Dillard’s Point Accumulation So Far && the confusion That comes with it.!! Help me understand this football family

18 minutes ago, badbird said:

what guys are you talking about?  Larger districts less classes would eliminate really bad teams getting in.  Also you could have 2 spots to give to deserving teams that didn't finish as district champ or runner up.

I agree, I think eliminating 1 district per region would have done more to solve the problems that the FHSAA and people on this board had than anything else. We have people arguing that a good loss should matter more than a bad win. That losing by 1 to IMG should get you more points than a win over a cupcake. My point is that eventually if you do that, teams can end up 1-9 or 0-10 and make the playoffs because they scheduled so tough. The very first playoff point system they rolled out did just that with a winless Creekside making it in the hypothetical playoffs. 

5 minutes ago, gatorman-uf said:

District system was fine. The problem was we had a lack of competitive match-ups in district games. This made games unexciting and blowouts. You fix this by using a number of different factors (population size, success in the playoffs, heck, they could use the LAZindex ) to create better classifications and better districts. Take the top 64 teams in the state (put them in class 7A (remove one classification), require 8 teams districts and reimburse both schools $$$$ for any game where the district opponent is over 50 miles away.

The rest of the classifications use the lazindex (separate out 1A and 2A) and rank teams. You would average 91 teams in 3A to 6A and 64 teams in 7A. 

Sounds way better to me.

1 hour ago, "PANTHER NATiON" (WE HERE) said:

It doesn’t matter if you don’t win your district u shouldn’t get in simple put it that way I guarantee some of those schools get took out if that district and spreaded around 4 teams out of 1 district is asinine.

when there are other teams in 6A with that same record or better and there missing out on a spot because the entire dam 6A 16 is taking up the wildcard spots and question if you get less points for losing to a good team then how is Norland and Carol city accumulated points over 35 when central has lost to northwestern lost to Deerfield and will more then likely lose to central this week.

and how does Norland have close to 40 points wen they have lost to everybgood team they have played including the shortend game vs Apopka?? Do u also get points by your name ? 

Because if every team is being graded the same as far as in points concern something fishy is going on 

No it's because the other wild cards in region suck 

No one outside of dillard in district 15 deserve playoffs and boyd anderson,  Boynton Beach, northeast and archbishop McCarthy  would get running clocked by all 4 of the good teams in 16 so should any of them get in

Only good team in districts 13 and 14 is mainland and maybe heritage but who knows how good heritage is because they don't play a lot of good teams 

So the fact is those 3 wild cards in 16 deserve it,  if you don't want that many making it i advise you hope those other districts get better so they don't lose wild cards every year to district 16 and i told you in preseason this was possible 

And i dont think the apopka game counted because they never finished

apopka game counted.

Apopka 37.88 Week W/L Opponent Record Percent Category Bonus Points Total Points Earned 1 W Ocoee 1-7 12.50% 4 3 38 2 W Norland 4-3 57.14% 3 0 40 3 L Lakeland 7-0 100.00% 1 3 33 4 W Dr. Phillips 6-2 75.00% 2 3 48 5 W Boone 5-2 71.43% 2 3 48 6 W Evans 3-5 37.50% 4 0 35 7 W Mandarin 2-6 25.00% 4 3 38 8 L West Orange 5-4 55.56% 3 3 23 9 O Open 0 0 10 Wekiva 7-1 87.50% 1 3 11 Oak Ridge 4-4 50.00% 3 3 24 303

Just now, badbird said:

apopka game counted.

Apopka 37.88 Week W/L Opponent Record Percent Category Bonus Points Total Points Earned 1 W Ocoee 1-7 12.50% 4 3 38 2 W Norland 4-3 57.14% 3 0 40 3 L Lakeland 7-0 100.00% 1 3 33 4 W Dr. Phillips 6-2 75.00% 2 3 48 5 W Boone 5-2 71.43% 2 3 48 6 W Evans 3-5 37.50% 4 0 35 7 W Mandarin 2-6 25.00% 4 3 38 8 L West Orange 5-4 55.56% 3 3 23 9 O Open 0 0 10 Wekiva 7-1 87.50% 1 3 11 Oak Ridge 4-4 50.00% 3 3 24 303

I was just getting ready to say that so Norland has 4 loses and like I said there are other 3 or 4 loses teams that’s in 6A that’s currently out of the playoffs right now because of all the wild card spots in 6A going to 1 place good bad or not it’s still not right it should b a limit in my opinion want to see all those teams in place them in different districts but to load all the in 1 district & let them rule 6A & have 4 teams from 1 district in the playoffs is down right sickening 

1 minute ago, badbird said:

They are 4 of the top 8 teams in the region.  They deserve to be in over the others.  I wouldn't call that sickening unless I had to watch my team play one of them in Round 1.

See it doesn’t bother everyone else because u all aren’t in 6A & 4 of the best !? Unless we put them against everyone in 6A we wouldn’t kno that ...”any given night” a fumble here uncharacteristic interception there some momentum u never know happens all the time.

& even then who are we to say they are the best I say make it fair let others get in && price themselves or like I said break up district 16 6A put two in 7a & 2 in 8a & let’s see how it goes.

