Who Are Your Contenders & Dark Horses For Metro & Suburban?

THIS_IS_DILLARD

5 minutes ago, Nulli Secundus said:

That tells me if Venice doesn't win it all (and get that CAI monkey off their backs), 2023 will be a disappointment.  Will the Indians rise to the challenge?  We will see!  Like last year, I'm rooting for you guys up until you face Lakeland if that even happens.  Gotta get by those damn Kowboys, possibly twice.  Gonna be a fun season!

I plan to be there if Venice is fortunate enough to get past Manatee! Come say hi at some point before the game! We talked about it on Scorestream a bit last year, but I wasn't able to buy tickets and instead fell victim to the corrupt NFHS site which stole my money. Infuriating! But until that day, it must be so hot to be a Dreadnaught! ;)

14 minutes ago, VeniceIndianFan said:

I plan to be there if Venice is fortunate enough to get past Manatee! Come say hi at some point before the game! We talked about it on Scorestream a bit last year, but I wasn't able to buy tickets and instead fell victim to the corrupt NFHS site which stole my money. Infuriating! But until that day, it must be so hot to be a Dreadnaught! ;)

If we both make it, I will be there!  Yes, it's Soooo Hot....  You know the rest, lol.

14 hours ago, Nulli Secundus said:

That tells me if Venice doesn't win it all (and get that CAI monkey off their backs), 2023 will be a disappointment.  Will the Indians rise to the challenge?  We will see!  Like last year, I'm rooting for you guys up until you face Lakeland if that even happens.  Gotta get by those damn Kowboys, possibly twice.  Gonna be a fun season!

Pesky Kowboys:lol:

34 minutes ago, VeniceIndianFan said:

They’re not quite pesky like a mosquito, they’re more like a wrecking ball to a wooden house!  The Kowboys have serious potential to crash 4S plans of a Lakeland vs Venice rematch. 

Agree with the potential analysis but will depend on the development of the young players so will keep my powder dry withholding any crazy pronouncements.  Seeing is believing and we aren't there yet. 

34 minutes ago, Ray Icaza said:

Agree with the potential analysis but will depend on the development of the young players so will keep my powder dry withholding any crazy pronouncements.  Seeing is believing and we aren't there yet. 

Your offensive line alone can take you to the championship. Experience is invaluable anywhere on the field, but arguably none more so than on the offensive line where another year in the weight room can work wonders for your team. Without an offensive line, you don’t have an offense. Osceola’s entire offensive line has experience. That can’t be understated. 

That’s not a crazy pronouncement, it’s an objective truth to anyone who follows football that Osceola is a threat to Venice/Lakeland/Manatee/Bartram Trail winning 4S and should be treated as such. Have faith in your team! On any given Friday, anyone can be beaten! 

21 minutes ago, VeniceIndianFan said:

Your offensive line alone can take you to the championship. Experience is invaluable anywhere on the field, but arguably none more so than on the offensive line where another year in the weight room can work wonders for your team. Without an offensive line, you don’t have an offense. Osceola’s entire offensive line has experience. That can’t be understated. 

That’s not a crazy pronouncement, it’s an objective truth to anyone who follows football that Osceola is a threat to Venice/Lakeland/Manatee/Bartram Trail winning 4S and should be treated as such. Have faith in your team! On any given Friday, anyone can be beaten! 

To me it isn't that I lack faith, just know we have unknowns on the defensive side which doesn't mean deficiencies.   Last year that defense at every level I knew based on the previous years could go toe to toe with anyone.  Several people on this forum stated Lakeland would blow all opponents away and I assured them that wouldn't include us and was laughed at.  We lost the first game 25-22 and they did seem like the better team.  We also lost the semi 14-7, but I thought we appeared to be the better team or at worst matched them at every turn outside our giveaways.  Both games took place at their place.  But the goal is to be in that championship game.

On 7/23/2023 at 12:18 AM, Ray Icaza said:

To me it isn't that I lack faith, just know we have unknowns on the defensive side which doesn't mean deficiencies.   Last year that defense at every level I knew based on the previous years could go toe to toe with anyone.  Several people on this forum stated Lakeland would blow all opponents away and I assured them that wouldn't include us and was laughed at.  We lost the first game 25-22 and they did seem like the better team.  We also lost the semi 14-7, but I thought we appeared to be the better team or at worst matched them at every turn outside our giveaways.  Both games took place at their place.  But the goal is to be in that championship game.

with the unproven qb play, Swint set to sit out the first 4 weeks or possibly more, 4 new starters on the dl and 3 in the secondary,  id say alot of questions are coming out of ktown....and will they be able to uphold the tradition of that school.  im not so sure.

