BROWARD (PUBLIC) VS DADE (PUBLIC) What's The DIFFERENCE???

Tall Help me what is the Difference Between Miami Dade public schools Vs Broward Public schools & How Come BROWARD lose Most of all there D1 talent to The Private schools???

but Dade on the Other Hand they Don't Have that Problem they may lose them to other public Schools but not private don't Most of course not all have the Same RESOURCES?? what makes BROWARD private schools Better Then DADE private??

& Last But not least Why is it that Dade Can Produce Some Solif coaching Staffs BOOKER T CENTRAL Colombia Gables ETC But other Then STA schools in Broward Just seem to Cannot keep coaches for more then 3 years & they ACTUALLY produce RESULTS.! why is that???

Can someone answer those 3 questions for me please.

Tall Help me what is the Difference Between Miami Dade public schools Vs Broward Public schools & How Come BROWARD lose Most of all there D1 talent to The Private schools???

but Dade on the Other Hand they Don't Have that Problem they may lose them to other public Schools but not private don't Most of course not all have the Same RESOURCES?? what makes BROWARD private schools Better Then DADE private??

& Last But not least Why is it that Dade Can Produce Some Solif coaching Staffs BOOKER T CENTRAL Colombia Gables ETC But other Then STA schools in Broward Just seem to Cannot keep coaches for more then 3 years & they ACTUALLY produce RESULTS.! why is that???

Can someone answer those 3 questions for me please.

I disagree agree with this. For starters give me four privates in Broward that had more D1 talent last yearthan Hallandale, Flanagan, Coconut Creek and Deerfield?

Coaching there are several good coaches in Broward but they get scooped up by colleges or resign.

STA is king of the privates and AHP are basically a toss up. The rest of the privates ( Chaminade, Mater, University etc... ) are a toss up for the most part.

There does happen to be more privates in Broward though.

I disagree agree with this. For starters give me four privates in Broward that had more D1 talent last yearthan Hallandale, Flanagan, Coconut Creek and Deerfield?

Coaching there are several good coaches in Broward but they get scooped up by colleges or resign.

I Had a Feeling Someone Was Going To Go there but UMMM Didn't Creek miss the Playoffs & was barely .500?? YESS didn't hallandale Get bounced out the playoffs ? Yes.! & FLANAGAN they were only That Good because of TRANSFERS.! & under the Table Recruits Did they Have a Great coach? yes not taking anything away from What he accomplish But what was FLANAGAN before He got there?? Or even the first year or 2 after he Got there? NOTHING don't get me Wrong @BROWARD I respect Your Opinion But the last time a PUBLIC school Won a Championship before this Year was MIRAMAR in 09.!!!! we were in 2015.!! 6 years.!!!! From the miramar Championship Season Which Means that PRIVATE schools Have been Running Broward ccounty which again brings up my question on WHY.?????

& why Does DADE schools seem to Find & keep more quality coaches ??

I Had a Feeling Someone Was Going To Go there but UMMM Didn't Creek miss the Playoffs & was barely .500?? YESS didn't hallandale Get bounced out the playoffs ? Yes.! & FLANAGAN they were only That Good because of TRANSFERS.! & under the Table Recruits Did they Have a Great coach? yes not taking anything away from What he accomplish But what was FLANAGAN before He got there?? Or even the first year or 2 after he Got there? NOTHING don't get me Wrong @BROWARD I respect Your Opinion But the last time a PUBLIC school Won a Championship before this Year was MIRAMAR in 09.!!!! we were in 2015.!! 6 years.!!!! From the miramar Championship Season Which Means that PRIVATE schools Have been Running Broward ccounty which again brings up my question on WHY.?????

& why Does DADE schools seem to Find & keep more quality coaches ??

You lost me. First you are talking about teams with D1 talent and then you are talking about Coconut Creek not making the playoffs.

Flanagan only good because of transfers???

What planet have been on the last 4 years and since Bush took over?

Flanagan had very few transfers last year and 3 of the 4 of them have always been publically zoned for Flanagan anyway.

Stick to the original topic. But you changed it because I squashed it, right?

You lost me. First you are talking about teams with D1 talent and then you are talking about Coconut Creek not making the playoffs.

Flanagan only good because of transfers???

What planet have been on the last 4 years and since Bush took over?

Flanagan had very few transfers last year and 3 of the 4 of them have always been publically zoned for Flanagan anyway.

Stick to the original topic. But you changed it because I squashed it, right?

FIRST OF ALL if U read Correctly The THread Was NEVER just About D1 TALENT I Asked 3 questions With you Chose to only HALF ANSWER 1 of them ... U the 1 chose to bring up Creek flanagan & ETC not me so DARN right I'm gonna make my comments on the Likes of creek & hallandale & etc because there irrelivent to the The Freaking questions at hand & came away with NOTHING LAST YEAR so Know u Didn't Squash anything HOMEBOY LIKE I SAID.!!!