8 minutes ago, "PANTHER NATiON" (WE HERE) said:

I was just getting ready to say that so Norland has 4 loses and like I said there are other 3 or 4 loses teams that’s in 6A that’s currently out of the playoffs right now because of all the wild card spots in 6A going to 1 place good bad or not it’s still not right it should b a limit in my opinion want to see all those teams in place them in different districts but to load all the in 1 district & let them rule 6A & have 4 teams from 1 district in the playoffs is down right sickening 

Ok for argument sake

Of every other potential wild card in region 4 who beats central, carol City or Miami Norland? 

Archbishop McCarthy? 

Matanzas?

New Smyrna Beach? 

Okochobee? 

Just now, "PANTHER NATiON" (WE HERE) said:

See it doesn’t bother everyone else because u all aren’t in 6A & 4 of the best !? Unless we put them against everyone in 6A we wouldn’t kno that ...”any given night” a fumble here uncharacteristic interception there some momentum u never know happens all the time.

& even then who are we to say they are the best I say make it fair let others get in && price themselves or like I said break up district 16 6A put two in 7a & 2 in 8a & let’s see how it goes.

Well it's gonna stay regions for numerous reasons 

1 specifically is fhsaa ain't gonna pay travel expenses and they want to keep teams Happy

What you said is only thing that would help which is moving them up to open the region up

My idea is Create a open class like California has

2 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Ok for argument sake

Of every other potential wild card in region 4 who beats central, carol City or Miami Norland? 

Archbishop McCarthy? 

Matanzas?

New Smyrna Beach? 

Okochobee? 

If they all got in then Norland would b home the argument is all them teams from 1 district shouldn’t b in 

Just now, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Well it's gonna stay regions for numerous reasons 

1 specifically is fhsaa ain't gonna pay travel expenses and they want to keep teams Happy

What you said is only thing that would help which is moving them up to open the region up

My idea is Create a open class like California has

Exactly put central & MNW in 7a would b a sight to see then put Carol city in 8a

Just now, "PANTHER NATiON" (WE HERE) said:

If they all got in then Norland would b home the argument is all them teams from 1 district shouldn’t b in 

Ik they would all be home but can any of them actually beat Norland 

If answer is no how can we justify Norland being held out 

I Get it's not fair to the others but why should district 16 be punished for having 4 teams who arguably may be best 4 in region all in same district? 

16 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Ik they would all be home but can any of them actually beat Norland 

If answer is no how can we justify Norland being held out 

I Get it's not fair to the others but why should district 16 be punished for having 4 teams who arguably may be best 4 in region all in same district? 

Punished no they didn’t win their district so they shouldn’t be in

3 minutes ago, "PANTHER NATiON" (WE HERE) said:

Punished no they didn’t win their district so they shouldn’t be in

So only district champs get in? 

If they do it for one they have to do it to all

That not only lowers the number of teams in playoffs which means less games and less revenue generated by fhsaa but a lot of teams around state wouldn't like idea of only district champs making playoffs

That happens you will have 9-1 teams missing playoffs bc of 1 off night 

On 10/24/2017 at 8:00 PM, "PANTHER NATiON" (WE HERE) said:

No need to move up have them switch up with the other 6a district.. Put Carol City and Norland in Dillard District and put BA n Northeast with Central and NW and your problem is solve.. You won’t have to worry about 4 teams in one district going to the playoffs 

District 1
Lincoln High School
Amos P. Godby High School
Niceville High School
Pine Forest High School
Pace High School
Pensacola High School
Choctawhatchee High School
Milton High School

District 2
Bolles School
Columbia High School
St Augustine High School
Trinity Christian Academy
Duncan U. Fletcher High School
William M. Raines High School
Edward H. White High School
North Marion High School

District 3
Apopka High School
Mainland High School
Cocoa High School
Edgewater High School
Osceola High School
Lake Brantley High School
Dr. Phillips High School
Merritt Island High School

District 4
Lakeland Senior High School
Armwood High School
Hillsborough High School
HB Plant High School
Jefferson High School
Lake Gibson High School
South Sumter High School
Jesuit

District 5
Naples High School
Venice High School
Southeast High School
Charlotte High School
Glades Central Community High School
Fort Myers High School
Immokalee High School
Manatee High School

District 6
Deerfield Beach High School
Blanche Ely High School
Palm Bay Magnet High School
William T. Dwyer High School
Vero Beach High School
Palm Beach Gardens Community High School
Dillard High School
Atlantic Community High School

District 7
Miami Carol City Senior High School
St.Thomas Aquinas High School
Plantation High School
American Heritage School
Miramar High School
Miami Norland Senior High School
Monsignor Edward Pace High School
Cypress Bay High School

District 8
Booker T. Washington Senior High School
Christopher Columbus High School
Miami Northwestern Senior High
Miami Southridge Senior High School
Miami Killian Senior High School
South Dade Senior High School
Miami Jackson Senior High School
Miami Central Senior High School

6 hours ago, Zoe Boy said:

You know district 8a-16 is projected to have 4 teams in too... I wonder if those other districts are complaining like you too lol

Those other teams in that other district is actually avg to above avg competition district 6A 16 teams are not there is a difference between above avg or elite vs Being Nationally elite 

1 minute ago, "PANTHER NATiON" (WE HERE) said:

Those other teams in that other district is actually avg to above avg competition district 6A 16 teams are not there is a difference between above avg or elite vs Being Nationally elite 

Norland ain't nationally elite and I'm not certain Carol City is this year, last year they were but not so sure this year 

Only Central and MNW are national elite this year 

And while no one in 8a may be as good as Central or MNW, 8a as a whole is better than 6a this year