Cocoa vrs Trinity Christian

Hog hunter

Cocoa will travel to Jacksonville. Road games can be tricky. Cocoa has the talent but there is still a lot the Tigers need to work out. Such as defending the deep pass and Blocking on the O-Line. Cocoa run is solid because of quickness not the gaping holes the O-line are creating. 

Trinity can match Cocoa in Talent pretty much, but they did lose some decent talent off the offense. I'll go with Cocoa as far as having a better Offense, but if Trinity can bring a good defense to the game it will be interesting. Trinity is going to want revenge after losing in OT in Cocoa to the Tigers.

I'm going to say it's going to be close unless Cocoa can get the passing game on offense and defense together by game time. 

50 minutes ago, Cat_Scratch said:

Cocoa will travel to Jacksonville. Road games can be tricky. Cocoa has the talent but there is still a lot the Tigers need to work out. Such as defending the deep pass and Blocking on the O-Line. Cocoa run is solid because of quickness not the gaping holes the O-line are creating. 

Trinity can match Cocoa in Talent pretty much, but they did lose some decent talent off the offense. I'll go with Cocoa as far as having a better Offense, but if Trinity can bring a good defense to the game it will be interesting. Trinity is going to want revenge after losing in OT in Cocoa to the Tigers.

I'm going to say it's going to be close unless Cocoa can get the passing game on offense and defense together by game time. 

I saw some highlights on Twitter against Clearwater and I say the passing game is moving along. Brad Cantrell was throwing pretty good. Is he the starter over the Sophmore Holmes?

To put things in perspective, TCA lost a bunch to graduation. Their starting QB, two top RB's (one with 1,500 yards), and four of their top Receivers. Six of their best defensive players are gone. From what I can see they have a lot of underclassmen and quite a few Freshman this season. I could be wrong but there doesn't seem to be the capability there to be as dominant as they were last season. If Cocoa is as good as I've heard then TCA may be in a little trouble. However, I do support the Crusaders big time and hope that they have the ability to put it all together against Cocoa. :unsure:

7 hours ago, Proseteye said:

To put things in perspective, TCA lost a bunch to graduation. Their starting QB, two top RB's (one with 1,500 yards), and four of their top Receivers. Six of their best defensive players are gone. From what I can see they have a lot of underclassmen and quite a few Freshman this season. I could be wrong but there doesn't seem to be the capability there to be as dominant as they were last season. If Cocoa is as good as I've heard then TCA may be in a little trouble. However, I do support the Crusaders big time and hope that they have the ability to put it all together against Cocoa. :unsure:

You are correct about the youth of TCA. Alot of Freshman and sophomores playing on line and in skill areas. Last week had alot of young mistakes and penalties. These two teams can match atheletes but experience may decide this one. 

4 hours ago, Fan 74 said:

You are correct about the youth of TCA. Alot of Freshman and sophomores playing on line and in skill areas. Last week had alot of young mistakes and penalties. These two teams can match atheletes but experience may decide this one. 

Cocoa definitely has the experience

On 8/20/2017 at 8:13 PM, KeemD321 said:

I saw some highlights on Twitter against Clearwater and I say the passing game is moving along. Brad Cantrell was throwing pretty good. Is he the starter over the Sophmore Holmes?

Pretty sure Cantrell is the starter. He looked good when he had time to throw. He makes quick decisions. I think he will be very good as the year moves forward. 

7 hours ago, Cat_Scratch said:

Pretty sure Cantrell is the starter. He looked good when he had time to throw. He makes quick decisions. I think he will be very good as the year moves forward. 

Yea he is. I think he is a good fit at QB for Cocoa. Good pocket presence with the ability to run if he has to. Plus they can also change the pace up with wildcat packages for Willie Gaines and Holmes who are both very capable passers as well.

6 hours ago, KeemD321 said:

Yea he is. I think he is a good fit at QB for Cocoa. Good pocket presence with the ability to run if he has to. Plus they can also change the pace up with wildcat packages for Willie Gaines and Holmes who are both very capable passers as well.

I seen them running the wildcat. Problem is that the D knows it's coming and loads the line up. Wilks needs a few pass plays for Willie, got to keep that Defense guessing. Caziah Holmes scored a TD as a RB against Clearwater. He is also capable of running the wildcat. 

30 minutes ago, Cat_Scratch said:

I seen them running the wildcat. Problem is that the D knows it's coming and loads the line up. Wilks needs a few pass plays for Willie, got to keep that Defense guessing. Caziah Holmes scored a TD as a RB against Clearwater. He is also capable of running the wildcat. 

Oh yea...maybe they didn't want to show the passing from the wildcat. At least I'm hoping that. But both Gaines and Holmes are capable passers with great speed to run. Holmes already has an offer from Miami 

12 hours ago, KeemD321 said:

Oh yea...maybe they didn't want to show the passing from the wildcat. At least I'm hoping that. But both Gaines and Holmes are capable passers with great speed to run. Holmes already has an offer from Miami 

I sat next to Holmes dad at Clearwater. He confirmed that his son has 4 very nice offers as a sophomore, big schools. I can see good things for the football future of Cocoa.

31 minutes ago, Cat_Scratch said:

I sat next to Holmes dad at Clearwater. He confirmed that his son has 4 very nice offers as a sophomore, big schools. I can see good things for the football future of Cocoa.

Oh yes they are set for next couple seasons. One of the fastest underclassmen in the nation and he's just gonna get even faster .

Looking forward to watching Dada White mature under Wilks. He came out against Clearwater getting double teamed and still making tackles as an 8th grader. Dang ole mighty he looks bigger and stronger than ever too. Hope he doesn't lose that 40 sprint speed, it was his go to last year. Have several young bucks on the team to keep an eye on. Good hands at WR's, but we need one with that breakaway speed. Maybe Holmes could line up at WR some this year. 

5 hours ago, Cat_Scratch said:

Looking forward to watching Dada White mature under Wilks. He came out against Clearwater getting double teamed and still making tackles as an 8th grader. Dang ole mighty he looks bigger and stronger than ever too. Hope he doesn't lose that 40 sprint speed, it was his go to last year. Have several young bucks on the team to keep an eye on. Good hands at WR's, but we need one with that breakaway speed. Maybe Holmes could line up at WR some this year. 

Yea Lee and the WR that came in from Titusville is a good redzone target...he's 6'3 or 6'4 with offers from Kentucky and Louisville now from the Summer