2018 Disney Event

nolebull813

Some games have been confirmed. Here are the match ups. 

Barron Collier vs Regis Jesuit,CO

Dixie Hollins vs Monarch,CO

Spanish River vs Dakota Ridge,CO

Orange City University vs Columbine,CO

Other teams that are traveling that have not been paired up are Fairview,CO, Ralston Valley,CO and Lakewood,CA

Hearing Oak Ridge may play Lakewood. Will update as the info comes

1 hour ago, nolebull813 said:

I will see if I can get a confirmation of this. Unless Lakewood is a pretty bad California team, Oak Ridge will probably be in trouble. They have athletes, but are young and the current HBC is just starting his second year. Prior coach took a lot of their talent to Jones. 

11 minutes ago, DarterBlue2 said:

I will see if I can get a confirmation of this. Unless Lakewood is a pretty bad California team, Oak Ridge will probably be in trouble. They have athletes, but are young and the current HBC is just starting his second year. Prior coach took a lot of their talent to Jones. 

The Lakewood team is not very good. Perfect team for O Ridge. 

I have been in extensive talks with coach Johnson and he is the one who let me know about the possibility of playing Lakewood. 

Its the other 2 teams that might be too much for them so Lakewood is perfect 

3 hours ago, nolebull813 said:

I have been in extensive talks with coach Johnson and he is the one who let me know about the possibility of playing Lakewood. 

Okay. So it's still in the works but not finalized, yet? If Lakewood is pretty average, then I agree, this would be a good game for Oak Ridge.

From what I saw of Oak Ridge at the Apopka game last year, they have real good athletes. Not sure how many graduated, but if they bring back the core of that team, then Coach Clint Johnson will have a decent team this year. It would not hurt if a couple of the basketball and soccer guys decided to play football this upcoming season, too. Oak Ridge has strong teams in both those sports. 

26 minutes ago, DarterBlue2 said:

Okay. So it's still in the works but not finalized, yet? If Lakewood is pretty average, then I agree, this would be a good game for Oak Ridge.

From what I saw of Oak Ridge at the Apopka game last year, they have real good athletes. Not sure how many graduated, but if they bring back the core of that team, then Coach Clint Johnson will have a decent team this year. It would not hurt if a couple of the basketball and soccer guys decided to play football this upcoming season, too. Oak Ridge has strong teams in both those sports. 

Yes they haven't signed any contracts. It was down to Lakewood and Fairview. When I looked at both teams and Oak Ridge I told coach Johnson that Lakewood would be the better choice in my opinion. 

Its week 1 and O Ridge will be young. It's better to break in the new guys and get their feet under them against a team that they will be favored against. 

That and I don't want the Florida team knowingly to be the underdog in an oos game. Lol. 

On 1/30/2018 at 12:54 PM, nolebull813 said:

Some games have been confirmed. Here are the match ups. 

Barron Collier vs Regis Jesuit,CO

Dixie Hollins vs Monarch,CO

Spanish River vs Dakota Ridge,CO

Orange City University vs Columbine,CO

Other teams that are traveling that have not been paired up are Fairview,CO, Ralston Valley,CO and Lakewood,CA

OMG HOW THE F DID DIXIE HOLLINS GET IN THIS!  They are going to get beat like 70-0.  In the last 5 years they have 8 wins... never more than 2 a season... Wow. 

1 hour ago, peezy28 said:

OMG HOW THE F DID DIXIE HOLLINS GET IN THIS!  They are going to get beat like 70-0.  In the last 5 years they have 8 wins... never more than 2 a season... Wow. 

The traveling teams  intentionally look for inferior opponents.  They are spending a lot of money to come so they want to be able to go home and brag they beat some Florida team.

Perfect example is  The team from California said Oak Ridge too good to play.  So now Oakridge is being paired up with the defending state champion Pomona High. 

It's pathetic.  Four out of the five games already the Florida team is the underdog.  Lashed year 9 out of the 11 games the Florida team was the underdog

26 minutes ago, nolebull813 said:

The traveling teams  intentionally look for inferior opponents.  They are spending a lot of money to come so they want to be able to go home and brag they beat some Florida team.

Perfect example is  The team from California said Oak Ridge too good to play.  So now Oakridge is being paired up with the defending state champion Pomona High. 

It's pathetic.  Four out of the five games already the Florida team is the underdog.  Lashed year 9 out of the 11 games the Florida team was the underdog

All of these places mentioned above are suburbs of LA or Denver, some fairly affluent.  I am picturing a bunch of spoiled, well-off white kids getting off the bus with their expensive gadgets.

What are they trying to accomplish?  If the priority is "fun," forget football and let 'em go to Disney.  If it is to get the experience of playing "far away," there are plenty of decent teams in Arizona and Utah, within a day's drive, and travel would be a LOT cheaper.

If these parents have money to burn, there are people freezing to death in the streets of Denver.  I'd be more supportive if these were inner city kids from LA going on a once-in-a-lifetime journey.  

7 minutes ago, OldSchoolLion said:

All of these places mentioned above are suburbs of LA or Denver, some fairly affluent.  I am picturing a bunch of spoiled, well-off white kids getting off the bus with their expensive gadgets.