32 minutes ago, h8r said:

with the unproven qb play, Swint set to sit out the first 4 weeks or possibly more, 4 new starters on the dl and 3 in the secondary,  id say alot of questions are coming out of ktown....and will they be able to uphold the tradition of that school.  im not so sure.

So, you're saying that Kissimmee Osceola still has one of the top offensive lines in the state, their returning RB when he returns, and 5 defensive starters with experience? 

2 hours ago, h8r said:

You are correct about the QB play being unproved, but that doesn't mean it will be deficient.  I also don't agree with you on your assessment of Swint so that remains to be seen, but we have a couple of young RB's that will surprise.  And finally, the D line returns 1 starter (Alamo) but an additional 3 with extensive varsity playing time against topflight competition.  One of those, a sophomore started and played the complete regional final (Vero) and state semi-final (Lakeland) for an injured senior starter plus several other youngsters ready to make their mark on a traditional OHS strength (the D Line).  Those are questions, now will we have the answers??

2 hours ago, VeniceIndianFan said:

So, you're saying that Kissimmee Osceola still has one of the top offensive lines in the state, their returning RB when he returns, and 5 defensive starters with experience? 

Defense returns 4 "Starters" plus 4 others with significant varsity experience.  They also will have a couple freshmen soon to be sophomores that could have a breakout year.  Will they be as stout as last year?   Probably not.  Could the offense be more explosive than last year?  Probably so. 

53 minutes ago, Ray Icaza said:

Defense returns 4 "Starters" plus 4 others with significant varsity experience.  They also will have a couple freshmen soon to be sophomores that could have a breakout year.  Will they be as stout as last year?   Probably not.  Could the offense be more explosive than last year?  Probably so. 

Exactly. This is not a bad starting point at all. 

10 hours ago, Ray Icaza said:

To quote Coach EP......... "Rosters change, expectations Don't".

(how this quote should read) Rosters change, expectations don't... if you get transfers in, otherwise you actually have to develop players and go through their growing pains while they develop

1 hour ago, PinellasFB said:

(how this quote should read) Rosters change, expectations don't... if you get transfers in, otherwise you actually have to develop players and go through their growing pains while they develop

I would agree with that assessment, with the key component being you have to "Develop Players and go through the Growing Pains while they Develop".  That is exactly what we have done for decades with a strong youth league, fielding teams 8u, 10u, 12u &14u.  That does get us some players zoned for other schools as incoming freshmen, while not multiple transfers their junior or senior years.  In fact, recent history has shown more of those kids transferring out as upperclassmen to other local schools in larger numbers than those transferring in mostly for starting opportunities.   So I hope sir, it wasn't your intent to categorize our school with those you rage about stealing "QUALITY" players from surrounding teams year after year in numbers.  In other words, "CHEATING".

3 hours ago, Ray Icaza said:

I would agree with that assessment, with the key component being you have to "Develop Players and go through the Growing Pains while they Develop".  That is exactly what we have done for decades with a strong youth league, fielding teams 8u, 10u, 12u &14u.  That does get us some players zoned for other schools as incoming freshmen, while not multiple transfers their junior or senior years.  In fact, recent history has shown more of those kids transferring out as upperclassmen to other local schools in larger numbers than those transferring in mostly for starting opportunities.   So I hope sir, it wasn't your intent to categorize our school with those you rage about stealing "QUALITY" players from surrounding teams year after year in numbers.  In other words, "CHEATING".

Oh no, I wasn't singling anybody out and honestly I admire the Kowboy program because that is how you build a program and develop players by having a strong affiliated youth program, which they most certainly do.  That's they right way to build and sustain a program and I am most certainly at peace with some programs at a significant athlete advantage because of their location.  That's life and you play the cards dealt to you.  I just loathe the programs that "rebuild" by stealing players developed by other schools but we all know this is a dead horse subject even though I seem to keep beating that horse lol.

33 minutes ago, PinellasFB said:

Oh no, I wasn't singling anybody out and honestly I admire the Kowboy program because that is how you build a program and develop players by having a strong affiliated youth program, which they most certainly do.  That's they right way to build and sustain a program and I am most certainly at peace with some programs at a significant athlete advantage because of their location.  That's life and you play the cards dealt to you.  I just loathe the programs that "rebuild" by stealing players developed by other schools but we all know this is a dead horse subject even though I seem to keep beating that horse lol.

The other component that should be of emphasis is stability in the coaching staff.  Too many teams rely heavily on trying to find the "Hot Coach" rather than one that will invest in the program, build his staff and stay loyal to the program.  We have also been blessed that way after figuring it out a couple of decades ago.  Our current HC was an excellent RB for our school, got a college scholarship and returned home to help young men in our community with discipline, dedication, hard work and love.  A long-time assistant before taking over the head job a few years ago and he oozes Blue & Gold..  If coaches jump at the first opportunity that appears better on the surface, why shouldn't his kids. 

