8A South

Pipe Dreams

Can somebody please tell me what the hell is going on down there

8A North

Apopka is tops.

Sanford-Seminole is also very, very good. Osceola, Dr. Phillips, Vero and yes, Fort Pierce Central are also contenders out of the north.

Overall --- 8A has taken a drop.

I think one of:

Southridge

Coral Gables

Flanagan 

comes out of 8a South. As of now, the North would seem to have the edge. But it is only mid season so a lot can happen.

Can somebody please tell me what the hell is going on down there

8A North

Apopka is tops.

Sanford-Seminole is also very, very good. Osceola, Dr. Phillips, Vero and yes, Fort Pierce Central are also contenders out of the north.

Overall --- 8A has taken a drop.

8A South is just as I thought it would be compared to last year - way down.  There are no 2016 teams close to 3 TDs in 8A South to that of 2015 Columbus and Flanagan.  Even in Palm Beach County I don't see any team close to the level of Delray Atlantic 2015.

The only edge I would give 8A South right now over 8A North is the ability to schedule better non-conference teams locally - schedule strength.  Right now in Broward and Dade there are at least 6 teams in 8A that can beat one another (possibly about 12) IMO:

Coral Gables - Strong defensively and had a nice win versus Carol City early. Playing above what was expected. I believe this team is about on the level of Coral Gables 2015 - just to show how far 8A South is down

Flanagan - Similar team to Coral Gables (defensive oriented) . Playing about as many expected.  Nothing close to 2015 Dirty Bird team but still could be good enough to get to Orlando from the South.

Miramar - Very athletic and playing probably about at the same level they were last year.  As expected, will be in the mix in November.

Columbus - Way down from last year but still good enough to make a run in 2016.  Coaching will have this team peak for the playoffs and get the most out of the Explorers.

Southridge - Outside of IMG and STA, could be arguably be the most talented team on paper in the state. Only playing slightly better than 2015 with way more talent.  Coaches need to right this ship - quickly.

Deerfield Beach - Like Southridge, the Bucs have a loaded roster but for now Deerfield Beach is not even as strong as 2015 Deerfield Beach.  DB was  simply better defensively last year, especially in the secondary.

Not far behind: Southwest, Boca Raton, Park Vista, Western

Further back but still in the hunt: Atlantic Delray, Palm Beach Gardens, Piper, Stoneman Douglas, North Miami Beach

Hanging in like a loose tooth: Coral Springs, South Dade, American, North Miami, Wellington, Belen Jesuit, Lake Worth, Seminole Ridge, Killian, American

PB County 8A picture may begin to shake out a bit after this week and next.

4-0 Boca Raton has back-to-back home games comin up .... this week vs 5-0 Pahokee,  then next week vs 5-0 Park Vista.   Only team of note that BR beat yet was PB Gardens at home.

PV Cobras I'm likin so far,  'specially after week's home win vs Atlantic that I saw,  but they haven't been on the road much at all this season.   They have a home-heavy regular season schedule throughout.

2-2 Atlantic ain't quite done yet.  Will still play 4 creampuffs then a grueling stretch, fortunately all at home vs BR, then 7A Dwyer, finishing up vs Deerfield Beach, ... ouch.  Stay healthy boys! 

Overall PBC 8A grade is a solid B, maybe B+  "Competitive" imo.   Just nothing there that grabs ya by the shorthairs and sez overwhelming powerhouse. 

PB County 8A picture may begin to shake out a bit after this week and next.

4-0 Boca Raton has back-to-back home games comin up .... this week vs 5-0 Pahokee,  then next week vs 5-0 Park Vista.   Only team of note that BR beat yet was PB Gardens at home.

PV Cobras I'm likin so far,  'specially after week's home win vs Atlantic that I saw,  but they haven't been on the road much at all this season.   They have a home-heavy regular season schedule throughout.

2-2 Atlantic ain't quite done yet.  Will still play 4 creampuffs then a grueling stretch, fortunately all at home vs BR, then 7A Dwyer, finishing up vs Deerfield Beach, ... ouch.  Stay healthy boys! 

Overall PBC 8A grade is a solid B, maybe B+  "Competitive" imo.   Just nothing there that grabs ya by the shorthairs and sez overwhelming powerhouse. 

That is a pretty solid back-to-back from Boca Raton.  We will learn a lot over the next 2 weeks about Boca Raton.  

