2018 Dark Horses and Teams to watch 5a-8a South region

Soooo usually before the start of football season in Florida we know who the powerhouses are or the teams that’s contending for state or teams that could possibly make a run based on talent or transfers. 

But I would like to do something different on this thread I would only like to focus on the dark horse teams and the teams who may NOT have not done anything lately but still they shouldn’t be slept on I want to focus on those teams. This should be interesting so hope everyone participates.

STATE your teams below and why and let’s DISCUSS 

5 minutes ago, "PANTHER NATiON" (WE HERE) said:

Soooo usually before the start of football season in Florida we know who the powerhouses are or the teams that’s contending for state or teams that could possibly make a run based on talent or transfers. 

But I would like to do something different on this thread I would only like to focus on the dark horse teams and the teams who may NOT have not done anything lately but still they shouldn’t be slept on I want to focus on those teams. This should be interesting so hope everyone participates.

STATE your teams below and why and let’s DISCUSS 

I'll try pulling up the list i did 2 or 3  weeks ago on the national board 

23 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

It not necessarily south but i do have a 8a dark horse 

8a

Sanford Seminole [ heard good things about this 2018 Sanford team dating back to last season, if you want a dark horse in 8a look no further than them]

That’s wassup what are some South teams you think we should maybe look out for it can be teams with no recognition right now what so ever teams that may just shock the state this year.

Just now, "PANTHER NATiON" (WE HERE) said:

That’s wassup what are some South teams you think we should maybe look out for it can be teams with no recognition right now what so ever teams that may just shock the state this year.

I've heard good things about dwyer but I am not sold on them yet and generally they play a weak schedule which makes it hard to truly buy into them as a deep threat

I'll keep my eye out for more teams but I haven't heard anything big yet from other teams,  this stuff will start becoming clearer around July 

47 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

It not necessarily south but i do have a 8a dark horse 

8a

Sanford Seminole [ heard good things about this 2018 Sanford team dating back to last season, if you want a dark horse in 8a look no further than them]

my dark horses/teams to look out for would be 

5a creek Stranahan miami JACKSON 

8a South Broward north miami north Miami Beach coral gables 

6a Jensen beach Boyd Anderson Boynton beach Dillard 

7a Dwyer west broward 

How about Norland?  I like them because they have had the same head coach for a long time and they have tradition, ie multiple state titles.  They took out Northwestern last year and have played some tough games against the best over the past years, even though their record is not terribly impressive.  Don't know any details about them..just wondering if one year they will break out.  Not easy to do in that district. 

1 minute ago, OldSchoolLion said:

How about Norland?  I like them because they have had the same head coach for a long time and they have tradition, ie multiple state titles.  They took out Northwestern last year and have played some tough games against the best over the past years, even though their record is not terribly impressive.  Don't know any details about them..just wondering if one year they will break out.  Not easy to do in that district. 

From what i heard they lose a bit this year but they probably will break out eventually 

In Central Florida 

I wouldn't really call Seminole a dark horse.  Two years ago they made the state semi's and last year they lost in the second round with a freshman QB.  I will go Deland as my dark horse.  Not sure what you think of Edgewater but they could take that next step this year.

6 minutes ago, badbird said:

In Central Florida 

I wouldn't really call Seminole a dark horse.  Two years ago they made the state semi's and last year they lost in the second round with a freshman QB.  I will go Deland as my dark horse.  Not sure what you think of Edgewater but they could take that next step this year.

Deland is very underrated and i could see them surprising a few people 

I guess edgewater may compete in a weaker 7a region 1 but idk 

How the roster shaping up for edgewater atm? 

5 hours ago, OldSchoolLion said:

Miami Norland is not a dark horse they are considered apart of the big 4 in 6a—16 and they also went 15-0 in 2015 

3 minutes ago, "PANTHER NATiON" (WE HERE) said:

Miami Norland is not a dark horse they are considered apart of the big 4 in 6a—16 and they also went 15-0 in 2015 

I think you mean 2011 vs 2015.  Since they moved up to 6A in 2013 it has been tough sledding.  3 of the past 5 seasons they have had a losing record.  So, I guess I consider them a darkhorse relative to their competition in 6A. 

In 5A, I think Jackson will make some moves. Talent is usually there, and now they added one of the best young RBs in all of South Florida.

7A, South Broward. Talented skill players, experienced QB. District is up for grabs.

8A, Piper. I don't see them being as bad as they were last year. Despite losing their QB to Deerfield Beach, they got a kid coming in who should be good as well.

13 hours ago, DB4 said:

In 5A, I think Jackson will make some moves. Talent is usually there, and now they added one of the best young RBs in all of South Florida.

7A, South Broward. Talented skill players, experienced QB. District is up for grabs.

8A, Piper. I don't see them being as bad as they were last year. Despite losing their QB to Deerfield Beach, they got a kid coming in who should be good as well.

Cool when will the schedules for all teams be released ?