why water down a overall weak 5A even more so with the bottom tier 1 and 2 win publics?

Do you think 3-7 Fort Pierce Westwood, or 2-7 Gibbs are worthy playoff opponents?  They sure were this year!  Those teams would get boat-raced by 1A public first round teams! They're a joke as playoff teams!  Then you have Immokalee.... Immokalee is not a 3rd round team in any class in the state in 2016 - other than 5A!   Tell me another class Immokalee makes the 3rd round in?

I'd be okay with 5A eliminating privates as long as you are okay cutting the amount of playoff teams in 5A down to 12 public.

But either way the last 2 years, the top publics have competed with the top privates in 5A.  Here is why you need a few privates in 5A IMO....The bottom half of 5A publics are not even worthy playoff teams - why water down a overall weak 5A even more so with the bottom tier 1 and 2 win publics?

Do you think 3-7 Fort Pierce Westwood, or 2-7 Gibbs are worthy playoff opponents?  They sure were this year!  Those teams would get boat-raced by 1A public first round teams! They're a joke as playoff teams!  Then you have Immokalee.... Immokalee is not a 3rd round team in any class in the state in 2016 - other than 5A!   Tell me another class Immokalee makes the 3rd round in?

I'd be okay with 5A eliminating privates as long as you are okay cutting the amount of playoff teams in 5A down to 12 public.

Immokalee - not so sure how they would do in 3a as that class is all private schools but they would beat most all teams in 1a & 2a and would be a playoff team in 4a.  Fine line between most 4a publics and 5a public schools.  

Immokalee - not so sure how they would do in 3a as that class is all private schools but they would beat most all teams in 1a & 2a and would be a playoff team in 4a.  Fine line between most 4a publics and 5a public schools.  

Forget 3A Privates....Let's start with 1A Publics....

Give Immokalee the Pahokee playoff schedule and see how far they get versus what they faced in their 5A schedule!

Seriously..Would you rather have to play Hardee (5A) or Newberry (1A) in Round 1  ;)

As for 3A...A team like Melbourne Central Catholic would likely blow the doors off Immokalee IMO....- but that is speculation.

Forget 3A Privates....Let's start with 1A Publics....

Give Immokalee the Pahokee playoff schedule and see how far they get versus what they faced in their 5A schedule!

Seriously..Would you rather have to play Hardee (5A) or Newberry (1A) in Round 1 ;)

As for 3A...A team like Melbourne Central Catholic would likely blow the doors off Immokalee IMO....- but that is speculation.

Immokalee could and most likely would beat those teams.