Where you going week 2?

badbird

3 hours ago, badbird said:

I will be at Spec Martin Stadium to see if Deland is back.

Seminole vs Deland

Battle of the Bridge

I got Seminole 28-24

Deland has three superstars. All can take it to the house on any play. QB situation not ready for prime time, yet. OL/DL is pretty small, but they battle. 8A pounders might give them trouble.....just an "early" opinion. 

5 hours ago, badbird said:

I will be at Spec Martin Stadium to see if Deland is back.

Seminole vs Deland

Battle of the Bridge

I got Seminole 28-24

This is a coin flip. If one team wins big, I would be surprised.

I am making the trip to St. John's County to watch Apopka take on Bartram Trail. This is an interesting match-up. 

1 hour ago, DarterBlue2 said:

I am making the trip to St. John's County to watch Apopka take on Bartram Trail. This is an interesting match-up. 

Have you ever been there?  Bartram Trail has really nice field.  The turf (real grass) is amazing and kept up really well.  

3 minutes ago, badbird said:

Have you ever been there?  Bartram Trail has really nice field.  The turf (real grass) is amazing and kept up really well.  

I have not. The closest I have been is: St. Augustine and Fletcher. But I am not surprised, it is in an affluent suburb of the Jacksonville metro area. Sort of like a Lake Mary, perhaps? 

I figured I would make the trip because in years past, this is exactly the kind of team that would give Apopka's defense a lot of trouble. I want to see how the current secondary responds to an air assault. They have looked promising so far, but I see this as a real test of how far this Darter team can go this year. 

9 hours ago, DarterBlue2 said:

I have not. The closest I have been is: St. Augustine and Fletcher. But I am not surprised, it is in an affluent suburb of the Jacksonville metro area. Sort of like a Lake Mary, perhaps? 

I figured I would make the trip because in years past, this is exactly the kind of team that would give Apopka's defense a lot of trouble. I want to see how the current secondary responds to an air assault. They have looked promising so far, but I see this as a real test of how far this Darter team can go this year. 

about 12 years ago New England Patriots used the facility I think and upgraded the grass.  They have kept it up from what I've been told

14 hours ago, DarterBlue2 said:

Thinking Apopka by 17-24 in this game, last year this would have been a great game but BT down and Apopka is well Apopka. That single wing will frustrate BT 

17 hours ago, DarterBlue2 said:

I’ll be there tonight as well. Bartram is stronger than ever in the backfield and the new QB is solid but the defense won’t be able to do anything with Apopka. Give me Apopka by 17. 

5 hours ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

I went to Bartram Trail back in May 

Them getting those nice facilities is probably a combination of having some serious big money sponsors and having a very rich local community 

I didn't get to see Stadium up close but it looked to decent size 

I wouldn’t say very rich community. That’s Ponte Vedra. It’s an upper middle class community with a lot of support from the area. It helps that Creekside has been bad since they opened and Nease has been weak for about 10 years now. 

Nice facilites though. That turf field that the Pats put in is a practice field, not the game field.