5 minutes ago, Ray Icaza said:

The other component that should be of emphasis is stability in the coaching staff.  Too many teams rely heavily on trying to find the "Hot Coach" rather than one that will invest in the program, build his staff and stay loyal to the program.  We have also been blessed that way after figuring it out a couple of decades ago.  Our current HC was an excellent RB for our school, got a college scholarship and returned home to help young men in our community with discipline, dedication, hard work and love.  A long-time assistant before taking over the head job a few years ago and he oozes Blue & Gold..  If coaches jump at the first opportunity that appears better on the surface, why shouldn't his kids. 

i know a guy whos best friends cousin is friends with a guy whos related to the nephew of one of the guys that knows some of the people who go to ktown games and he said that the staff is divided, hasnt been togheter 1 time all summer, that the OC was fired or quit and that the hc was ready to hang em up becuase he loves track more than football.

but,

thats just what he heard so its likely untrue.  but thats who also said swint was out 4 weeks at minimum and maybe more.....

On 7/26/2023 at 1:36 PM, h8r said:

i know a guy whos best friends cousin is friends with a guy whos related to the nephew of one of the guys that knows some of the people who go to ktown games and he said that the staff is divided, hasnt been togheter 1 time all summer, that the OC was fired or quit and that the hc was ready to hang em up becuase he loves track more than football.

but,

thats just what he heard so its likely untrue.  but thats who also said swint was out 4 weeks at minimum and maybe more.....

So, you know a guy, who knows a guy, who knows a guy, who knows a guy, who knows a guy, who knows a guy, who knows a few other guys, that thinks that Kissimmee Osceola's coaching staff is falling apart, Coach Pinellas is just going to up and leave the program for no reason, and that he likes track more than football?! No holes in that story whatsoever. :ph34r:

53 minutes ago, VeniceIndianFan said:

So, you know a guy, who knows a guy, who knows a guy, who knows a guy, who knows a guy, who knows a guy, who knows a few other guys, that thinks that Kissimmee Osceola's coaching staff is falling apart, Coach Pinellas is just going to up and leave the program for no reason, and that he likes track more than football?! No holes in that story whatsoever. :ph34r:

Don't you think he was just trying to pull my chain??

20 hours ago, VeniceIndianFan said:

alright, guess this is all untrue too.  im sure ray will chime in.......

about a month ago the OC was fired/quit for a disagreement between him and EP, stating that EP was playing the wrong qb.....then at the recent 7v7 when osceola was beat a few times and handly by some local squads they trounce in regular season(yes its just 7 v7), ol coach trying to call plays and it was abysmal to say the least add that only 3 or 4 coaches were even in attendance....ep basically called chad and asked him to come back, he needed him.....

lots of holes in that one......

On 7/28/2023 at 10:11 AM, h8r said:

alright, guess this is all untrue too.  im sure ray will chime in.......

about a month ago the OC was fired/quit for a disagreement between him and EP, stating that EP was playing the wrong qb.....then at the recent 7v7 when osceola was beat a few times and handly by some local squads they trounce in regular season(yes its just 7 v7), ol coach trying to call plays and it was abysmal to say the least add that only 3 or 4 coaches were even in attendance....ep basically called chad and asked him to come back, he needed him.....

lots of holes in that one......

Don't know about the situation with Chad and don't care.  Your comment that the coaching staff is falling apart is laughable as I attend a couple voluntary practices every week and they are there in force.  I haven't seen any of the 7v7 games as they have never been our cup of tea.  For years the critics have pointed to our poor performance in that venue to only have us dominate most teams in the regular season (not a well-kept secret we are a running attack).  As far as the QB situation, my understanding is that it is an open competition (like last year) and who knows which one will win out.  Last year it even carried into the season where week to week it was fluid.  Just in the last couple of days I read where one of our assistant coaches (LB/DB) commented that he is happy this 7 on 7 shit is over.  Now let's go play some FOOTBALL!!  Not "ANY HOLES" in these facts. 

2 hours ago, Ray Icaza said:

Your comment that the coaching staff is falling apart is laughable as I attend a couple voluntary practices every week and they are there in force.

Ray, I'm not trying to get anyone in trouble, but this comment is confusing to me.   Voluntary practices over the summer with players and coaches? How?

41 minutes ago, Perspective said:

Ray, I'm not trying to get anyone in trouble, but this comment is confusing to me.   Voluntary practices over the summer with players and coaches? How?

Again, focusing on semantics.  WORKOUTS, weight lifting and sprints (running).   Ask that question to the other 500 teams around the state doing the same thing.