Potential state champions

DisabledAccount

8a -

North: Apopka, Orange City University, Lake Brantley (sleeper), Dr. Phillips, Manatee, Osceola.

South: Southridge, Columbus, Flanagan, Deerfield Beach, Miramar

7a - Both brackets, St. Thomas Aquinas, St. Thomas Aquinas, St. Thomas Aquinas

6a -

North: Armwood, Niceville, Gainesville

South: Central, Central, Mainland, Carol City

The South bracket is heavily favored

5a - 

North: Wakulla, Pensacola, Orange Park

South: American Heritage Plantation, Bishop Moore, South East.

The South bracket is highly favored.

4a - Both Brackets, Booker T. Washington, BTW, BTW, Bolles

I will defer on 3a on down. Needless to say, TCA is favored in 3a and my knowledge of the classes below is too limited to make an informed pick on any schools.

I would put vanguard, pine forrest, nease, Navarre, Choctaw, lake Gibson, and st Augustine as better then Gainesville this year, they lost their starting qb and like 29 other seniors and Ik STA heavy favorites but it's not like they ONLY team with a shot, you got teams in the south and north that have outside shots but overall it's good list, I'll do mine soon

I would put vanguard, pine forrest, nease, Navarre, Choctaw, lake Gibson, and st Augustine as better then Gainesville this year, they lost their starting qb and like 29 other seniors and Ik STA heavy favorites but it's not like they ONLY team with a shot, you got teams in the south and north that have outside shots but overall it's good list, I'll do mine soon

You are incorrect.  You have a better chance of hitting a full court shot in basketball on your fist try in the Viera gymnasium,  than STA losing in 7A.

You are incorrect. You have a better chance of hitting a full court shot in basketball on your fist try in the Viera gymnasium, than STA losing in 7A.

You say that Broward but that puts all pressure on you, not smart, I would always leave door open so I don't look so top heavy and assuming someone has won a championship before a single down has been played. Come on Broward, this not Wyoming. Give the talent in Florida a little credit and not go picking a landslide before the season even starts

You say that Broward but that puts all pressure on you, not smart, I would always leave door open so I don't look so top heavy and assuming someone has won a championship before a single down has been played. Come on Broward, this not Wyoming. Give the talent in Florida a little credit and not go picking a landslide before the season even starts

slide_3.jpg

slide_3.jpg

??

4ccf16cbcf08ebf14a173d63576013d1.jpg

il_340x270.626738324_1jkq.jpg

IT is quite possible that STA's second team would win 7a relatively easily.

Having said that, could they somehow not win 7a? Sure, it only takes one massive upset in the playoffs. Would I bet on that happening this year? Only if I were given odds in my favor of 1,000 - 1. And even at those odds, I would bet a very, very modest amount.

Hmmmmm. Deerfield Beach defeated them last season. Held STA to 3 points. Both Hallandale and Flanagan came close. Even Braden River played them respectfully. I don't believe that they are as invincible as some people seem to think.  I think that Bishop Gorman may give them a go this season, also.  

Hmmmmm. Deerfield Beach defeated them last season. Held STA to 3 points. Both Hallandale and Flanagan came close. Even Braden River played them respectfully. I don't believe that they are as invincible as some people seem to think. I think that Bishop Gorman may give them a go this season, also.

Bishop Gorman is a very tough place to win, it won't be easy out their in Vegas for Aquinas this year, not to many teams beat them on their field