Year of the Titans?

VeniceIndianFan

From reports I have received and news around social media, it looks like this could be Tampa Bay Tech's best team ever. With the return of Dallas Wilson, Santoyo Isaac, Javon Mckiney, Rodney Gainey, Cyler Ward, and Logan Rogers, it looks like Tampa Bay Tech is primed to meet STA in the 3M finals with a chance to win it all for the first time in their school history. Will TBT win their first state championship in school history? Or will they fall short one again at the hands of a team like Homestead, Jones, STA, Armwood, Edgewater, etc? 

20 hours ago, VeniceIndianFan said:

From reports I have received and news around social media, it looks like this could be Tampa Bay Tech's best team ever. With the return of Dallas Wilson, Santoyo Isaac, Javon Mckiney, Rodney Gainey, Cyler Ward, and Logan Rogers, it looks like Tampa Bay Tech is primed to meet STA in the 3M finals with a chance to win it all for the first time in their school history. Will TBT win their first state championship in school history? Or will they fall short one again at the hands of a team like Homestead, Jones, STA, Armwood, Edgewater, etc? 

VIF, are you just trying to pump TBT up so that if Venice beats them in the KOC, the win is more impressive, and if Venice loses, the loss doesn't look so bad?    :P

Truth be told, TBT has always had the athletes (and may truly have their most loaded team in recent history), but in my humble opinion (and no disrespect intended), TBT has lacked the team discipline and the coaching to hang with the big boys and win a state title. 

2 hours ago, Perspective said:

VIF, are you just trying to pump TBT up so that if Venice beats them in the KOC, the win is more impressive, and if Venice loses, the loss doesn't look so bad?    :P

Truth be told, TBT has always had the athletes (and may truly have their most loaded team in recent history), but in my humble opinion (and no disrespect intended), TBT has lacked the team discipline and the coaching to hang with the big boys and win a state title. 

Not pumping them up for the KOC. Just see that they have a lot of talent on paper and look primed to meet STA in the 3M finals. They have the talent to win 3M, or failing that, to lose to STA in the finals again. But of course, Jones, Armwood, and Edgewater all look powerful on paper as well so we will have to see how things shake out. But 3M is one of the more interesting classes this year for sure and I would love to see STA somehow get knocked off (hopefully at the hands of Dillard!) 

2 hours ago, VeniceIndianFan said:

Not pumping them up for the KOC. Just see that they have a lot of talent on paper and look primed to meet STA in the 3M finals. They have the talent to win 3M, or failing that, to lose to STA in the finals again. But of course, Jones, Armwood, and Edgewater all look powerful on paper as well so we will have to see how things shake out. But 3M is one of the more interesting classes this year for sure and I would love to see STA somehow get knocked off (hopefully at the hands of Dillard!) 

Me & you both. But it’s gonna have to be done on the field and on paper or through hopes & dreams. This year is gonna be interesting, it’s gonna be some upsets in the playoffs to I can feel it. Whether it’s in the metro or suburban or both is yet to be seen. 

• 2 weeks later...
49 minutes ago, DarterBlue2 said:

Jones has a good QB, but not from WO this year. This one is from Polk originally. 

You are right about Dereon Coleman being from Ft. Meade, but I saw a twitter post on June 30th with Trevor Jackson (WO) also having transferred to Jones.  It proclaimed the "Jones QB Room" with both sitting with the coach and Coleman proclaiming for opposing teams to quit contacting him as he was not transferring out.  Whether that has materialized or not I don't know as these kids sometimes jump the gun making statements, but I did give it credence with the coach sitting with them both in the picture. 

4 hours ago, Ray Icaza said:

You are right about Dereon Coleman being from Ft. Meade, but I saw a twitter post on June 30th with Trevor Jackson (WO) also having transferred to Jones.  It proclaimed the "Jones QB Room" with both sitting with the coach and Coleman proclaiming for opposing teams to quit contacting him as he was not transferring out.  Whether that has materialized or not I don't know as these kids sometimes jump the gun making statements, but I did give it credence with the coach sitting with them both in the picture. 

Thanks; I have been out of the country the past two weeks so I was unaware of this. Not sure this is a good decision by Trevar. WO has the talent to make a run and I am not sure he wins the QB battle at Jones. 

In the spring game, the young offensive line of Jones was its biggest weakness as it led to Coleman being sacked multiple times and being hurried on almost all the plays he avoided being sacked. This largely led to the dearth of offensive yards by Jones. 

2 hours ago, DarterBlue2 said:

Thanks; I have been out of the country the past two weeks so I was unaware of this. Not sure this is a good decision by Trevar. WO has the talent to make a run and I am not sure he wins the QB battle at Jones. 

In the spring game, the young offensive line of Jones was its biggest weakness as it led to Coleman being sacked multiple times and being hurried on almost all the plays he avoided being sacked. This largely led to the dearth of offensive yards by Jones. 

I also questioned the move by the QB from West Orange as they do have talent which I have been checking out since both they and Jones are on our schedule.  Based on what you saw with their OL, seems to me both would have been wise to transfer to a team where that was a strength rather than the other way around.  Maybe that is on the menu for summer. 

1 hour ago, Ray Icaza said:

I also questioned the move by the QB from West Orange as they do have talent which I have been checking out since both they and Jones are on our schedule.  Based on what you saw with their OL, seems to me both would have been wise to transfer to a team where that was a strength rather than the other way around.  Maybe that is on the menu for summer. 

Nothing would surprise me.