Dillard’s Point Accumulation So Far && the confusion That comes with it.!! Help me understand this football family

Sooo I looked up Dillard accumulated points so far and from what I see we only have 33 points and archbishop who we beat Got more But yet we won the district.

on top of that we received only 

18 points for losing to Btw

33 points for losing to western 

28 for losing to Deerfield 

But Received 38 points for beating Boyd Anderson 40 points for beating Stranahan 40 points for beating northeast & 40 points for beating Archbishop McCarthy.

so basically it seems like the more sorry the team is that u play the more points you get and if u play a good school ...win or lose u don’t receive those many points ...which makes me question why were all these schools scheduling up ?? Instead of filling the schedule up with cupcakes !? I get it Competition u want to see where you at what needs to be fixed what are your weaknesses but a few Good teams are gonna miss out on the playoffs because they hit off more then they can true trying to schedule up when in fact scheduling up doesn’t benefit u in the points department.

5 minutes ago, "PANTHER NATiON" (WE HERE) said:

Sooo I looked up Dillard accumulated points so far and from what I see we only have 33 points and archbishop who we beat Got more But yet we won the district.

But Received 38 points for beating Boyd Anderson 40 points for beating Stranahan 40 points for beating northeast & 40 points for beating Archbishop McCarthy.

so basically it seems like the more sorry the team is that u play the more points you get and if u play a good school ...win or lose u don’t receive those many points ...which makes me question why were all these schools scheduling up ?? Instead of filling the schedule up with cupcakes !? I get it Competition u want to see where you at what needs to be fixed what are your weaknesses but a few Good teams are gonna miss out on the playoffs because they hit off more then they can true trying to schedule up when in fact scheduling up doesn’t benefit u in the points department.

That is correct. Scheduling a tougher team that you know you have a good chance of losing to is a bad move. Scheduling teams you know you can beat is a good move. UNTIL next season when you get more points for beating a playoff team, I believe???

Seems they should give a team more points for beating a team the deeper they went in the playoffs. For instance - Team A made it to the second round, that team should be worth 5 or more points than a first round loser. Team B made it to the semi finals, that team should be worth 10 or more points if you beat them the next season. And so on... This year is the start of the new system. I think next season you will see better points for beating better teams.

I thought that was what the point system was going to do this year but I guess I was wrong???

6 minutes ago, Cat_Scratch said:

That is correct. Scheduling a tougher team that you know you have a good chance of losing to is a bad move. Scheduling teams you know you can beat is a good move. UNTIL next season when you get more points for beating a playoff team, I believe???

Seems they should give a team more points for beating a team the deeper they went in the playoffs. For instance - Team A made it to the second round, that team should be worth 5 or more points than a first round loser. Team B made it to the semi finals, that team should be worth 10 or more points if you beat them the next season. And so on... This year is the start of the new system. I think next season you will see better points for beating better teams.

I thought that was what the point system was going to do this year but I guess I was wrong???

It’s crazy Bra 

In my opinion what a team did last year should not have any impact on how many points you get this year.  It is a new year and teams change quickly in high school football.  Sure the traditional powers are usually good but there is so many teams that have good years and then quickly fall off.

1 hour ago, "PANTHER NATiON" (WE HERE) said:

No if you beat good teams you get more

You get 50 points for beating a category 1 team

I think they update points in off season to make it better

49 minutes ago, badbird said:

In my opinion what a team did last year should not have any impact on how many points you get this year.  It is a new year and teams change quickly in high school football.  Sure the traditional powers are usually good but there is so many teams that have good years and then quickly fall off.

Then the team scheduling them get punished if the team they scheduled collapses out of no where 

Look at Ed White and first Coast they went from double digit wins in 2014 to District doormats in 2015

1 minute ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Then the team scheduling them get punished if the team they scheduled collapses out of no where 

Look at Ed White and first Coast they went from double digit wins in 2014 to District doormats in 2015

and those wins should not be worth 3 points more than a similar team that didn't make the playoffs

1 hour ago, "PANTHER NATiON" (WE HERE) said:

And for instance the projected wild cards I mean dam 3 from 1 district !?!!?!

carol city 

miami central 

and Miami Norland 

And the only lone team as a wild card is mantazza the hell why not make it a full sweep and add Hialeah Miami Lakes Smh 

Blame the other district wild cards for playing like crap and not earning their spot 

Miami Norland likely going 6-4

You would think some teams could go at least 7-3 or 8-2 and earn more points

Do you really feel any of the wild cards below them can beat Norland? 

Just now, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

You do realize those 3 points are added in only to be divided right? 