What are they trying to accomplish?  If the priority is "fun," forget football and let 'em go to Disney.  If it is to get the experience of playing "far away," there are plenty of decent teams in Arizona and Utah, within a day's drive, and travel would be a LOT cheaper.

If these parents have money to burn, there are people freezing to death in the streets of Denver.  I'd be more supportive if these were inner city kids from LA going on a once-in-a-lifetime journey.  

They wanting to brag about beating a Florida team 

Yet none of those oos teams would beat any of FL top 10

2 hours ago, nolebull813 said:

Thanks for the INFO... had no idea that was the case... I mean they really scrape the bottom of the barrel with some of these teams... Dixie Geesh... They will spin it that they played some super fast Florida school. 

These teams actively seek out teams they are heavy favorites against. Now sometimes it doesn't turn out as planned. One Colorado team scheudled Monarch coming off a terrible season and Monarch beat them and went 10-0. 

Some coaches actually try and schedule a tough opponent. Chatfield,CO gets props for playing Braden River. 

But 9 out of 10 try and find the worst team they can find so they can go back to Colorado and say they beat some "Florida" team. When in reality if they played any top teams from FL they would lose by 40

4 minutes ago, nolebull813 said:

These teams actively seek out teams they are heavy favorites against. Now sometimes it doesn't turn out as planned. One Colorado team scheudled Monarch coming off a terrible season and Monarch beat them and went 10-0. 

Some coaches actually try and schedule a tough opponent. Chatfield,CO gets props for playing Braden River. 

But 9 out of 10 try and find the worst team they can find so they can go back to Colorado and say they beat some "Florida" team. When in reality if they played any top teams from FL they would lose by 40

Who decides who from FL participate in the game 

24 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Who decides who from FL participate in the game 

The way it works is the Florida teams submit applications wanting to play. They put all the weeks they have open to play. Then they traveling teams get all the applications for the weeks they are coming and go through them. 

So they can already know right from jump who is bad and who is good. They then start contacting the worst teams until one coach says yes. 

Last year some trash Indy team called Ransom Everglades from Miami agreed to play some 8A Illinois school and they got beat 42-0. Why the hell is an 8A Illinois school wanting to play freaking Ransom Everglades in the first place? 

Another Colorado team one time was talking to Ocala Trinity Catholic, and told them no thanks and they ended up playing Christ Church Academy from Jacksonville. 

Its a joke. All these out of state teams need is one bone head coach who doesn't care about an ass whooping say yes, and then they can come beat a Florida team to brag to their buddies back home 

its pathetic 

Just now, DarterBlue2 said:

That's crazy. I am sorry Coach Jackson took this game. 

It's Disney man! They tell you there are all these teams to choose from and then the garbage teams say they won't play you so the only opponents to choose from are much better teams. Pomona refused to play Columbus

Apopka needs a week 2 game and there are 3 teams needing week 2 games and they all refuse to play them. 

On 2/10/2018 at 1:28 PM, TitanUp said:

Underdog or not, I can tell you we are not going to let Columbine roll us. They will know we came to play, nothing will be given. So I hope they think it's gonna be a cake walk cause they will be in for a rude awakening!!

You should fare well. Return 7 on D and 6 on O. Hopefully you can get some stud transfers. 

We'll see 

I hope FL pulls a sweep, I live in SW CO now and the local team Montrose were state runner ups in there class a few years ago and most decent FL teams would of beat them easily throughout the season. It seems a lot of these CO teams beat each other up and walk with swagger but I’ve seen a lot of really bad coaching and lots of luck with no real test. Not much community support for the teams either, some schools yes but mostly not. Let them come and play and get an experience, not familiar with the FL teams but if they got decent coaching then we have a chance to sweep.

2 minutes ago, Trelle said:

I hope FL pulls a sweep, I live in SW CO now and the local team Montrose were state runner ups in there class a few years ago and most decent FL teams would of beat them easily throughout the season. It seems a lot of these CO teams beat each other up and walk with swagger but I’ve seen a lot of really bad coaching and lots of luck with no real test. Not much community support for the teams either, some schools yes but mostly not. Let them come and play and get an experience, not familiar with the FL teams but if they got decent coaching then we have a chance to sweep.

Trelle, you sure get around! You must have lived in half the fifty states by now. 

Regarding the Florida teams, they are not among our best. From where I am at, a sweep by Florida would be very unlikely.

55 minutes ago, Trelle said:

You know Vero will be playing Venice for the first time since 02 when they knocked them out of the playoffs should be an interesting one

8 hours ago, DarterBlue2 said:

Trelle, you sure get around! You must have lived in half the fifty states by now. 

Regarding the Florida teams, they are not among our best. From where I am at, a sweep by Florida would be very unlikely.

Yea as I said not familiar with those teams.

Yea I moved around a bit and work globally the last 4 years I been based out of Prudhoe Bay, AK/ N America offshore working in the oil fields (for Schlumberger) so I get around a lot but FL is still my home at heart! Kicking around the idea of moving to Huntsville though at least they got decent football there.