Is Treasure Coast a playoff team?

Jimmyb80

On 11/4/2022 at 8:46 AM, badbird said:

They are definitely one of the top 8 teams in the region and no one wants to play them first round.  This reminds me a little of Booker T several years ago when they missed the playoffs because they had a brutal schedule.  Treasure Coast needs to realize they are not IMG and schedule something a little more reasonable.  I commend them for not being scared but you don't have to be scared to take an ass whooping.

I've heard that said before! LOL

1 hour ago, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

As @DarterBlue2 said, they will likely get in as an 8 seed. The fact that they are 3-7 and STILL nobody wants to see them in the 4S playoffs, is the best argument in favor of them being in that I can think of. I know that I hope that Venice doesn't have to play them.

I think TC will stay at the 6th seed or flip with Centennial to the 7th seed. 

Spruce Creek lost to Sandalwood, so they have to hope to stay at 8th seed or could have opened the door for Harmony to claim that 8th seed with their win vs St Cloud.

Depends on how the formula favors TC losing to a team like Chaminade versus Centennial beating Port St Lucie, either way I think that 8 seed belongs to Spruce Creek or Harmony.

I think TC will see a rematch with Martin County or a rematch with Osceola in the first round. 

11 minutes ago, Drogo said:

I think TC will stay at the 6th seed or flip with Centennial to the 7th seed. 

Spruce Creek lost to Sandalwood, so they have to hope to stay at 8th seed or could have opened the door for Harmony to claim that 8th seed with their win vs St Cloud.

Depends on how the formula favors TC losing to a team like Chaminade versus Centennial beating Port St Lucie, either way I think that 8 seed belongs to Spruce Creek or Harmony.

I think TC will see a rematch with Martin County or a rematch with Osceola in the first round. 

They would beat Martin County, but Osceola should beat them by a similar score as Week 1 if it were to happen. 

On 11/5/2022 at 1:21 PM, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

In fact of the publics you listed only Apopka (to my knowledge) hasn't been busted for recruiting in the playoff era 

So what makes these public schools recruiting kids any better than the private schools you complain about nonstop?

Plant forfeited some games in 1982 when an out of state kid moved to Tampa and had exhausted eligibility up North. For context that’s 40 years.

May have been a more recent example I’m not aware of?

On 11/9/2022 at 12:40 PM, 181pl said:

Plant forfeited some games in 1982 when an out of state kid moved to Tampa and had exhausted eligibility up North. For context that’s 40 years.

May have been a more recent example I’m not aware of?

Wasn't Plant busted a few years ago for a kid living with a coach?

On 11/9/2022 at 12:34 PM, 181pl said:

I think Columbia and Plant would be a good game and a fun matchup. They should try to set up a home and home or a neutral site game. 

Idk what neural site would be a good idea unless you are suggesting Ben Hill Griffin or Raymond James 

Like why would we play at say citizens field when the field gets ruined by a small shower and isn't as large or advanced tech wise as Columbia stadium

Columbia did have Tampa Bay Tech on the schedule before COVID led to it getting cancelled, the main issue is your county AD seems to do everything possible to prevent out of county games in the regular season but I would be game to see Plant vs Columbia, tell the coach to reach out to Columbia next cycle I would be happy to keep you updated on our openings for that cycle as soon as I know if it will help 

1 hour ago, Jimmyb80 said:

3-7 and they are a SIX seed! I mean was the rest of the bracket THAT weak?

The great thing is all this posturing will be settled on the field when they play the 8-2, #3 Seed Martin County tomorrow night.   But my guess is if they win there will be another line of attack why TC doesn't belong. 

2 hours ago, Jimmyb80 said:

Congrats you would have 4 wins 2 of which would come against the same team! But go ahead with the six seed with 3 wins 

Like Vero would have beaten those teams Treasure Coast lost to

They couldn't even beat one of the teams that Treasure Coast beat

14 hours ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Idk what neural site would be a good idea unless you are suggesting Ben Hill Griffin or Raymond James 

Like why would we play at say citizens field when the field gets ruined by a small shower and isn't as large or advanced tech wise as Columbia stadium

Columbia did have Tampa Bay Tech on the schedule before COVID led to it getting cancelled, the main issue is your county AD seems to do everything possible to prevent out of county games in the regular season but I would be game to see Plant vs Columbia, tell the coach to reach out to Columbia next cycle I would be happy to keep you updated on our openings for that cycle as soon as I know if it will help 

Under Hillsborough County's current system, with rare exceptions, teams in the county can only play out-of-county games if they are district games or playoff games.  Ironically, if a boatload of conditions are met, a Hillsborough team can play an out-of-state game, which Plant and Armwood both have done a few times over the last 20 years.  The only other way for a Hillsborough team to play an out-of-county opponent is to play them in a kickoff/pre-season game, and even then, I think it has to be a home game.  If a Hillsborough County team, like Plant, wanted to host an out-of-county team, like Columbia, I think that could be arranged, but I totally understand why the out-of-county team would not want to play that game if they don't get a return home game the following year. 

16 hours ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

I meant as part of a larger event, like an Orlando-Disney type event where there would be 3 or 4 games with FL and OOS teams.

1 hour ago, 181pl said:

I meant as part of a larger event, like an Orlando-Disney type event where there would be 3 or 4 games with FL and OOS teams.

It's interesting you mentioned that because there used to be Florida vs Florida games at that event 

One year Columbia played Mainland during the Disney event so it would be nice to see something like that because the Colorado vs the weakest teams in Florida has devalued that event significantly as of late 

2 hours ago, Perspective said:

Under Hillsborough County's current system, with rare exceptions, teams in the county can only play out-of-county games if they are district games or playoff games.  Ironically, if a boatload of conditions are met, a Hillsborough team can play an out-of-state game, which Plant and Armwood both have done a few times over the last 20 years.  The only other way for a Hillsborough team to play an out-of-county opponent is to play them in a kickoff/pre-season game, and even then, I think it has to be a home game.  If a Hillsborough County team, like Plant, wanted to host an out-of-county team, like Columbia, I think that could be arranged, but I totally understand why the out-of-county team would not want to play that game if they don't get a return home game the following year. 

Yeah I do think it's highly unlikely Columbia would play a team without getting a home game out of it unless they could pay a serious stipend so it sounds like until the current county AD lifts some restrictions or someone new takes the job and is more "progressive" with the scheduling then we won't see Columbia vs Plant anytime soon 

You talk like you related to someone on the TC coaching staff my guy! Harmony is the 8 seed yet has more wins (4) against teams with winning records than TC has total! Yes TC played 8 playoff teams and beat one while harmony played 5 playoff teams and won won twice! I’m still arguing that you should not be rewarded for LOSING 

3 hours ago, Jimmyb80 said:

You talk like you related to someone on the TC coaching staff my guy! Harmony is the 8 seed yet has more wins (4) against teams with winning records than TC has total! Yes TC played 8 playoff teams and beat one while harmony played 5 playoff teams and won won twice! I’m still arguing that you should not be rewarded for LOSING 

Technically Harmony should've been bumped out of their region but the forfeits by FPC helped them out