So its more like .45 points or something like that 

Hardly a game changer 

could keep a team out because a crappy team got bonus points.  I'm well aware of how the point system is set up

First, rewarding points on past performances is actually good. If you have two 5-5 teams, but one team made the playoffs recently, we would say they have a history and tradition. The whole system of rewarding points based on records to determine who makes the playoffs is silly, but even more silly to suggest that if the goal was to schedule tough that you shouldn't take into account playoff appearances (which is what we use to gauge success). 

Second, as I have said from the beginning, the entire problem of this system is that your points depend on something that you cannot control (the record of your opponent, which is why the district system was more fair). Again, imagine if Trinity Christian ended up "forfeiting" all of their games because of an ineligible player, CHS's win which looked good, all of a sudden becomes hurtful. Is that their fault? No, but they are the ones who are hurt by punishing a team.

Third, Dillard, the problem is that the "good" teams that you scheduled also played good teams. So instead of an opponent going 10-0 and if you lost to them you would receive 30 points, they are now 7-3 and you are only receiving 25. 

Fourth, those bonus points mean a lot. If Columbia has no bonus points (21 points by end of season) than they lose 2.1 points. If you minus 2.1 points from CHS than you are down to 38.9. Ask some of these teams on the edge of making the playoffs if they would love to have 2.1 points.

----------------

19 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Dillard

If they are one of best 8 in the region why should they miss playoffs just because there district is tough even though they would put a running clock on every runner up in the region? 

It doesn’t matter if you don’t win your district u shouldn’t get in simple put it that way I guarantee some of those schools get took out if that district and spreaded around 4 teams out of 1 district is asinine.

when there are other teams in 6A with that same record or better and there missing out on a spot because the entire dam 6A 16 is taking up the wildcard spots and question if you get less points for losing to a good team then how is Norland and Carol city accumulated points over 35 when central has lost to northwestern lost to Deerfield and will more then likely lose to central this week.

and how does Norland have close to 40 points wen they have lost to everybgood team they have played including the shortend game vs Apopka?? Do u also get points by your name ? 

Because if every team is being graded the same as far as in points concern something fishy is going on 

7 minutes ago, gatorman-uf said:

First, rewarding points on past performances is actually good. If you have two 5-5 teams, but one team made the playoffs recently, we would say they have a history and tradition. 

----------------

Norland is 4-3 Gateway is 4-4.  You should get more points for playing Gateway because they lucked up and made the playoffs two years ago?  I disagree.  Base the teams off how good they are this year

8 minutes ago, badbird said:

Norland is 4-3 Gateway is 4-4.  You should get more points for playing Gateway because they lucked up and made the playoffs two years ago?  I disagree.  Base the teams off how good they are this year

When coaches are making their schedules, they only have the past few seasons to look at. Trying to predict which teams will make the jump from below average to average or from average to good is nearly impossible. Again, the whole system stinks. The system rewards a team for something they cannot control. If a team played a whole bunch of 2A or 8A nobodies they can make the playoffs, why?

The problem of what you guys are suggesting is how do you evaluate a good win vs a bad win vs a good loss vs a bad loss. Several of our good teams have had close losses to IMG Academy, should losing (even to a great team) matter more than winning against a cupcake? Ultimately, we judge teams based on wins and losses. Remember, you are the guys who have problems with 1-9 district runner-ups making the playoffs because they don't have enough wins. Now, you are questioning the strengths of the wins. Simply there is no good way to make this system work.

Also I would encourage everyone to look at 5A-8A brackets once they are complete and see how many times it was the district champion and runner-up under the old system that made the playoffs, I am willing to bet over 75% of the district runner-ups and the wildcards are the same. 

1 hour ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

No if you beat good teams you get more

You get 50 points for beating a category 1 team

I think they update points in off season to make it better

Actually you you don't get more points for beating a good team, you get more points for beating a team with a good record,  that is a huge difference and the major flaw in this system.  A team that has scheduled the weakest teams they could find and has gone undefeated is worth more to you than a defending state champ that scheduled all top opponents  and is 6-4

3 minutes ago, gatorman-uf said:

Remember, you are the guys who have problems with 1-9 district runner-ups making the playoffs because they don't have enough wins.  Now, you are questioning the strengths of the wins. Simply there is no good way to make this system work.

what guys are you talking about?  Larger districts less classes would eliminate really bad teams getting in.  Also you could have 2 spots to give to deserving teams that didn't finish as district champ or runner up.

District system was fine. The problem was we had a lack of competitive match-ups in district games. This made games unexciting and blowouts. You fix this by using a number of different factors (population size, success in the playoffs, heck, they could use the LAZindex ) to create better classifications and better districts. Take the top 64 teams in the state (put them in class 7A (remove one classification), require 8 teams districts and reimburse both schools $$$$ for any game where the district opponent is over 50 miles away.

The rest of the classifications use the lazindex (separate out 1A and 2A) and rank teams. You would average 91 teams in 3A to 6A and 64 teams in 7A.