The 7 Most Consistent HS Programs of the Modern Day

OldSchoolLion

Since 2004, I believe there are only 7 programs that have won at least 80% of the games they played during that period AND had a winning season every year(winning more games than they lost).  I may have missed one or two.  Let's see.

Who are the 7 programs?   By the way, I am counting forfeits, which might knock a couple high profile programs off the list.:)

6 minutes ago, DarterBlue2 said:

1. Armwood

2. St. Thomas Aquinas

3.  Mainland

4. Apopka (not sure if they meet the 80%)

5. Miami Northwestern

6. Trinity Christian Jax

7. Lakeland

If I am wrong on Apopka's winning percentage, then perhaps, Osceola - Kissimmee 

I just added to the original post that I am considering forfeits, so that might knock someone off your list.

50 minutes ago, DarterBlue2 said:

1. Armwood

2. St. Thomas Aquinas

3.  Mainland

4. Apopka (not sure if they meet the 80%)

5. Miami Northwestern

6. Trinity Christian Jax

7. Lakeland

If I am wrong on Apopka's winning percentage, then perhaps, Osceola - Kissimmee 

Didn't Miami Northwestern have a 4-6 season in the early 2010s (I could be wrong but I thought they did

STA, TCA, Lakeland are definitely there and I think Mainland is and you know Apopka so that's something I would trust you on 

1 hour ago, OldSchoolLion said:

I just added to the original post that I am considering forfeits, so that might knock someone off your list.

I know Armwood forfeited a state title against Miami Central in 2009 or so. That may knock them off the list if they forfeited multiple games that year due to ineligible players. Ironically, at least one of the players involved was a Dr. Phillips transfer who probably still resided in Orange County. 

2 minutes ago, DarterBlue2 said:

I know Armwood forfeited a state title against Miami Central in 2009 or so. That may knock them off the list if they forfeited multiple games that year due to ineligible players. Ironically, at least one of the players involved was a Dr. Phillips transfer who probably still resided in Orange County. 

It was 2011 but Armwood and Miami Central both forfeited the entire season of wins 

No, no one acknowledges the forfeited season. it was for a player whose parents forged their US citiezenship. He wasn't even out of zone. Inside source told me DP and Winter Park were the only schools in Orange that submitted that paperwork in 2010. 

By the way 3-5% of people in the US are not documented. If this rule was EQUALLY APPLIED almost every school would fail the FHSAA barometer annually, probably in other sports more-so than football. 

It's not ethical and I'm by no means an open borders kind of guy. 

Therefore DP went 14-1 in 2010. 

I will never acknowledge the 2010 FHSAA stat and others know it's a joke as well. 

DP self-reported it because they had the best athletic director in the southeast US. He caught the issue on a technicality. remember that. 

7 hours ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Didn't Miami Northwestern have a 4-6 season in the early 2010s (I could be wrong but I thought they did

STA, TCA, Lakeland are definitely there and I think Mainland is and you know Apopka so that's something I would trust you on 

2013-2015 were tough years for the Bulls.  As good as the West is, they have not been the most consistent of programs over the years.  So, they are not on the list.

IMG  (new program 2013)
Lakeland
St. Thomas Aquinas (Fort Lauderdale)
Armwood (Seffner)  
Madison County (Madison)
Bolles (Jacksonville)
Oxbridge - now defunct (2013-2017)
St. Augustine 
Miami Central
Naples
Cocoa
Plant (Tampa)
Dwyer (Palm Beach Gardens)
Washington (Miami)
American Heritage (Plantation)

List includes on-field performance only. 

47 minutes ago, LAZ said:
IMG  (new program 2013)
Lakeland
St. Thomas Aquinas (Fort Lauderdale)
Armwood (Seffner)  
Madison County (Madison)
Bolles (Jacksonville)
Oxbridge - now defunct (2013-2017)
St. Augustine 
Miami Central
Naples
Cocoa
Plant (Tampa)
Dwyer (Palm Beach Gardens)
Washington (Miami)
American Heritage (Plantation)

List includes on-field performance only. 

...some comments

IMG-I typically don't include IMG in these discussions

Oxbridge-I only considered active programs

Armwood and Central had forfeited seasons

Dwyer, Madison County, BTW, St Augustine and Plant have not had winning seasons every season during the specified time frame

Here they are.  Did any of the teams below surprise you?

Lakeland     197-23 (90%)

St Thomas     214-25 (90%)

Bolles     192-32 (86%)

Naples     171-32 (84%)

Cocoa     178-39 (82%)

American Heritage Plantation     166-40 (81%)

Columbus     164-41 (80%)

...and some teams with consistent winning seasons who fell short of 80% winning percentage.

Apopka      172-48 (78%)

Bishop Moore     153-47 (77%)

Niceville     152-46 (77%)

Wakulla     150-47 (76%)

3 hours ago, OldSchoolLion said:

Here they are.  Did any of the teams below surprise you?

Lakeland     197-23 (90%)

St Thomas     214-25 (90%)

Bolles     192-32 (86%)

Naples     171-32 (84%)

Cocoa     178-39 (82%)

American Heritage Plantation     166-40 (81%)

Columbus     164-41 (80%)

...and some teams with consistent winning seasons who fell short of 80% winning percentage.

Apopka      172-48 (78%)

Bishop Moore     153-47 (77%)

Niceville     152-46 (77%)

Wakulla     150-47 (76%)

Am I mistaken on Lakeland's forfeit situation? I suppose I never really followed up on the final outcome of the 2010-2011 situation.