Bus cramps and jet lag?

DisabledAccount

Not for a team like Columbia that prefers to play their big games on the road. It allow them to focus better....Don't you think?

It does, I saw a huge focus difference in Apopka game this year, getting that ride and focusing helped us, and here a inside story from that game, our buses got separated at one point and we got rushed at the golden coral so at first it looked like our st Augustine experience from 2 years ago was about to have a repeat performance so we had to rush eating and pre meal speech didn't get to happen but then by some luck we get a game delay for lightning before game so with 30 minute wait we managed to get speech then so everything worked fine so thank you for those 30 minutes, it helped a lot lol

Also main reason I bring it up is I notice img has to fly to west coast and I'm thinking does anyone else besides me think they have potential to be a little leg tired from the flight and at risk of jet lag, because unless they have a team jet then they would be taking commercial jet which means like a hour of sitting on runway, maybe more since weather not good and might have rain delay on the airport so is their a chance that effects them?

What I notice is if you are prepared and know how to travel well then you end up being able to play good on road

Also noticed that generally the pressure is on the home team, when you play at home you have the pressure of letting your classmates down that come to watch you as well as lots of alumni and parents since unless their kids are playing on team most parents won't travel for road games, but on road your mindset is more relaxed and becomes spoiling their home game so with that mindset the pressure is not as intense on you.

But I have a question for you Broward, what do you think is more impressive, consistently winning at home or on road? And which is more important to be able to pull off a home or road win?

I think that's a very interesting question, especially in reference to IMG, considering IMG travels long distances for many of their games. I believe that most of the D-1 football teams travel on chartered aircraft since they have large rosters, many coaches, cheerleaders, bands. and all of their equipment. So a B737, which is configured for about 220 passengers, would probably be about right. I'm not sure if many high schools charter an aircraft to transport their team. I am pretty sure that IMG does charter aircraft for their team. Can you imagine the nightmare it would be flying commercial from Tampa to one of the airports near to the school they would be playing. Just getting that many seats on one commercial flight would be a challenge much less connecting flights one or two times. 

• 2 weeks later...

Ohio St. Edward definitely had an advantage over Mainland last year. Mainland had to take a bus from Daytona all the way to Ohio. They were very tired when they arrived for the game. It showed in the second half. So in that case, yes, the bus trip mattered.

IMG's biggest problem will be the game starting at 7:00pm. That will be 10 our time. Unless the coaches has the team sleep late, jet lag may start working against IMG in the second half. Sitting in a locker room during half time will slow the body down,. About the 4th quarter the team may be showing signs of fatigue. You don't always feel fatigue when adrenaline is pumping but decision making isn't as sharp as it should be. 

From my experience, a 2 or 3 hour bus ride is more fun than anything, and usually a good meal an hour or 2 before a game gets a team ready to play.