The Question is still in the Air on WHY.!!!!???? Dade private schools seem to Have more Success & have more stability at the coaching staff position better Then Broward county & Why Does BROWARD.!! lose Most of there TALENT let me put it that way since u just wanna key on the D1 part To PRIVATE schools.!! If you Can't answer That Then JUST SHUT THE FREAK UP.!! because I'm tired of u trying me Bra all that slick rap u do over the internet is Lame Homeboy Real talk & this ain't ya first time So tighten up.!!

Here is a thought....When you start a post, you might want to have some depth, examples, or even facts as to what you are talking about.

For example you open the string with the statement " Tall Help me what is the Difference Between Miami Dade public schools Vs Broward Public schools & How Come BROWARD lose Most of all there D1 talent to The Private schools???"

Are you aware that over 75% of the D1 talent in Broward County comes from public schools (not private)?    - Obviously you are not based on your statement.  I can actually back my statement up if needed- versus stating something without a clue.

I could keep ripping into the rest of your statements with facts....but I will let you keep posting and expose yourself in your own words....

No one else on this board feels the need to CaPITAliZE every other letter or word, calls others names, and types ignorantly to debate a topic/subject that they don't agree with.  When someone exposes the truth with facts that contradict your statement you go into a keyboard frenzy and drastically change your tone.  I can go back and forth all day, but I  try to have a little common courtesy and respect the forum.  Stay classy!

End.

Main private schools in dade

Belen which nobody wants to go play in a wing t offense

Columbus

Miami Pace

Gulliver Prep

Dade Christian

Hialeah Champanet

Those are the main private schools in dade... Columbus, Gulliver ,Dade Cristian (2a) and some what Champanet are the respectable private schools in dade... They reason why I think kids don't really flock to private schools in dade is the public schools sports wise have a lot of pull and they win... The privates get their share of players too but not the majority of them...

STA is king of the privates and AHP are basically a toss up. The rest of the privates ( Chaminade, Mater, University etc... ) are a toss up for the most part.

There does happen to be more privates in Broward though.

I think theirs the same amount of private schools in dade just as in broward and Mater is a charter school in Hialeah... Sister school to somerset

Columbus

Miami Pace

Gulliver Prep

Dade Christian

Hialeah Champanet

Those are the main private schools in dade... Columbus, Gulliver ,Dade Cristian (2a) and some what Champanet are the respectable private schools in dade... They reason why I think kids don't really flock to private schools in dade is the public schools sports wise have a lot of pull and they win... The privates get their share of players too but not the majority of them...

Belen and Columbus are top tier, Pace, GP, Westminster are probably middle and then Dade Chr and Champ in the lower. 

Dade Christian might be closing too. 

Columbus

Miami Pace

Gulliver Prep

Dade Christian

Hialeah Champanet

Thanks For answering The Question Bro I don't have time for the extra iish that people on this board be on I didn't know we Had the Grammar police on Here to LOL.! but in all seriousness what's your take on the stability at the coaching position in Dade & they Win But broward Just seem to can't first find a coach who actually produces let alone having 1 for more then 3 years.

Thanks For answering The Question Bro I don't have time for the extra iish that people on this board be on I didn't know we Had the Grammar police on Here to LOL.! but in all seriousness what's your take on the stability at the coaching position in Dade & they Win But broward Just seem to can't first find a coach who actually produces let alone having 1 for more then 3 years.

For years I've heard the toughest place to coach is Dillard. Even more so then Northwestern. They want it now,forget building something.

Perhaps some kids also want to go to a school where they have the best shot at a state championship.  Right now it is BTW, Central, AHP and STA.  8A postseason may have the most parity and is probably generally the hardest battle to get to states.  Columbus has had very strong team (and got better) the last few years.  In 2015  likely would have easily won in all classes but 6A, 7A or 8A.  I think sometimes that deters kids going to Columbus because they know they have many options and choose what could be the safest path to states. A school like BTW in 4A or Central in 6A are the closest teams in the state to say STA in 7A as a lock to win their respected classes.  8A usually has about 8 teams that could be in the running.  That could be one of the reasons kids stay local or public when they have options. 

Bruh relax lol.. Some of those extra things be very helpful and broward was just trying to answer your question and you went left with it lol.... Well you have a coach at BA in coach Rabbit that's making some noise... Northwestern should have never let him go....

Cogdell and Bush both built their programs in recent years but were fortunate to get D1 Coaching offers. Generally a no- brainer to accept. If a Central, BTW, Northwestern or Carol City Coach got an offer at Michigan or West Virginia you can bet your a$$ they would be sporting maize and blue faster than a Tornado!