I believe the final week for Atlantic is versus Dwyer on 11/4  (not Deerfield Beach) if I am not mistaken.  Perhaps there is a possibility that they meet in late November for the playoffs though.

http://floridahsfootball.com/2016/05/04/atlantic-eagles-delray-beach-2016-football-schedule/

ATLANTIC EAGLES Head Coach: T.J. Jackson Stadium: Eagle Stadium District: 8A-10 All Times are Eastern unless noted | * – District Week Date Opponent Time 1 Fri 8/26 @ Wellington 7:00 pm 2 Fri 9/2 West Boca Raton 7:00 pm 3 Fri 9/9 BYE WEEK — 4 Fri 9/16 @ Glades Central 7:00 pm 5 Fri 9/23 @ Park Vista* 7:00 pm 6 Fri 9/30 @ Spanish River* 7:00 pm 7 Fri 10/7 Santaluces* 7:00 pm 8 Fri 10/14 John I. Leonard* 7:00 pm 9 Fri 10/21 @ Lake Worth* 7:00 pm 10 Fri 10/28 Boca Raton* 7:00 pm 11 Fri 11/4 Dwyer 7:00 pm

That is a pretty solid back-to-back from Boca Raton.  We will learn a lot over the next 2 weeks about Boca Raton.  

I believe the final week for Atlantic is versus Dwyer on 11/4  (not Deerfield Beach) if I am not mistaken.  Perhaps there is a possibility that they meet in late November for the playoffs though.

http://floridahsfootball.com/2016/05/04/atlantic-eagles-delray-beach-2016-football-schedule/

ATLANTIC EAGLES Head Coach: T.J. Jackson Stadium: Eagle Stadium District: 8A-10 All Times are Eastern unless noted | * – District Week Date Opponent Time 1 Fri 8/26 @ Wellington 7:00 pm 2 Fri 9/2 West Boca Raton 7:00 pm 3 Fri 9/9 BYE WEEK — 4 Fri 9/16 @ Glades Central 7:00 pm 5 Fri 9/23 @ Park Vista* 7:00 pm 6 Fri 9/30 @ Spanish River* 7:00 pm 7 Fri 10/7 Santaluces* 7:00 pm 8 Fri 10/14 John I. Leonard* 7:00 pm 9 Fri 10/21 @ Lake Worth* 7:00 pm 10 Fri 10/28 Boca Raton* 7:00 pm 11 Fri 11/4 Dwyer 7:00 pm

how would you rank the top 10 8A south teams?

how would you rank the top 10 8A south teams?

There is really no definition of that right now.  Not even close IMO.

8A South is just as I thought it would be compared to last year - way down.  There are no 2016 teams close to 3 TDs in 8A South to that of 2015 Columbus and Flanagan.  Even in Palm Beach County I don't see any team close to the level of Delray Atlantic 2015.

The only edge I would give 8A South right now over 8A North is the ability to schedule better non-conference teams locally - schedule strength.  Right now in Broward and Dade there are at least 6 teams in 8A that can beat one another (with 3-6 more throughout PB, Broward and Dade right on their tails) IMO:

Coral Gables - Strong defensively and had a nice win versus Carol City early. Playing above what was expected. I believe this team is about on the level of Coral Gables 2015 - just to show how far 8A South is down

Flanagan - Similar team to Coral Gables (defensive oriented) . Playing about as many expected.  Nothing close to 2015 Dirty Bird team but still could be good enough to get to Orlando from the South.

Miramar - Very athletic and playing probably about at the same level they were last year.  As expected, will be in the mix in November.

Columbus - Way down from last year but still good enough to make a run in 2016.  Coaching will have this team peak for the playoffs and get the most out of the Explorers.

Southridge - Outside of IMG and STA, could be arguably be the most talented team on paper in the state. Only playing slightly better than 2015 with way more talent.  Coaches need to right this ship - quickly.

Deerfield Beach - Like Southridge, the Bucs have a loaded roster but for now Deerfield Beach is not even as strong as 2015 Deerfield Beach.  DB was  simply better defensively last year, especially in the secondary.

Not far behind: Southwest, Boca Raton, Park Vista, Western

Further back but still in the hunt: Atlantic Delray, Palm Beach Gardens, Piper, Stoneman Douglas, North Miami Beach

Hanging in like a loose tooth: Coral Springs, South Dade, American, North Miami, Wellington, Belen Jesuit, Lake Worth, Seminole Ridge, Killian, American

Broward, believe yer spot on.

I glanced at the DB and Atlantic schedules on Maxpreps,  and saw both their last scheduled game,  and it was vs each other.

Had I noticed the date, 11/25, I woulda figured somebody was "confidently" assuming they'd meet in the reg finals scheduled on that date.   Whoever loaded that game also had Atl as the home team. 

There's still a whole lotta football to be played.   Nice catch.

Meanwhile, think I'll pull for PV cobras in PBC 8A.  Good to have a fresh face in the mix, and I like what I saw of them vs Atl.   Their test will be vs BR on the road.

But overall, 8A statewide this year just ain't what it used to be.