Dunnellon @ Cocoa

Proseteye

Next Friday the Dunnellon Tigers make a fairly long trek to take on the Cocoa Tigers. Dunnellon only lost to one team, South Sumter, last season. So far they have defeated two fairly week teams, Crystal River, and Citrus, by large margins. I know that Dunnellon has always been a rugged team with some pretty good talent. However, are they rugged enough to give Cocoa a game with a possibility of coming out on top? :unsure:

10 minutes ago, Proseteye said:

Next Friday the Dunnellon Tigers make a fairly long trek to take on the Cocoa Tigers. Dunnellon only lost to one team, South Sumter, last season. So far they have defeated two fairly week teams, Crystal River, and Citrus, by large margins. I know that Dunnellon has always been a rugged team with some pretty good talent. However, are they rugged enough to give Cocoa a game with a possibility of coming out on top? :unsure:

Dunnellon good but cocoa another level 

1 hour ago, Proseteye said:

I don't think so. Cocoa is state caliber. 

Just now, nolebull813 said:

No shot. Dunnellon beats weak ass teams and when they play anyone with a pulse they get rolled. 

I told Josh whoever put out the rankings with undefeated Dunnellon over multi loss Booker T was insane. 

Dunnellon loses 49-7

Sad thing is they probably raines biggest competion in 4A north this year 

Probably a better odds of having someone not named BTW or cocoa win 4a south then someone not named raines winning 4a north this year 

From what I can see Cocoa is mostly a ground and pound team as they have only 1 TD by air. RB Javian Hawkins does most of the leg work. Guess that Dunnellon will have to make an effort to stop him if they are to have a decent chance. But, of course, they already know that. Dunnellon is a Senior laden team so this will be their best chance to upset Cocoa. Don't see where they have ever played Cocoa before since Dunnellon was previously in 5A until 2015. Wish I could get over to Cocoa to see this game. But, these days I try not to drive at night in unfamiliar places.

40 minutes ago, Proseteye said:

From what I can see Cocoa is mostly a ground and pound team as they have only 1 TD by air. RB Javian Hawkins does most of the leg work. Guess that Dunnellon will have to make an effort to stop him if they are to have a decent chance. But, of course, they already know that. Dunnellon is a Senior laden team so this will be their best chance to upset Cocoa. Don't see where they have ever played Cocoa before since Dunnellon was previously in 5A until 2015. Wish I could get over to Cocoa to see this game. But, these days I try not to drive at night in unfamiliar places.

Too bad that's what Coach Wilks is planning on for team to key in on Hawkins. Unfortunately he is not the only playmaker on that tiger offense. There's 3 other very capable runners and they have speed and length at receiver with a QB that can air it out.  Along with a stout defense 

29 minutes ago, Proseteye said:

J-Hawk isn't the only option at RB. Cocoa has a wildcat QB in Holmes, and Cantrell is accurate if given time, but is quick to pull the ball and sprint if the Receivers are covered.

Cocoa has a few kinks to work out still. One is receivers getting open, and the other is the secondary allowing receivers to slip by and get open. If Dunnellon's QB can hit the slants and sideline line routes quickly then Cocoa will give up a few 1st down's. I doubt anyone but the best RB's with decent O-lines are going to run on Cocoa. If you can't run on Cocoa then the pass rush is on, and the Swarming D is very high octane this year.

If they get to play, I see a running clock.

justsayin...