Good 2nd Round Games

181pl

16 minutes ago, 181pl said:

These are some (not all) good matchups this week. Who do you like?

4M

Plant @ East Lake

Winter Park @ Apopka

4S

Treasure Coast @ Osceola

3M

Tech @ Edgewater

Ely @ Dillard 

3S

Columbia @ Escambia

2M

MNW @ Central

Lakewood @ TC 

2S

Palm Bay @ Cocoa

Plant

Apopka

Osceola

Edgewater

Dillard

Columbia

Central

Lakewood

Cocoa

10 hours ago, PinellasFB said:

I might go to the Plant @ELHS game.  Two explosive offenses should put on quite a show.  I give the edge to Plant with the better D to slow down ELHS enough to win a high scoring game where the loser will have 40+ points.

So, you've got the Over/Under at 80 points?    Hmmm, you may end up being right, but I'd be inclined to bet the under. 

1 hour ago, KeemD321 said:

Plant

Apopka

Treasure Coast

Edgewater

Dillard 

Columbia

Central

Lakewood

Cocoa running clock

Treasure Coast will be a tough challenge again for Osceola and I am not big on predictions but here is why I don't agree with you picking them to win.  TC and Deland have potent rushing attacks, but Deland has a more dynamic QB if you go strictly by the numbers.  TJ Moore (1047 yds passing and 1151 rushing) as compared to George Roberts (227 yds passing and 754 rushing), acknowledging the TC schedule.  Total rushing yards 2706 for Deland vs 1982 for TC.  I do give TC the edge on defense.  The other reason is we have the vast majority of starters back that battled the flu and injuries the past couple of weeks that made our wins vs West Orange and Deland more difficult than they should have been.  Next, that was our opening game of the season and the QB situation as well as offense in general was not settled.  Lastly, we are home and playoff time that is big.   As always, time will tell.  Should be difficult task for your Rockledge team against Mainland without your starting QB.

4 hours ago, 181pl said:

Both Plant and EL have had high scoring games but I agree with Perspective. I see this game as a 27-24 or 27-20 type of game. Of course I’ve been wrong a lot so who knows. 

Well if I was forced to put my money where my mouth is I would bet the over at 65, no more.  However, East Lake has been in many wild games this year and they tend to get into shootouts.  This could be the most entertaining game of the second round.

53 minutes ago, KeemD321 said:

Yea they are but I see Apopka defense holding strong against Winter Park and I see Edgewater running all over Tech

I hope you are right. WP has a very good QB to WR combination. It puts a lot of pressure on both our defensive front and secondary. 

The Edgewater vs Tech game should be a barn burner. Baxter has been out but got limited touches against First Coast. If he is healthy and gets his share of carries, that would certainly help. 

8 hours ago, Ray Icaza said:

Treasure Coast will be a tough challenge again for Osceola and I am not big on predictions but here is why I don't agree with you picking them to win.  TC and Deland have potent rushing attacks, but Deland has a more dynamic QB if you go strictly by the numbers.  TJ Moore (1047 yds passing and 1151 rushing) as compared to George Roberts (227 yds passing and 754 rushing), acknowledging the TC schedule.  Total rushing yards 2706 for Deland vs 1982 for TC.  I do give TC the edge on defense.  The other reason is we have the vast majority of starters back that battled the flu and injuries the past couple of weeks that made our wins vs West Orange and Deland more difficult than they should have been.  Next, that was our opening game of the season and the QB situation as well as offense in general was not settled.  Lastly, we are home and playoff time that is big.   As always, time will tell.  Should be difficult task for your Rockledge team against Mainland without your starting QB.

I definitely agree with you. If y'all are able to score on most of y'all drives then the game will be y'alls to lose. I just see it being a tough game. 

I'm not sure if the starting QB is back this week but he has an extra day to recover. Their backup is more of a capable QB than their last 2 athletes who were forced into the QB position due to injury but the don't give him too many intermediate or long passes. If their defense can't hold strong then they will be in for a long night

8 minutes ago, KeemD321 said:

I definitely agree with you. If y'all are able to score on most of y'all drives then the game will be y'alls to lose. I just see it being a tough game. 

I'm not sure if the starting QB is back this week but he has an extra day to recover. Their backup is more of a capable QB than their last 2 athletes who were forced into the QB position due to injury but the don't give him too many intermediate or long passes. If their defense can't hold strong then they will be in for a long night

Thru the first nine games QB George Roberts is TC's leading rusher although I don't know his injury status.  Nobody else that played QB has any passing yards thru those 9 posted games.   They may have shown some wildcat formations as they have two other capable runners but they don't possess homerun threats.  I only made the QB comparison because the difference is stark as Roberts has a combined total of 982 yds on the ground and thru the air.  His counterpart from Deland has over 2400 combined.  With our 3 senior DL they won't find success up the middle and will need to work the edges if they expect any movement on offense.  We don't need to score on most of our drives as I believe if we get 21 points it will be enough. 

17 hours ago, PinellasFB said:

Well if I was forced to put my money where my mouth is I would bet the over at 65, no more.  However, East Lake has been in many wild games this year and they tend to get into shootouts.  This could be the most entertaining game of the second round.

Haven't seen EL only, their scores. I think both squads can hit multiple big plays per game and that should make the game pretty fun to watch.

On 11/15/2022 at 1:45 PM, 181pl said:

These are some of (not all of) the good matchups this week. Who do you like?

4M

Plant @ East Lake

Winter Park @ Apopka

4S

Treasure Coast @ Osceola

3M

Tech @ Edgewater

Ely @ Dillard 

3S

Columbia @ Escambia

2M

MNW @ Central

Lakewood @ TC 

2S

Palm Bay @ Cocoa

I made my own team ratings and generated win probabilities.  Who knows how accurate it will be, but it says.

Plant with a 58% chance to win

Apopka with a 72% chance to win

Osceola 52%

Tampa Bay Tech 72%

Dillard 92%

Columbia 66%

Miami Central 79%

Lakewood 57%

Cocoa 96%

Team rankings and a little tool to do matchups here

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/13YAcqPqUO_Rd0eorLrc7HArodAB0zosIsrKTyeOtz-I/

2 hours ago, 181pl said:

EL with big win over Plant

Tech almost comes back

Central and NW much closer than expected 

Lakewood over TC in a classic 42-41

Kowboys move on in close one

Columbia edges Escambia

Too many Saturday games? What gives?

Any team who played on Monday had their game moved to Saturday by the FHSAA to lessen the impact of a short week