Southwest Florida - the board's dead area

Hwy17

8 hours ago, Hwy17 said:

I hear Immokalee is loaded again.  For the rest of the area, who has what?  Charlotte? Fort Myers? Island Coast? Clewiston? Dunbar? Naples? South Fort Myers?  We have no fan representation on this board from down there for some reason

You got to pull Silver King, Wave and Neutral over from the dead board. Then there would be some representation.

I hate that guy,  he is the biggest hypocrite I've ever seen post on any forum

And he has the nerve to tell me i don't know nothing,  i could dance circles around his empty arguments, he just too much of a narcist to acknowledge that anyone besides him is right

He can run his mouth about me being a fanboy but yet anytime someone says something about sta he turns into the same thing he attacks people for doing 

11 hours ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

They will probably hold out until door closes shut before finding new shelter

Between 1991-2002, St Thomas Aquinas knocked 14 southwest Florida teams out of the playoffs.  That included 6 victories over Fort Myers alone.  Knowing your deep-seated dislike for STA:) and the rivalry that exists between STA and the southwest FL schools, I think you should adopt them and defend their honor until we can find somebody to do so.  Those SW schools do not have many state titles, but you are a master of making teams without state titles look good:rolleyes:  

15 minutes ago, OldSchoolLion said:

Between 1991-2002, St Thomas Aquinas knocked 14 southwest Florida teams out of the playoffs.  That included 6 victories over Fort Myers alone.  Knowing your deep-seated dislike for STA:) and the rivalry that exists between STA and the southwest FL schools, I think you should adopt them and defend their honor until we can find somebody to do so.  Those SW schools do not have many state titles, but you are a master of making teams without state titles look good:rolleyes:  

Yeah a team i actually see play in person lol

I've never seen any of these teams in that southwest corner of state play

1 hour ago, OldSchoolLion said:

Yeah, I remember that use to be the fate for coach Sam.  Poor guy.  Great coach but couldn't get by STA.  Charlotte got by STA in either 02 or 03 only to lose the next week.  

The only SWF teams I know of to win a state title are Naples, Immokalee (later forfeited) and Clewiston (share title).

Both Estero and LaBelle have been to the finals.  

No team from Charlotte county has gotten to the finals.

12 minutes ago, Hwy17 said:

Yeah, I remember that use to be the fate for coach Sam.  Poor guy.  Great coach but couldn't get by STA.  Charlotte got by STA in either 02 or 03 only to lose the next week.  

The only SWF teams I know of to win a state title are Naples, Immokalee (later forfeited) and Clewiston (share title).

Both Estero and LaBelle have been to the finals.  

No team from Charlotte county has gotten to the finals.

The combined scores of those STA vs FM games was an amazing 172-37.  Talk about head games for Fort Myers.  

STA was vulnerable in the 80's.  Something changed drastically in the 90's.  

Actually Canes never really bothered me. I took him with a grain of salt. Yes, he is abrasive and needs to brush up on his acceptable behavior while in public. That said, he does have a lot of knowledge about Florida HS football and about his team STA. I looked past some of his asinine and sometimes biting remarks and took from him what I thought was beneficial. The times that he bashed my team, although being in 4 championship games, I did take the criticism as he was actually correct in some of his assessment. He could have critiqued somewhat better. But, I'll accept criticism if I feel it's justified. I didn't leave the other infamous board because of Canes. I left it because of a few others there who were much more callous than I think Senor Canes could ever be.

3 minutes ago, Proseteye said:

Actually Canes never really bothered me. I took him with a grain of salt. Yes, he is abrasive and needs to brush up on his acceptable behavior while in public. That said, he does have a lot of knowledge about Florida HS football and about his team STA. I looked past some of his asinine and sometimes biting remarks and took from him what I thought was beneficial. The times that he bashed my team, although being in 4 championship games, I did take the criticism as he was actually correct in some of his assessment. He could have critiqued somewhat better. But, I'll accept criticism if I feel it's justified. I didn't leave the other infamous board because of Canes. I left it because of a few others there who were much more callous than I think Senor Canes could ever be.

He must have gotten lazy in past 2-3 years I've had to listen to him because in my experiences with him he just gives broad statements that don't even come close to proving anything other than his ability to generalize everything with no real detail and therefore prove his information is all second hand information 

10 hours ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

He must have gotten lazy in past 2-3 years I've had to listen to him because in my experiences with him he just gives broad statements that don't even come close to proving anything other than his ability to generalize everything with no real detail and therefore prove his information is all second hand information 

I'll have to disagree with you Columbia and leave it at that. ;)

Canes could tell you why a team lost or won, and be correct 99% of the time, but his anal iz'd way of telling you wasn't worth the debate. He didn't play by the rules at times on the boards so I assume he is the same way in life. It was easy to turn him on or off like a light switch. Just have to know when to flip the switch and turn out the lights.

Can't let people like him bother you. Just ignore them.

9 hours ago, Proseteye said:

I'll have to disagree with you Columbia and leave it at that. ;)

He was on prep gridiron claiming all his arguments are true because he said them and it made them facts

That is most laziest garbage I've ever seen,  he isn't getting info any different than i can yet he claimed his info was facts and mine was a desperate fanboy trying to be relevant 

That fool may know sta but he is a fraud by claiming all his info is true when all he does to get sta info is talk to coaches or George Smith for info

None of Canes recent intel he shares is first hand