Hence Teddy Lockett.... USF now at Oregon State

I think one of the issues is stability. Booker T. Washington is a good example that I wanna use. When the school opened back up in 1999 and I believe 2000 was the inaugural year for tbe football team and until now has been a force to be reckon with. Since 2000 Booker T. Washington has one national title, three undefeated seasons, 7-2 OOS record, five state title's and 16 straight years as district champs. 2015 was a down year, but the Tornadoes captured another state title and district title. Overtown has the talent and with so much success at the high school level why leave which is why I think talent stays in the school and is attractive for receiving talent. Dillard and Ely haven't been to states in a while and haven't moved out of the 2nd round playoffs. St. Thomas has been around and always good which makes it less difficult sending your child there. I mean let's be real and state the obvious here Dillard and Ely are both historically inner-city black schools and area so for a lot of parents if not all can't afford to send kids to St. Thomas or American Heritage. Now if you get a full ride then of course you'll go. In Miami Columbus, Belen Jesuit and Gulliver Prep are down south so that makes it a little harder to attract Liberty City, Opa-Locka, Miami Gardens, Allapattah and Overtown kids. Oh and as for coaches we all know kids will play for who they like and as far as why Dade coaches last longer than Broward coaches is something I really can't figure out.

Plus you get paid penuts down here... If these guys were making the least 60,000 bandz a year I think you would see some coaches stay... I use to coach down here... I got a stipen for $2300... Now that's for spring, summer, and fall..... The money don't add up...

I think one of the issues is stability. Booker T. Washington is a good example that I wanna use. When the school opened back up in 1999 and I believe 2000 was the inaugural year for tbe football team and until now has been a force to be reckon with. Since 2000 Booker T. Washington has one national title, three undefeated seasons, 7-2 OOS record, five state title's and 16 straight years as district champs. 2015 was a down year, but the Tornadoes captured another state title and district title. Overtown has the talent and with so much success at the high school level why leave which is why I think talent stays in the school and is attractive for receiving talent. Dillard and Ely haven't been to states in a while and haven't moved out of the 2nd round playoffs. St. Thomas has been around and always good which makes it less difficult sending your child there. I mean let's be real and state the obvious here Dillard and Ely are both historically inner-city black schools and area so for a lot of parents if not all can't afford to send kids to St. Thomas or American Heritage. Now if you get a full ride then of course you'll go. In Miami Columbus, Belen Jesuit and Gulliver Prep are down south so that makes it a little harder to attract Liberty City, Opa-Locka, Miami Gardens, Allapattah and Overtown kids. Oh and as for coaches we all know kids will play for who they like and as far as why Dade coaches last longer than Broward coaches is something I really can't figure out.

Well I wouldn't consider Belen and Columbous that Down south like gulliver

Well I wouldn't consider Belen and Columbous that Down south like gulliver

Everything You Guys are Saying I Agree With so is it the Stubbornness & the lack of wanting to do things different in a school say Dillard or Ely that causes the school to lose the talent they do get?

Like for example the way STA & Dillard Football program or athletics are Ran is TOTALLY & completely Different theres Structure from top to bottom With STA where as With Dillard its been reported all coaches Don't Show up Half the Time & With the Coaches they Hate when The Alumni coach from the stands But they Be yelling them The Right thing & they Hate it vs the School always Hire From within just because they Played & made it or they just played there I never seen them Attempt to Go spend Some money & Go Pay for a Proven Coach that Will bring in a Proven System & attract players Dillard has the Money But they Don't Wanna Here That.

I'm not really convinced there is drastic difference in Coaches staying around in Broward vs. Dade.   I think it goes in cycles (maybe up in Broward the last couple years but will be up in Dade the next two years. I would like to see the numbers. 

Naturally,  BTW and Central who are both elite programs and former National Champions will generally have more stability (just like elite private programs) until their Coaches are offered a better opportunity.  One thing to remember is these programs have "booster" money as well - I'll just leave it at that...For the most part I think most of these Coaches are making similar amounts (peanuts) and they will always try for the best opportunity for success.  First is the $, then the talent.  If you can't get the $ , you work with the talent and hopefully it gives you an opportunity at the $.  Ideally, in a perfect situation you want or have both. 

In S FL, you absolutely have to have solid Booster Club support to survive. In Broward, I know CB has a strong Booster Club, but for whatever reason the talent their has dropped significantly. In Dade, I'm sure BTW and Central have strong support plus they are elite NIKE schools. Mater's new weight room is almost done and they have a turf practice field. Players and Parents want to go to nice environments. There are many ways for the coaches to make extra money.

Good point CAR ONE.  If I am not mistaken, some of the shoe companies have programs in which if you finish in say the top 20 in the Nation on a major poll - they will hook you up with lots of gear and give the school like a 15K allotment/credit .  One thing I always wondered is if you take a school like BTW, Central or even Dillard or Ely you have a lot of current or former NFL Alumni.  Once they hit their jackpot, do they donate or give back to the school (outside of showing up at a summer workout to draw in more kids? Do they donate direct to the school, boosters or another private organization to help the program?  Why are kids at BTW still lifting with rusty weights from the 1970s?  

I know of a large public Broward County school in which a MLB player signed his MLB contract and bought the baseball team a private weight room through the school.  The baseball team's weight room is superior to the school's general weight room and is used solely by the baseball team.  With so many NFL players making it big out of South Florida you just wonder why you do not hear more stories like that in some of the inner city schools that are surely producing NFL players...