Quantcast

Football Hotbed District 16-6A preview

I see aside from predicting a Bulls win in the district, he withheld his opinion on runner up. He also stated that he believes it's unlikely 3 teams from the district will make it. I am not sure I agree with this as the rest of the region is not that good. I could easily see most of the other districts just sending the district champion. 

I do admit that I have not taken a close enough look at the relative strength of schedules of teams in the other districts, though. So between playing schedules packed with past year playoff teams and schedules with other teams that will win 8 or 9 games, I guess it's possible that only two from 6A-16 will make it.

9 hours ago, topnotch305 said:

I think central will be that team that loses 4 to 5 games. They are not as good as they used to be. Oline and qb play is sketchy...

They got the size on the line now from what they had during the spring but your right and qb ain't been there since Cato..

4 minutes ago, Zoe Boy said:

They got the size on the line now from what they had during the spring but your right and qb ain't been there since Cato..

I'm going to the game Thursday. I remember how DFB bullied them in the spring game. Chaminade defense not that far off so we will see. The few times Dwyer got pressure on the qb the short one they had in there panicked... he threw a potential pick 6 but Dwyer dropped it. If they play better than what i expect ill give them their props tho. 

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Will trinity catholic be live streaming the game against Jax tca?
    • He is also a class act! 
    • For Poinciana sake 14-56 as of today, one more game to go this season wednesday.  Of the 14 wins 7  (7-12) compared to (7-44) have been in the last 2 seasons. We are working on turning this program around finally and beginning to make progress. We lost at least 2 games that we should have won this year. No excuses! Classifications have been unfair to Poinciana due to the criteria based solely on total student body number. Which I understand. But as we know it is not a true representation of our populous.  Poinciana Is now and will be in the foreseeable future independent. We had this done a few years ago, but the AD who thought he knew everything, felt that Poinciana should compete in districts. So he put us back. We left a very bad 5a team and were reclassified as a very bad 7a team. Go figure! Our goal is to finally get Poinciana to be reasonably competitive at first, then we will rethink district play down the road. Why be in a district where there is no chance of winning a game or two, or even being competitive.  Being independent gives us total control of our schedule. We have scheduled like teams for the first time next year. Hopefully the results will be better. If not wins, just being competitive help a lot. This is a work in progress. It took 25 years to get this bad, wont get better over night. Especially with school of choice, why would someone choose Poinciana?  We have to win before they will come.  Hopefully I can update this wednesday night with 8 wins in the last 2 years!
    • Venice vs Aquinas is going to be a great game. I expect it to be Edgewater vs Aquinas in the finals again, I think whoever wins between Venice-STA and Edgewater-Mitchell will represent the north and south brackets in 7A respectively.
    • Good point.  IF Niceville can get by Fleming Island, they are 16-7 in the playoffs at home since 2000.  5 of those 7 losses were by a TD or less, and of those 5, 3 were by 1 point.  An undefeated Niceville team at home in the playoffs is likely going to give anyone a tough battle.    
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• Popular Contributors