Coach Pay

gatorman-uf

Proseteye,

The state legislature's wet dream is the destruction of public schools and the creation of a 100% voucher system (same thing they want to do with Medicare on national level). Many of us have been calling this out since the early years of JEB!. 

And yes the new "hope scholarships" are designed to funnel money to private schools, i could care less on the impact on sports, but dont tell me this state legislature understansa, cares about public with their massive hard on for private schools and many of their corporate maaters.

2 hours ago, Proseteye said:

Where in the world are you coming up with the idea that the state of Florida gives money to private schools and to IMG? Private schools support themselves through tuition.  Do you realize how much it would cost the communities in taxes to support the public schools if there were no private schools and all the private students went to public school? It costs on average $10, 615 per year for each public school student. Just imagine if all the private students jammed up the public schools and what it would cost. By the way, the state did give IMG funds but only after the IMG corporation brought in $1.5 billion to the state in investment. Please stop bashing private schools when you don't have all the facts and figures. The poor performances by many public schools on the football field has little to no bearing on what the private schools do or don't do. It has more bearing on players and coaches bouncing around from one team to another year in and year out. Unless you are building a one shot all star team then importing talent, just to work on attaining a championship, doesn't make for continuity and stability. And, IMO, the reason that Florida football coaches do not get paid as much as they probably should be is because Florida cost of living is pretty low compared to most other states. It's a simple fact of supply and demand under our capitalistic economic system. The state does not pay teachers or coaches salaries. The community pays those salaries out of local property taxes. Property taxes are very low in comparison with other states and thus only so much money is there for salaries.

You really believe IMG brought 1.5 billion  in investment?  Fussy Math

http://www.politifact.com/florida/article/2015/jun/19/img-academy-projects-big-economic-numbers-expansio/

5 hours ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Yeah

I love watching us beat them like a drum, if i could have us beat them every single sport in the playoffs and ensure Gainesville high school never wins a state championship again it would be almost as fulfilling as winning a state championship ourselves to me

...my curiosity got the best of me...records vs Gainesville this past season.  And here I was under the impression you owned them in most sports based upon the things you have said.:rolleyes:  Now I think you owe all of the nice folks from Gainesville some praise for their sports programs.:)  Seriously, though, they have some good teams, as does Columbia.

Football 1-0

Volleyball 0-2

Basketball/Boys 0-3

Basketball/Girls 1-2 

Soccer/Boys 0-2

Soccer/Girls 2-1

Baseball 1-1

Softball 1-1

Track/Boys Gainesville scored higher at state meet

Track/Girls Gainesville scored higher at state meet

Wrestling Columbia scored higher at state meet

Swimming&Diving/Boys Gainesville scored higher at state meet

Nice folks?  LMAO 

They are some of the most you know what I'll stop before i go too far

And for the record in the games I've been at against Gainesville since i started getting involved in sports

Football 4-0

Basketball 0-2

Baseball 4-3

Softball 4-3

So my overall record 

12-8

:P

6 minutes ago, badbird said:

6-12 vs Gainesville.  no wonder he hates them.  Looks like this is a one sided rival for Gainesville.:D

Yeah

It was one sided when they had a 6-0 lead in the playoffs and still choked it away

I expected more from a Gainesville team who were "defending state champions"

Looked more like CPR dummies who weren't saved from choking :D

3 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Nice folks?  LMAO 

They are some of the most you know what I'll stop before i go too far

And for the record in the games I've been at against Gainesville since i started getting involved in sports

Football 4-0

Basketball 0-2

Baseball 4-3

Softball 4-3

So my overall record 

12-8

:P

so games you don't go to don't count?  I guess you didn't lose to Lincoln last year either.

1 minute ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Yeah

It was one sided when they had a 6-0 lead in the playoffs and still choked it away

I expected more from a Gainesville team who were "defending state champions"

Looked more like CPR dummies who weren't saved from choking :D

if anyone knows what choking is like it is Columbia

Just now, badbird said:

so games you don't go to don't count?  I guess you didn't lose to Lincoln last year either.

