Quantcast
Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
OldSchoolLion

Ranked Teams Whose D's Need to Tighten Up

Recommended Posts

Historically, most state title winners allow 17 points or less, on average, per game.  After this weekend's results, here is the ppg allowed for some teams that were ranked as of last week.  

8A Bartram Trail-18

8A Sarasota Riverview-22

7A Bloomingdale-18

7A Edgewater-16

7A Wekiva-20

6A Miami Central-21

6A Columbia-19

5A Vanguard-19

4A Cocoa-21

4A South Sumter-19

4A West Nassau-18

3A Trinity Catholic-17

3A Trinity Christian-30

3A Baldwin-19

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

These teams could be in trouble in the playoffs.  Below are the average points per game they have given up this season.  Teams that give up this many points don't win state titles.

8A Bartram Trail-19

8A Sarasota Riverview-21

6A Miami Central-20

6A Columbia-21

4A Cocoa-19

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

I agree

 

If Columbia wants to even make it out of first round much less win a title the defense has 6 days to figure out WTF is going on and correct it

 

I dont think theres much to correct. A cornerback was playing linebacker last night d-ends are playing d-tackle, if they dont get some players back on defense the offense is gonna have to play perfect to win.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Nolebeast12 said:

I dont think theres much to correct. A cornerback was playing linebacker last night d-ends are playing d-tackle, if they dont get some players back on defense the offense is gonna have to play perfect to win.

We have struggled against the run since the Colquitt game 

 

Even when we were healthy enough for it to be considered "neutral margin of error" we still struggled with stopping the run 

 

 

We aren't gonna be perfect but we can't have plays with 3-5 broken tackles or wiffs like we did last night and expect to shut a team offense down

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

We have struggled against the run since the Colquitt game 

 

Even when we were healthy enough for it to be considered "neutral margin of error" we still struggled with stopping the run 

 

 

We aren't gonna be perfect but we can't have plays with 3-5 broken tackles or wiffs like we did last night and expect to shut a team offense 

Colquitt is the best team they will see by far. The tigers where healthy for 1 game, the best dt got hurt in the first half against oakleaf. And they stuffed the run against trinity with him playing. Theres just no depth at dt.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, OldSchoolLion said:

These teams could be in trouble in the playoffs.  Below are the average points per game they have given up this season.  Teams that give up this many points don't win state titles.

8A Bartram Trail-19

8A Sarasota Riverview-21

6A Miami Central-20

6A Columbia-21

4A Cocoa-19

 

The 2012 Apopka team gave up around 19 per game. However, that team had a very prolific offense that compensated for the relatively high number of points given up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, gatorman-uf said:

Teams have realized that CHS has guys weighing a 110 pounds playing DT. so why not run the ball in the middle for 4 yards at a time. 

Ponds had ACL injury that ended his season back in Oakleaf game, Lumpkin been in and out of lineup

 

The twins have been either in trouble or injured for a lot of the season

 

Had 2 linebackers go down, one i think was in Madison game and another against Atlantic

 

Had a safety go down i believe against Gainesville and is done for year

 

 

Unfortunately while Columbia has talent they aren't the biggest of teams and are very undersized on defense right now

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, OldSchoolLion said:

These teams could be in trouble in the playoffs.  Below are the average points per game they have given up this season.  Teams that give up this many points don't win state titles.

8A Bartram Trail-19

8A Sarasota Riverview-21

6A Miami Central-20

6A Columbia-21

4A Cocoa-19

 

Out of those teams Cocoa has the easiest road to state. Their biggest test may be Bolles before the finals where the real test will be waiting for wherever makes it from 4A North.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  



×
×
  • Create New...