This the Year for Deerfield

Mashburns

I seen this team play against a down glades central team but you can tell these guys are pretty good should be the favored coming out of 8a this year. Is this the year that DF get over the quiet hump that people put on them with always having a lot of talent and get bounce round 1 or 2. Deerfield and Vero are very similar in programs seem like both stay loaded in talent and great regular seasons and get put out in either the first or second round. It seem right now that DF has the target on them because of the transfers they received over 3 months but after watching that team last Saturday if they can put it together by mid-season they might make a decent run to orlando  

1 hour ago, Mashburns said:

I seen this team play against a down glades central team but you can tell these guys are pretty good should be the favored coming out of 8a this year. Is this the year that DF get over the quiet hump that people put on them with always having a lot of talent and get bounce round 1 or 2. Deerfield and Vero are very similar in programs seem like both stay loaded in talent and great regular seasons and get put out in either the first or second round. It seem right now that DF has the target on them because of the transfers they received over 3 months but after watching that team last Saturday if they can put it together by mid-season they might make a decent run to orlando  

I keep hearing it every year but I'm not buying it until i see something showing otherwise 

Deerfield is regularly one of the most talented teams in the state but never live up to the hype that surrounds them

3 hours ago, Mashburns said:

I've always said that Deerfield is South Florida version of Vero 

41 minutes ago, FloTech said:

..and Columbia is the Vero and DB of the North. :P 

Over the past 5 years...

-All three teams have 5 playoff wins

-All three teams have made it to the third round only once

-Columbia and Vero have allowed an average of 28 or more points in their playoff games (Col 30,

VB 28, and DB 18)

-Columbia and DB have lost at least one playoff game by 35 points (DB once, Columbia twice)

And over the past 50 years...

-All three teams have appeared in one state final

-All three teams have approximately 35 playoff wins (Col 33, DB 35, VB 37)

16 minutes ago, OldSchoolLion said:

Over the past 5 years...

-Columbia and Vero have allowed an average of 28 or more points in their playoff games (Col 30,

VB 28, and DB 18)

-Columbia and DB have lost at least one playoff game by 35 points (DB once, Columbia twice)

In the past 6 years we have 2 regional finals appearances and a trip to final 4, Vero Beach hasn't been to final 4 in over a decade

Deerfield Beach does have a final 4 run in 2016 but unlike us has never won a championship 

Also major difference between Columbia and Vero Beach 

We don't schedule easy games to pad our win total 

In fact overall we generally go into playoffs with multiple losses but key part, against playoff teams 

2011, 3 losses in regular season, 1 to a GA team,  other 2 were to district champs

2012 and 2013, 1 loss each year, both to district champs

2014, 2 losses in regular season  both to playoff teams

2016, 3 losses in regular season, 1 to a state champion, 2 to District champs 

2017, 3 losses in regular season, 1 to a state champ, 2 to other playoff teams 

While we have struggled with making deep runs i assure you there are more differences between these 2 schools and Columbia then similarities 

33 minutes ago, OldSchoolLion said:

Over the past 5 years...

VB 28, and DB 18)

And actually only the playoff loss to Lee exceeded 35 point difference 

Viera we gave up 35+ but we didn't lose by 35+

2 hours ago, FloTech said:

Deerfield is not even a power House bro they are more above avg or avg then anything. since 2004 

they have been knocked out in the first round 5 times. 

They have ZERO championships.

out of those 5 first round exits 4 was at home. 

They have missed the play offs I believe 3 to 4 times with under .500 records. 

They made it to states or state semis I believe twice since 04 and the rest was 2nd and 3rd round exits. 

I’m sorry but I believe until a team had at least one state championship to their resume they shouldn’t be addressed as elite no matter how many transfers or regular season wins they achieve.

1 minute ago, "PANTHER NATiON" (WE HERE) said:

Deerfield is not even a power House bro they are more above avg or avg then anything. since 2004 

They made it to states or state semis I believe twice since 04 and the rest was 2nd and 3rd round exits. 

I’m sorry but I believe until a team had at least one state championship to their resume they shouldn’t be addressed as elite no matter how many transfers or regular season wins they achieve.

Deerfield needs to hire ColumbiaFan.  Am sure he could find some positive statistics.:D

33 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

In the past 6 years we have 2 regional finals appearances and a trip to final 4, Vero Beach hasn't been to final 4 in over a decade

Deerfield Beach does have a final 4 run in 2016 but unlike us has never won a championship 

In fact overall we generally go into playoffs with multiple losses but key part, against playoff teams 

2011, 3 losses in regular season, 1 to a GA team,  other 2 were to district champs

While we have struggled with making deep runs i assure you there are more differences between these 2 schools and Columbia then similarities 

:P

Image result for optimism meme

1 hour ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Beat an OOS team on the road last year did y'all do that beat Pahokee last year did y'all do that beat Viera last year did y'all do that beat Lincoln last year did y'all do that(yall made them look reeaaalllll good on our schedule last year)

48 minutes ago, "PANTHER NATiON" (WE HERE) said:

Deerfield have beaten some good teams over the years too....

15 minutes ago, FloTech said:

Beat an OOS team on the road last year did y'all do that beat Pahokee last year did y'all do that beat Viera last year did y'all do that beat Lincoln last year did y'all do that(yall made them look reeaaalllll good on our schedule last year)

You all played viera when?  I don't remember a regular season game happening 

Much less a playoff game

Congrats you all managed to beat Lincoln in a year we fell in a upset

Wake me when you travel to Tallahassee in the playoffs and get 2 wins in a season over them including beating them by 37 points on the road in the playoffs like we did a few years back 

But hey remind me when you all win a road playoff game like we did in 4 of the last 7 seasons :P

4 minutes ago, badbird said:

KOC.  remember you count those  :D

No what I said was that our kickoff classic result with Apopka would have been the same had it counted or not because both teams played starters the entire game 

I never said that beating a team in the 4th round of the playoffs was the same as beating them in a KOC 

28 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

You all played viera when?  I don't remember a regular season game happening 

Much less a playoff game

Congrats you all managed to beat Lincoln in a year we fell in a upset

Wake me when you travel to Tallahassee in the playoffs and get 2 wins in a season over them including beating them by 37 points on the road in the playoffs like we did a few years back 

But hey remind me when you all win a road playoff game like we did in 4 of the last 7 seasons :P

Dam you the one that said that preseason games count lol df and y'all went to like triple overtime again Lincoln lol the game was over for us in the first half loool

22 minutes ago, badbird said:

major similarity is none of them have lived up to their expectations.  I think that's the point.  

Deerfield, Vero and Columbia are the kings of disappointment from a historical perspective.  Nobody else can compare to these three.  In the past 50 years these three...each with 30+ playoff wins, have made the playoffs 25 or more years.  Lord know how many times they have been ranked in the state polls or even favorites to win it all, only to disappoint.  

Just now, FloTech said:

Dam you the one that said that preseason games count lol df and y'all went to like triple overtime again Lincoln lol the game was over for us in the first half loool

No we didn't, the game never even touched OT this past year 

The year before we went to single OT and won 

And what i said was our preseason game result wouldn't have been different had it counted,  people here were trying to insulate we would have lost by 60 to Apopka had it been regular season game but we played starters the entire game so I don't see how people can claim the result would have changed 

I also took offense to people acting like south Florida teams like AHP and BTW took their games serious but then acting like we were just playing backyard ball with apopka