Baylor says they will NOT recruit IMG kids

SportsNut25

Seems like a little bit of jealousy involved to me,  Baylor is free to do as they please just like these kids should be free to attend the high/prep school/academy of their choice.

Rhule is just jealous that Baylor's recruiting overall sucked last year, the program is on the way down,  and is now making things personal because of his own bitter misfortune.  He just made a school like Oklahoma real happy, and probably sped up the shelf-life of his job, with his childish and jealous antics IMO.

For anyone who believes this is a good ethical/moral/loyal move to keep kids in Texas.  How the he11 can it be categorized like that if another entity is making personal decisions (for what they believe the sake of Texas football)   for student athletes and their futures ?

What good does he believe this selfish decision could lead to for Baylor football and his job?

What is Rhule going to do next?

Never recruit at a specific  HS (anywhere) once their 4* FBS player decommitts from Baylor?

Mark my words...Matt Rhule will be out at Baylor sooner then later.

21 hours ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Might have held more weight if it came from Saban or Dabo or Jimbo 

Rhule don't hold the same weight as them 

Rhule talks of Texas HS  football like he was born and bred into it, and wants to preserve it.  Before this job at Baylor this NYC native probably never set foot in Texas.  

Ironically, Rhule if you research how Rhule built up his resume and record at Temple to land the job at Baylor you might be surprised....  How many kids on Temple's roster are from hometown Philadelphia and the home state of Pennsylvania?

Temple in recent years probably had half of their roster roster from outside of their Home State of Pennsylvania.  Probably 25 from FL and NJ combined.  I  would guess there were kids on some of those private schools in that Rhule recruited at in NJ from surrounding states (MD, NY...) as well.  

- "Do as I say, not as I do" 

30 minutes ago, DB4 said:

Somehow I think IMG will survive this. All the other FBS schools + the FCS schools are still knocking doors down. Mighty presumptive of Rhule to think big time recruits want to go to Baylor like they got it like THAT.

I will go out on a limb and say IMG football will last and keep doing their thing longer than Rhule will last at Baylor.

14 hours ago, Sharkbait said:

Saw a tweet from Tom Herman at Texas that kids don't need to go to IMG for him to find them.  Apparently IMG must have pissed them off in the Lone Star state.

Tom Herman isn't taking a hardline stance like Rhule bc I see that Texas has a kid from St. Louis who is at IMG now and he's committed to the Longhorns.

7 hours ago, DB4 said:

Tom Herman isn't taking a hardline stance like Rhule bc I see that Texas has a kid from St. Louis who is at IMG now and he's committed to the Longhorns.

I don't think anyone could rule out recruiting kids from IMG.  Maybe I should have said "rhule out".  It would simply be irresponsible to leave that big of a talent pool untouched.