Quantcast
Jump to content

Venice vs Cardinal Gibbons showdown thread!


Recommended Posts

Well, it’s finally here! A game I have been anticipating since it’s cancellation. Venice takes on the mighty Chiefs at Powell-Davis stadium at 12:30 pm on Saturday next week! So who do you all think wins? Will Venice take it, or finally suffer their first loss of the season? I’ve got the Indians taking down Gibbons in a tough game, 31-27.  Any Thoughts on this? Would love to hear some opinions! Go Indians!!  

Link to comment
Share on other sites


30 minutes ago, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

Well, it’s finally here! A game I have been anticipating since it’s cancellation. Venice takes on the mighty Chiefs at Powell-Davis stadium at 12:30 pm on Saturday next week! So who do you all think wins? Will Venice take it, or finally suffer their first loss of the season? I’ve got the Indians taking down Gibbons in a tough game, 31-27.  Any Thoughts on this? Would love to hear some opinions! Go Indians!!  

Gonna be a sell out game, gibbons travel very well ; But early game or not I know that the Indians fam base is gonna be out in full force.

game prediction, I actually see you guys taking it by 17 I’ll say VENICE 31 GIBBONS 14

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

Gonna be a sell out game, gibbons travel very well ; But early game or not I know that the Indians fam base is gonna be out in full force.

game prediction, I actually see you guys taking it by 17 I’ll say VENICE 31 GIBBONS 14

Thanks man and best of luck to your panthers this week, they have a big test ahead of them! I think you guys will JUUUUST sneak past Aquinas with a ONE point victory, 21-20! Go Panthers go! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

Well, it’s finally here! A game I have been anticipating since it’s cancellation. Venice takes on the mighty Chiefs at Powell-Davis stadium at 12:30 pm on Saturday next week! So who do you all think wins? Will Venice take it, or finally suffer their first loss of the season? I’ve got the Indians taking down Gibbons in a tough game, 31-27.  Any Thoughts on this? Would love to hear some opinions! Go Indians!!  

Is this game being televised nationally?   Why is it being played on a Saturday and why at 12:30 in the afternoon?  Just curious. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Perspective said:

Is this game being televised nationally?   Why is it being played on a Saturday and why at 12:30 in the afternoon?  Just curious. 

It’s a reschedule they were suppose to play earlier in the year, it won’t be televised nationally but you can catch it on NFHS or check on Facebook fans go live all the time. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Perspective said:

Is this game being televised nationally?   Why is it being played on a Saturday and why at 12:30 in the afternoon?  Just curious. 

These are good questions. When Venice originally scheduled Cardinal Gibbons it was supposed to be an away game (at Gibbons) in week 1 with IMG coming to play Venice the week prior in the preseason. But the IMG game fell through for some reason or another and Peacock scheduled Miami Northwestern as a replacement. The only reasonable explanation I could surmise is that Peacock didn’t want to make back-to-back trips to Miami and Fort Lauderdale, which is part of the reason why Venice only had 2 away games in the regular season this year instead of 3 or 4.  Matt Dubuc being the good man he is decided to make the trip to Venice instead of taking the game off the schedule. 

As far as the game being cancelled and rescheduled, some of Gibbons’ players Tested positive for COVID-19 a few days before the game was supposed to be played. It was rescheduled on Venice’s bye week but I myself don’t know why it’s being played on a Saturday afternoon instead of Friday night. I haven’t heard anything about it being televised; I can only speculate that Cardinal Gibbons may plan on getting a hotel up here for the long trip because it’s going to be such a physical game, possibly one that they feel they can’t afford to lose as well. I will look into ESPN and see if there is any news as to whether it will be televised or not but as of now I do not believe it is. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks for the insight.   I asked if the game would be televised because that was really the only explanation I could think of as to why they would be playing on a Saturday afternoon instead of a Friday night.  Saturdays are for college football games as far as I'm concerned. 

I did notice that Cardinal Gibbons played STA this past Saturday.  Assuming that game was played as scheduled (and didn't roll over from a Friday night game because of bad weather), the CG coaches may have wanted to get in a full week of practice. The Saturday games catch up with you at some point, but CG plays a more pedestrian Flanagan the following Friday night, so they probably figured it was better to play them on a shorter week than Venice (and they wouldn't be wrong). 

By the way, it looks like it's about a 3 hour drive from Fort Lauderdale to Venice, so they'll either bus over on Friday (and perhaps do a walk through Friday afternoon), stay at a motel, play Saturday and then bus back or those CG boys, coaches and fans will be getting an early start Saturday morning. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

These are good questions. When Venice originally scheduled Cardinal Gibbons it was supposed to be an away game (at Gibbons) in week 1 with IMG coming to play Venice the week prior in the preseason. But the IMG game fell through for some reason or another and Peacock scheduled Miami Northwestern as a replacement. The only reasonable explanation I could surmise is that Peacock didn’t want to make back-to-back trips to Miami and Fort Lauderdale, which is part of the reason why Venice only had 2 away games in the regular season this year instead of 3 or 4.  Matt Dubuc being the good man he is decided to make the trip to Venice instead of taking the game off the schedule. 

As far as the game being cancelled and rescheduled, some of Gibbons’ players Tested positive for COVID-19 a few days before the game was supposed to be played. It was rescheduled on Venice’s bye week but I myself don’t know why it’s being played on a Saturday afternoon instead of Friday night. I haven’t heard anything about it being televised; I can only speculate that Cardinal Gibbons may plan on getting a hotel up here for the long trip because it’s going to be such a physical game, possibly one that they feel they can’t afford to lose as well. I will look into ESPN and see if there is any news as to whether it will be televised or not but as of now I do not believe it is. 

Might b Gibbons requested it on Saturday because of their Saturday game vs STA? Leaving the usual 7 days between games, let alone playing Aquinas & Venice back to back. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Jullian said:

Might b Gibbons requested it on Saturday because of their Saturday game vs STA? Leaving the usual 7 days between games, let alone playing Aquinas & Venice back to back. 

Probably this ^

STA/CG game was at FAU so good chance that's why that was also a Saturday showdown. 

Also, kick was moved to 1:30 @VeniceIndiansFootball - don't want you showing up late!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, SportsNut25 said:

Probably this ^

STA/CG game was at FAU so good chance that's why that was also a Saturday showdown. 

Also, kick was moved to 1:30 @VeniceIndiansFootball - don't want you showing up late!

Thank you so much for letting me know. I will put on a mask and be there for sure. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share



×
×
  • Create New...