WEEK 1 PREDICTIONS

THIS_IS_DILLARD

4 minutes ago, SportsFan said:

This is something that should be reported but I'm guessing the only ones who can report it is the (kid/parent) being texted so if they wanted out anyway they gonna keep their mouth shut 

I believe anyone can still anonymously report a recruiting violation to the FHSAA, but I wouldn't recommend holding your breath and expecting quick action. 

6 minutes ago, Perspective said:

I believe anyone can still anonymously report a recruiting violation to the FHSAA, but I wouldn't recommend holding your breath and expecting quick action. 

Most def gotta be from within and from a credible source for action to be took. But it has spread like wildfire so much and the kids parents and coaching have got so crafty it’s hard to maintain it all. 

20 hours ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

man week 1 is about 3 weeks away and it’s taking forever so let’s get some predictions going.

im going to give mine & you guys give yours. 

SJB @ STA - SJB 28 STA 21 

WESTERN @ MILTON - MILTON 24-17 

ST JOHNS DC @ AMERICAN HERITAGE- ST JOHNS 24 AHP 21 

ST FRANCIS @ CHAMINADE - CHAMINADE 42 ST FRANCIS 35

MIA CENTRAL @ BISHOP GORMAN - CENTRAL 49 BISHOP GORMAN 17

MIAMI NORTHWESTERN @ VERO - MNW 42 VERO 21

MIAMI NORLAND @ LAKELAND - MIAMI NORLAND 27 LAKELAND 21

STRANAHAN @ DILLARD - 35 STRANAHAN 14

HIGHLAND SPRINGS @ MIRAMAR - don’t know anything about highland springs so for right now I’ll say MIRAMAR 28 HIGHLAND SPRINGS 14

COCOA @ JONES - JONES 21 COCOA 14 

ARMWOOD @ VENICE - VENICE 35 ARMWOOD 14

COLUMBUS @ CAI - COLUMBUS 38 CAI 28

HOMESTEAD @ PALMETTO - HOMESTEAD 28 PLAMETTO 14

CARDINAL GIBBONS (FTL) @ CARDINAL GIBBONS (NC) - CARDINAL GIBBONS (FTL) 21 CG(NC) 14

Picks look right on Panther!

2 hours ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

Yes that’s the Milton out of Ga that’s gonna be a great game.

as for Dillard yeah we lost a couple players in the transfer portal and we’re fielding a new but experienced head coach who knows how to win. Dillard also has a lot of unknown talent on the field. 

I put 35-14 because I want to see how all of this gel together. I think Dillard is still gonna be very solid & they look really good in winning a few  7on7s but just played it safe for now with the prediction. 

Question: How many HC has Dillard had the last 10 years(2013)?

29 minutes ago, Jullian said:

Question: How many HC has Dillard had the last 10 years(2013)?

Coach Lorenzo Davis (2012-17)

coach torriano Morgan (2018) then left for a college gig after going 8-3 with Dillard 

My brother Eddie frasier (2019) took Dillard to their first undefeated regular season in school history and to the regional finals for the first time since 2000

coach Tate (2019- 2023) 

18 minutes ago, SportsFan said:

Normally I'm more ahead of the game but things been hectic so I'm behind the eight ball 

I'll hold off until I see how teams look In the early weeks 

Got ya. I asked because I think we’re gonna see a few upsets this year. All the teams that’s penciled in to automatically go back to state and win it won’t be there iMO 

Does STA play a pre-season/kickoff classic game?   If so, it's not showing up on the MaxPreps schedule.   STA's Week 1 opponent, St. John Bosco, plays what appears on its face to be a pretty competitive game on 8/18.   Yeah, SJB will be traveling and Florida heat is different than California heat, but having a game under their belt likely will give SJB an advantage against STA if, in fact, STA doesn't play a Week 0 game. 

2 hours ago, Perspective said:

The following is from the FHSAA's website (FAQ section):

Allegations and Complaints

How do I file an allegation of cheating, recruiting, or an impermissible benefit?

Please contact a member of the eligibility and compliance department or complete the allegation form. Please note, that while you are not required to provide contact information or sign your name, anonymous allegations will make the review process significantly longer.   

How do I file a complaint on the FHSAA? 

Please contact the Public Liaison Advisory Committee (PLAC) at publicinput@fhsaa.org

47 minutes ago, Perspective said:

Does STA play a pre-season/kickoff classic game?   If so, it's not showing up on the MaxPreps schedule.   STA's Week 1 opponent, St. John Bosco, plays what appears on its face to be a pretty competitive game on 8/18.   Yeah, SJB will be traveling and Florida heat is different than California heat, but having a game under their belt likely will give SJB an advantage against STA if, in fact, STA doesn't play a Week 0 game. 

Aquinas is going to beat SJB. In fact, I think the game will be settled late in the 3rd quarter. STA 35 SJB 17

49 minutes ago, Perspective said:

STA didnt play Kickoff classics in 2021 and beat SFA convincingly 

12 hours ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

No did YOU watch the game. Because the game I saw was a back and forth defensive 2nd half until the pick 6. If central dominated the second half then it wouldn’t have took that pick 6 for them to win it or did you forget that img was leading 14-13 BEFORE the pick 6. 

neither offense could do anything Vs other defense which is what usually happens when you have to great teams with two great defenses.

but the point still stands take away that pick 6 which took place with 3 min left in the 4th Qt where the central player dropped the ball b4 crossing the goal line and img wins this game 14-13. 

in the fist half yea, 2nd half img had negative yardage while central was moving the ball at will. Go back & rewatch if you think Im lying. the score doesn’t reflect it so much but if you really played/watch football you’d know. 

11 minutes ago, cribboy305 said:

in the fist half yea, 2nd half img had negative yardage while central was moving the ball at will. Go back & rewatch if you think Im lying. the score doesn’t reflect it so much but if you really played/watch football you’d know. 

Miami central left points off the board, could of put 30 or 40 on IMG last year 

3 hours ago, VeniceIndianFan said:

Aquinas is going to beat SJB. In fact, I think the game will be settled late in the 3rd quarter. STA 35 SJB 17

Based on your observations of each of these teams' fall practices, what areas do you anticipate STA forging an advantage that carries them to victory? Personally, I haven't seen either of these teams practice, nor did either play a spring game. So, I'm not really sure how I could have an opinion either way.

3 hours ago, Vero Indian said:

STA didnt play Kickoff classics in 2021 and beat SFA convincingly 

It was not really a convincing win. STA had more or less a hail mary TD at the end of the first half, a gift fumble in the endz zone for a TD, and an SFA turnover inside the 5 yard line. It was an impressive win, but not a convincing one.