3 Port St Joe 

4 Hamilton County 

5 Baker 

6 Union County 

7 Fort Meade

8 Dixie County 

9 Lafayette 

10 Gadsden County

Keep in mind Trenton, Newberry, and Fort White were moved up so that probably hurt the top 10 list badly but i worked with what i had lol

13 hours ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

1A top 10

1 Madison 

2 Pahokee 

3 Port St Joe 

4 Hamilton County 

5 Baker 

6 Union County 

7 Fort Meade

8 Dixie County 

9 Lafayette 

10 Gadsden County

Keep in mind Trenton, Newberry, and Fort White were moved up so that probably hurt the top 10 list badly but i worked with what i had lol

Didn't Madison lose a lot this past season?  

46 minutes ago, BrowardHandicapper said:

Didn't Madison lose a lot this past season?  

They usually do but They also have a very consistent and successful talent pool and should be ready for the season,  Madison loses a lot more then most 1a schools graduation wise but also reloads more than basically anyone else and with newberry, fort White and trenton out of 1a it now or never for Madison to finally win 1a

On 7/1/2017 at 8:36 PM, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

1A top 10

1 Madison 

2 Pahokee 

3 Port St Joe 

4 Hamilton County 

5 Baker 

6 Union County 

7 Fort Meade

8 Dixie County 

9 Lafayette 

10 Gadsden County

East and West Gadsden together will have over 1000 kids. 

20 hours ago, BrowardHandicapper said:

Will Madison County be as strong as 2016 Madison County?

I expect Pahokee to fall back a little from last year but still be a 1A contender.

Broward wouldn't surprise me if there just as good this year as last year.

The 1A champ will come out the south again so Pahokee and Madison are the two favored to win it in my opinion.

23 hours ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

How fort White gonna handle 3a?

Have good shot at making playoffs but after first round is where we get thrown to the big privates in 3a believe we would face Oxbridge or MCC which we wouldn't have the roster to compete with those monsters. I believe Chaminade-Madonna wins 3A hands down.

ForWhiteFan76,

I, for one, agree with you. Fort White is where MCC has been in years past- a team that has playmakers and if they catch a team on a bad night and they play a great game can upset somebody. MCC was in the boat last year, they caught CCC looking ahead to Chaminade. CCC had 2 of the top 300 players in America and 11 kids that went to play Division 1. MCC battled, battled and in 9 overtimes finally pulled an upset. Their reward? A fresh and healthy Chaminade came to town the next week and just clobbered MCC.  When you look at 3A as a whole, many people may not be impressed, but if you look at the top 7 or 8 teams, it's a grind as they all have and will continue to play and be successful against teams in 6/7 and even 8a.

I'm not in favor of participation trophies- my son will tell you that! But, I do think teams in the final 4 deserve a tip of the hat, especially in 3A where it's not uncommon for the elite teams to have rosters of 30-35 with 30-40% of that roster being a legitimate prospect for college football.

15 hours ago, s1nglewing said:

Surely they're not playing as a 1A team this fall....

No it looks like they are playing mostly 4A and up. I think they may turn some heads this year.  PSJ was scheduled to play West Gadsden but they dropped all of their games for East Gadsden's schedule.

They are 4A  for 2017 but I imagine they will be 5A for 2018.  East gadsden had Corey Fuller (Godby) as head coach and he got the program headed in the right direction and I believe the West Gadsden coach was taking over and he really did some good things at West Gadsden.

21 minutes ago, Sharkbait said:

They are 4A  for 2017 but I imagine they will be 5A for 2018.  East gadsden had Corey Fuller (Godby) as head coach and he got the program headed in the right direction and I believe the West Gadsden coach was taking over and he really did some good things at West Gadsden.

Yup, the West coach took over at East, which then became Gadsden County.