State Championships to be moved?

SportsNut25

Play in the area where the most team in the finals will be located.. more fans mean more money. Remember what happened when they played it here before. And I believe FAU dud put a bid in for the state finals.

If they have a real fan base then you would think they would follow their team to state finals even if they had to play it in Russia

If they have a real fan base then you would think they would follow their team to state finals even if they had to play it in Russia

It can be vice versa too... You think you slick cause Jacksonville is closer to you... If it's down here besides the game they have plenty to do while fans are down here... like I did in Orlando last year... I went to the games while my family were at Disney .... Only thing I know about Jacksonville is the world largest cocktail party...

A few things:

- FAU did not bid this cycle. They were really interested, but decided to sit this one out to watch the process and learn more, etc. Not saying they are 100% out of the race, just clearing a point up. 

- Jacksonville Jags stadium will not be awarded the game because they do not want the game. Jags are playing at home that weekend and they for sure don't want kids going crazy on their field the night before a home contest. 

A few things:

- FAU did not bid this cycle. They were really interested, but decided to sit this one out to watch the process and learn more, etc. Not saying they are 100% out of the race, just clearing a point up.

- Jacksonville Jags stadium will not be awarded the game because they do not want the game. Jags are playing at home that weekend and they for sure don't want kids going crazy on their field the night before a home contest.

What bout Tallahassee? The state capital hosting the state finals, don't a lot of states have the finals in the capital city?

Could that work?

What bout Tallahassee? The state capital hosting the state finals, don't a lot of states have the finals in the capital city?

Could that work?

Perhaps, if FSU was interested in having it. 

I think Josh raised a good point the other day - if the ACC Champ game goes to Orlando, hotel prices are going to skyrocket. 

Bottom line here is, no matter how bad this will suck for the FHSAA, if Orlando gets the ACC Champ game, whether it is at CWS or not, FHSAA Finals need to be moved. We can't expect parents to pay the higher hotel costs. 

I'll throw a monkey wrench into the mix here but what about Spec Martin Memorial Stadium in Deland (Volusia County)?  I believe it only sits about 6,000 but realistically the FHSAA could probably rent another 2-4K set of bleachers and be fine.   Could be a cost efficient last minute plan perhaps.  

Division 1 FCS Stetson plays their home games here:

RQKIGCQEMRZWEDJ.20140124192934.jpg

I'll throw a monkey wrench into the mix here but what about Spec Martin Memorial Stadium in Deland (Volusia County)? I believe it only sits about 6,000 but realistically the FHSAA could probably rent another 2-4K set of bleachers and be fine. Could be a cost efficient last minute plan perhaps.

Division 1 FCS Stetson plays their home games here:

RQKIGCQEMRZWEDJ.20140124192934.jpg

Where this stadium?

• 2 weeks later...

The check written from the ACC to the FHSAA will be a drop in the bucket to the ACC.  Hopefully the FHSAA does well with the check written in the future for the sake of  Florida HS Football and the fans.  

Moving the schedule up a week is not a problem for me personally.  I actually like it a little cooler temperature when on mini-vacation.