Actually i went to the Lincoln game last year

Just like I was at softball playoff game against bartram trail and baseball playoff game against Creekside 

And my point was that my record against Gainesville is not too shabby lol

1 hour ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Actually i went to the Lincoln game last year

Just like I was at softball playoff game against bartram trail and baseball playoff game against Creekside 

And my point was that my record against Gainesville is not too shabby lol

I didn't know you played in any games.  Girl's softball? :D

3 minutes ago, badbird said:

I didn't know you played in any games.  Girl's softball? :D

Hush it bad birdy

Considering that there is no college or pro team in Lake City my connections are just to supporting Columbia 

Besides the sports consider me a part of team even though i don't play, in fact the coaches at columbia know who i am, which is why certain posts over past few years have gotten me grief from them

But since i not a school employee or a coach they really can't say much about me posting on here :D

8 hours ago, Hwy17 said:

You really believe IMG brought 1.5 billion  in investment?  Fussy Math

http://www.politifact.com/florida/article/2015/jun/19/img-academy-projects-big-economic-numbers-expansio/

I was off by a little.

"IMG became the exception, lawmakers said, because it has become an international sports juggernaut that is attracting 12,000 athletes a year to train in the region. And that in turn is pulling in tourist and growing Florida's fledgling sports tourism industry".

"This is bringing in more than a half a billion dollars in economic benefit to the region," state Rep. Jim Boyd, R-Bradenton, said. "Sure it's a big corporation, but it creates value for our community."

"Already, IMG officials say they have generated an excess of nearly $5.8 million in extra sales taxes since the state started giving them support".

8 hours ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Sounds to me like img has a bunch of ass kissers on the hill if you know what i mean 

If you know anything about economics communities encourage businesses to locate to their area in order to bring jobs and tax revenue to that community. IMG convinced the powers to be that their company would generate many times the revenue to the state in exchange for the support from the state. IMG Corporation is a multi billion dollar company that has plans for expansion throughout the state and which will benefit Florida many times over. I think it was a smart move.

12 hours ago, Proseteye said:

I was off by a little.

"IMG became the exception, lawmakers said, because it has become an international sports juggernaut that is attracting 12,000 athletes a year to train in the region. And that in turn is pulling in tourist and growing Florida's fledgling sports tourism industry".

"This is bringing in more than a half a billion dollars in economic benefit to the region," state Rep. Jim Boyd, R-Bradenton, said. "Sure it's a big corporation, but it creates value for our community."

"Already, IMG officials say they have generated an excess of nearly $5.8 million in extra sales taxes since the state started giving them support".

Special interest groups always make these kind of promises that rarely if ever materialize.  Yes they do bring some economic gain, but in order to get a big payout, they make a big promise.  

1 hour ago, Hwy17 said:

Special interest groups always make these kind of promises that rarely if ever materialize.  Yes they do bring some economic gain, but in order to get a big payout, they make a big promise.  

I share this simply to show the sorts of "promises" that are going on around the country by state governments..in essence, using taxpayer money...to support what you are saying.

http://www.richmond.com/news/virginia/government-politics/general-assembly/chinese-paper-company-tranlin-misses-deadline-to-pay-back-m/article_9577dc70-30be-5d27-a6c3-af0757f2c56d.html

8 hours ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Not a huge surprise 

Corporations make a living off of lying to maximize their own profit

How old are you? Ever worked for a company much less a corporation? I thought not. Someday, if you get enough education, you may be working for one of these "lying" corporations and possibly making a good living. Most of these corporations built the things that make this country great. They collectively employee millions of people and provide the states and communities with huge tax revenues. Just remember without these corporations you wouldn't be living anywhere near as well as I assume you do. Capitalism and Free Enterprise was the economic engine that made this country what it is today. Please remember that.

10 hours ago, Proseteye said:

How old are you? Ever worked for a company much less a corporation? I thought not. Someday, if you get enough education, you may be working for one of these "lying" corporations and possibly making a good living. Most of these corporations built the things that make this country great. They collectively employee millions of people and provide the states and communities with huge tax revenues. Just remember without these corporations you wouldn't be living anywhere near as well as I assume you do. Capitalism and Free Enterprise was the economic engine that made this country what it is today. Please remember that.

I don't have to be old to know that wherever a ton of money goes, corruption and greed follows