2017 south florida preseason top 25

DisabledAccount

Since there are so many teams in the big 3 (Dade,  Broward,  and Palm Beach) im gonna restrict rankings to these 3 counties in my top 25

1 STA

2 Miami Northwestern 

3 Miami Central 

4 Miami Carol City 

5 AHP

6 Chaminade Madonna

7 Atlantic Delray 

8 Miami Southridge 

9 Cardinal Gibbons 

10 Miami Booker T Washington 

11 Miramar 

12 Deerfield Beach 

13 Oxbridge Academy 

14 Miami Senior 

15 Miami Norland

16 Columbus 

17 Western

18 Dillard

19 Coral Gables 

20 Mater Academy 

21 Champagnat 

22 Pahokee 

23 Palm Beach Gardens 

24 Park Vista 

25 Doral Academy

1 hour ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Since there are so many teams in the big 3 (Dade,  Broward,  and Palm Beach) im gonna restrict rankings to these 3 counties in my top 25

1 STA

2 Miami Northwestern 

3 Miami Central 

4 Miami Carol City 

5 AHP

6 Chaminade Madonna

7 Atlantic Delray 

8 Miami Southridge 

9 Cardinal Gibbons 

11 Miramar 

12 Deerfield Beach 

13 Oxbridge Academy 

14 Miami Senior 

15 Miami Norland

16 Columbus 

17 Western

18 Dillard

19 Coral Gables 

20 Mater Academy 

21 Champagnat 

22 Pahokee 

23 Palm Beach Gardens 

24 Park Vista 

25 Doral Academy

Nice list. But BTW is probably better than 4 teams ahead of them. Maybe 5.

30 minutes ago, 954gator said:

Chaminade waaay to high IMO.   I think teams like BTW and Southridge would tear them up.

I use my preseason top 100 to rank these teams in other similar rankings and from what i seen BTW weaker than last year and Southridge i still have questions about Which hurts their rankings in my eyes

9 hours ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

I use my preseason top 100 to rank these teams in other similar rankings and from what i seen BTW weaker than last year and Southridge i still have questions about Which hurts their rankings in my eyes

What questions do you have? Only thing you need to know are two words: Ice and Richardson. Ice is like the Coach K of South Florida high school football. He's going to get the best out of those kids. They play hard for him. Richardson at QB is a top 3 QB in South Florida and he's ONLY entering his junior year. The kid is a BEAST and a game changer. The thing with BTW you never hear much about off season transitions. They fly under the radar, then when the season comes...BAM! Ask AHP and STA. Although both ended up winning state last year and BTW didn't make it, that's largely due to Cocoa being a much improved team and that 5A and 7A are weaker than a Pepsi soda that has been sitting for hours opened.

10 hours ago, 954gator said:

Chaminade waaay to high IMO.   I think teams like BTW and Southridge would tear them up.

Saw Chaminade last year in a few games.  They got bullied a little bit at the LOS by the big boys but I think they have beefed that up and are even stronger at the skills.....I think 2017 Chaminade is top 10 range for SFL.

How do you see Champagnat in comparison to Chaminade?  

47 minutes ago, MC Rockets said:

What questions do you have? Only thing you need to know are two words: Ice and Richardson. Ice is like the Coach K of South Florida high school football. He's going to get the best out of those kids. They play hard for him. Richardson at QB is a top 3 QB in South Florida and he's ONLY entering his junior year. The kid is a BEAST and a game changer. The thing with BTW you never hear much about off season transitions. They fly under the radar, then when the season comes...BAM! Ask AHP and STA. Although both ended up winning state last year and BTW didn't make it, that's largely due to Cocoa being a much improved team and that 5A and 7A are weaker than a Pepsi soda that has been sitting for hours opened.

@ MC Rockets   

Any word on how the OL is looking over at BTW of late.  I don't know if Ice got a few new faces up front but from what I saw this spring they looked like they were averaging about 205 lbs across the OL.  Last year they were probably close to 300 across.  Now I am not questioning BTW's ability to patch that up this summer, or compensate offensively as I understand they have arguably the best skills in SFL.  But to me, taking a hit up front that significant is a bit of a concern coming into August....

1 hour ago, MC Rockets said:

Are you kidding? 

5A and 7A overall both are far better classes then 4a 

The top 2 teams might be solid but after that HUGE DROP-OFF 

5A and 7A have far deeper teams and far better quality if you take the top 10 in 4a against 5a and 7a top 10s 4a might win 1 of the top 10 matchups

34 minutes ago, BrowardHandicapper said:

@ MC Rockets   

Any word on how the OL is looking over at BTW of late.  I don't know if Ice got a few new faces up front but from what I saw this spring they looked like they were averaging about 205 lbs across the OL.  Last year they were probably close to 300 across.  Now I am not questioning BTW's ability to patch that up this summer, or compensate offensively as I understand they have arguably the best skills in SFL.  But to me, taking a hit up front that significant is a bit of a concern coming into August....

I haven't really heard anything on BTW to be honest. But I'm sure Ice has a few tricks up his sleeve. He always does.

I did a top 10 for 4a 5a and 7a

4a top 10

1 Cocoa
2 BTW
3 Raines 
4 Glades Central 
5 University School 
6 Trenton
7 South Sumter 
8 Miami Edison 
9 Gadsen High

10 Dunnleon 

5a top 10 

1 AHP
2 TCA
3 Cardinal Gibbons 
4 Ponte Vedra 
5 West Florida 

6 Jones
7 Rickards 
8 Ely
9 Bishop Moore 
10 Baker County 

7A top 10

1 STA
2 Lakeland 
3 Plant
4 Venice 
5 Robert E Lee 
6 Bartram Trail 
7 Columbia 
8 Viera 
9 Braden River
10 Mater Academy

I am curious how many games 4a wins against the 10 of 5a and 7a

16 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Are you kidding? 

