Anybody know the story behind Miami Central's T.A. Cunningham?

PinellasFB

10 hours ago, PinellasFB said:

4-star DL now playing for his fourth HS in four years and seems to be travelling coast to coast to play.  How does this guy manage to retain eligibility?  Are there any actual transfer eligibility rules anymore?

https://247sports.com/player/ta-cunningham-46111950/

Not sure about GA rules, but the kid went from private to public in Atlanta.  Then across the country to LA, and eventually back to Miami.  I would like to believe that was more of a "family" decision but in today's climate, who knows.

The story of this young man's journey is really a sordid tale, which can be gleaned in further detail in the Los Angeles Times, The Athletic, or ESPN.com.  It's definitely a cautionary tale of what could happen if NIL makes its way to the high school level.

He recently committed to Penn State, so hopefully he has better times ahead.  

21 hours ago, Nulli Secundus said:

Not sure about GA rules, but the kid went from private to public in Atlanta.  Then across the country to LA, and eventually back to Miami.  I would like to believe that was more of a "family" decision but in today's climate, who knows.

There’s no way those were family decisions that would scream unfit parenting with ZERO foundation. 

sadly the parents today have no control the kids tell them what they’re doing , so if the kid makes it big later they can be one of the first ones to reap the financial benefits. 

3 hours ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

There’s no way those were family decisions that would scream unfit parenting with ZERO foundation. 

sadly the parents today have no control the kids tell them what they’re doing , so if the kid makes it big later they can be one of the first ones to reap the financial benefits. 

That is a shame indeed.  As a father of two teenagers, "I WISH" one of them had the nerves to dictate who rules the roost.  Their last days in my house, TO START...

At this point we're just beating a dead horse. The FHSAA has proven over, and over, and over, and over again, that they do not care about any of this nonsense. Too many classifications, no punishment for actively recruiting transfers, 40+ point playoff blowouts, the original 1A getting screwed by a cactus with Madison County remaining in 1R, and no leadership whatsoever. Football at the high school level is starting to decay.