Quantcast

Florida HS Football Week 4 Pick em Games

American Heritage (Plantation) (1-0) at Clearwater (1-1)

Bloomingdale (1-0) at Tampa Bay Tech (1-1)

Chaminade-Madonna (1-1) at Bishop Verot (2-1)

Columbia (0-0) at Trinity Christian (Jacksonville) (0-1)

Dr. Phillips (1-0) at Apopka (1-0)

Lake Gibson (2-0) at Lakeland (0-0)

Madison County (3-0) at Florida High (1-0)

South Fort Myers (1-0) at Fort Myers (0-1)

St. Augustine (1-1) at Bartram Trail (2-0)

Vero Beach (1-0) at Centennial (0-0)

Weekly standings

KeemD

4-6

Hornetfan

7-3

VeniceIndian

5-5

Hwy17

4-6

Nolebull

7-3

Fishspinner

9-1

Muckboy

9-1

Sub-Zero

9-1

Columbiafan

6-4

EagleEye

9-1

Joshua

8-2

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• C'mon Perspective.  Ohio St had their second string line in.  Those guys must have weighed about 185 pounds on average.  Their qb would have been defenseless out there.
    • I appreciate it when guys are big enough to apologize for making a mistake.   Here's a paragraph taken from an ESPN article: Ohio State coach Ryan Day apologized to Nebraska for the Buckeyes offense not taking a knee in the final seconds of Saturday's 52-17 win at Ohio Stadium.  Leading 45-17 in the final minute, the Buckeyes reached the Nebraska 2-yard line. Rather than take a knee, freshman quarterback Jack Miller ran into the end zone.  "I feel bad about that," Day said. "I had a younger quarterback in the game, and I didn't feel like we had the personnel to take the knee, and I probably should have done that. So I just want to publicly apologize to them, to [Nebraska coach] Scott [Frost]." So, I don't want to take anything away from Ryan Day's apology.  And this isn't about whether Ohio State should or should not have tried to tack on another score at the end of a blow-out win.   The Ohio State coach already has answered that.   But I do have one question for the coaches out there:  What kind of personnel do you need to have in the game in order for the QB to take a step back and take a knee (or accept the snap in the shotgun formation and take a knee)?   Yeah, in a perfect world, you might want to have two RB's in the game, one on each side of the QB, to provide additional protection for the QB if some D-lineman, who's all pissed off because he's getting ready to lose the game, comes charging through.  But do you really need a particular 'personnel' in order to take a knee?   
    • FSU starting running back is Jalen Mitchell's former teammate at Rockledge Jashaun Corbin
    • That's why I put it on here. It'd be a big upset. 
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• Popular Contributors