5A and 7A overall both are far better classes then 4a 

The top 2 teams might be solid but after that HUGE DROP-OFF 

5A and 7A have far deeper teams and far better quality if you take the top 10 in 4a against 5a and 7a top 10s 4a might win 1 of the top 10 matchups

No I'm not kidding. 

Yes HUGE DROP OFF after AHP and STA is right.

And of course those classes will be deeper. More teams with higher enrollments...Duh!

Deeper doesn't always mean better. 

I am sticking to my point...5A and 7A overall are WEAK! 

Just now, MC Rockets said:

No I'm not kidding. 

Yes HUGE DROP OFF after AHP and STA is right.

And of course those classes will be deeper. More teams with higher enrollments...Duh!

Deeper doesn't always mean better. 

I am sticking to my point...5A and 7A overall are WEAK! 

After cocoa and BTW there are no depth in 4a

Raines is the 3rd best team in 4a

3rd best in 5a and 7a

Cardinal gibbons and plant 

Tell me how raines beats either team? 

Will be same case if i go down the rest of the top 10

1 minute ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

I did a top 10 for 4a 5a and 7a

4a top 10

1 Cocoa
2 BTW
3 Raines 
4 Jones 
5 Glades Central 
6 University School 
7 Trenton
8 South Sumter 
9 Miami Edison 
10 Gadsen High

5a top 10 

1 AHP
2 TCA
3 Cardinal Gibbons 
4 Ponte Vedra 
5 West Florida 
6 Rickards 
7 Ely
8 Bishop Moore 
9 Baker County 
10 Bolles 

7A top 10

1 STA
2 Lakeland 
3 Plant
4 Venice 
5 Robert E Lee 
6 Bartram Trail 
7 Columbia 
8 Viera 
9 Braden River
10 Mater Academy

I am curious how many games 4a wins against the 10 of 5a and 7a

You can take Bolles out of the equation as this is their first year in 5A this year. You know good and well Bolles has been a juggernaut in 4A. 

Ely won 3 or 4 games last year and only made the playoffs due to the old system...try again. 

1 minute ago, MC Rockets said:

You can take Bolles out of the equation as this is their first year in 5A this year. You know good and well Bolles has been a juggernaut in 4A. 

Ely won 3 or 4 games last year and only made the playoffs due to the old system...try again. 

Ely would beat Trenton 

7th rank vs 7th rank 

Maybe 4a was better in past but they have 2 elite teams and then drop-off after

2017 4a doesn't come close to 5a or 7a

Just now, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Ely would beat Trenton 

7th rank vs 7th rank 

Maybe 4a was better in past but they have 2 elite teams and then drop-off after

2017 4a doesn't come close to 5a or 7a

ColumbiaHighFan2017class: I applaud everything you are doing to make this site what it is. Kudos to you. But you can throw EVERY statistical point at me from now to kickoff. I will not change how I feel about those two classes. Sorry.

22 hours ago, Cjm04 said:

Still no love for Deerfield....

How is #12 not fair for Deerfield Beach in SFL for now?

Deerfield Beach has 4 playoff wins in the last 4 years.

2013 - Robbed Flanagan with a phantom Offensive Interference call on a very late 4th qtr Flanagan TD that forced the game to OT.  Deerfield wins 14-7 in OT.

2014 - 4-6 season overall

2015 - Beat Plantation 17-14 with Plantation driving late and fumble.

2016 - Put away Western soundly in the second half and win 27-7.  Beat Flanagan 10-7 with Flanagan having 5 turnovers. Deerfield Beach did not even amass 100 Total Offensive yards in that game.

That is  4 playoff wins in the last 4 years.  There is no doubt Deerfield Beach has the talent to play with the best and they have some great wins over the years but when the $ is on the line of late in the post-season this is what happened:

2013 lost 6- 43 to Miramar

2015 lost 0- 17 to Flanagan

2016 lost 7- 26 to Southridge

That is 13 - 86 when the $ is on the line in the post-season versus elite FL teams.  Not making this up.  It is what it is.

I will also add that Deerfield Beach has had some hard circumstances (particularly off the field over the last year) and their program a great job helping their players see great opportunity for their future as they always help land kids in college.  They produce some of the best talent in SFL, I just feel the 8-15 range in SFL right now is a fair range.

Now sell me why 2017 Deerfield Beach will be better then recent years and where should they be ranked in SFL?

I'm good with our spot ...now we got to prove we are better or dare I say belong on the list or be took off in my opinion ..i wouldn't have western at 17 tho In my opinion that's 2 high for a team with 1 above avg year in the last 10 years no playoff consistency not even making it every other year ...talented?  Have potential ? Yes of course but I believe many of the teams below would run western off the field. Does that mean the same WONT happen to Dillard by some of those teams on any given day?? No but I believe with our resume we can make a case to be 18.

On 7/15/2017 at 7:49 PM, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

1 STA

2 Miami Northwestern 

3 Miami Central 

4 Miami Carol City 

5 AHP

6 Chaminade Madonna

7 Atlantic Delray 

8 Miami Southridge 

9 Cardinal Gibbons 

11 Miramar 

12 Deerfield Beach