WEEK 1 PREDICTIONS

THIS_IS_DILLARD

15 hours ago, Nulli Secundus said:

You don't have to see it.  Underestimate at your own peril.  Me and my ex-wife (Norland grad) have a bet right now on the outcome of this game.  She's talking mad $hit too, lol.  What has Norland done lately?  Please don't think transfers equal success, especially against Lakeland.  

Very true cant deny norland hasn’t done anything as of late. But what can you really do facing central the west & carol city every year? Big hump to get over. nontheless I follow polk sports to a degree & know this game could go either way. gotta stir the pot

5 hours ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

If I’m not mistaken I think norland only has one title , that 15-0 season In 2015. 

but I agree if norland blows out Lakeland then I say they have the potential to have a great year. Even tho I don’t think it would be enough still to unseat central but in another district maybe or most likely. 

but hey who knows Lakeland May thump norland and then we’re high praising the dreadnaughts lol. Despite who wins I see it being a great game plus it counts 

you are mistaken that was 2011 they won state wit duke , the other was 02 i think with guys like dwayne bo & kareem brown. 

On 8/6/2023 at 5:19 PM, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

man week 1 is about 3 weeks away and it’s taking forever so let’s get some predictions going.

im going to give mine & you guys give yours. 

SJB @ STA - SJB 28 STA 21 

WESTERN @ MILTON - MILTON 24-17 

ST JOHNS DC @ AMERICAN HERITAGE- ST JOHNS 24 AHP 21 

ST FRANCIS @ CHAMINADE - CHAMINADE 42 ST FRANCIS 35

MIA CENTRAL @ BISHOP GORMAN - CENTRAL 49 BISHOP GORMAN 17

MIAMI NORTHWESTERN @ VERO - MNW 42 VERO 21

MIAMI NORLAND @ LAKELAND - MIAMI NORLAND 27 LAKELAND 21

STRANAHAN @ DILLARD - 35 STRANAHAN 14

HIGHLAND SPRINGS @ MIRAMAR - don’t know anything about highland springs so for right now I’ll say MIRAMAR 28 HIGHLAND SPRINGS 14

COCOA @ JONES - JONES 21 COCOA 14 

ARMWOOD @ VENICE - VENICE 35 ARMWOOD 14

COLUMBUS @ CAI - COLUMBUS 38 CAI 28

HOMESTEAD @ PALMETTO - HOMESTEAD 28 PLAMETTO 14

CARDINAL GIBBONS (FTL) @ CARDINAL GIBBONS (NC) - CARDINAL GIBBONS (FTL) 21 CG(NC) 14

Sta by 7

western by 1

heritage by 14

chaminade by 21

central by 21

the west smashes vero. no comp

norland & lakeland goes down to the wire. norland pulls it off

dillard by 7

miramar by 13

cocoa by 7

venice by 35

columbus by 14

homestead by 14

ftl gibbons by 40. never heard of those other guys, plus they from north carolina. 

7 hours ago, cribboy305 said:

Sta by 7

western by 1

heritage by 14

chaminade by 21

central by 21

the west smashes vero. no comp

norland & lakeland goes down to the wire. norland pulls it off

dillard by 7

miramar by 13

cocoa by 7

venice by 35

columbus by 14

homestead by 14

ftl gibbons by 40. never heard of those other guys, plus they from north carolina. 

Idk about that heritage pick bro heritage is really young and inexperienced this year even tho coaches said this year they won’t be the heritage of old so with this game being so early in the year heritage May be in trouble. But we will see. 

On 8/6/2023 at 2:19 PM, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

man week 1 is about 3 weeks away and it’s taking forever so let’s get some predictions going.

im going to give mine & you guys give yours. 

SJB @ STA - SJB 28 STA 21 

WESTERN @ MILTON - MILTON 24-17 

ST JOHNS DC @ AMERICAN HERITAGE- ST JOHNS 24 AHP 21 

ST FRANCIS @ CHAMINADE - CHAMINADE 42 ST FRANCIS 35

MIA CENTRAL @ BISHOP GORMAN - CENTRAL 49 BISHOP GORMAN 17

MIAMI NORTHWESTERN @ VERO - MNW 42 VERO 21

MIAMI NORLAND @ LAKELAND - MIAMI NORLAND 27 LAKELAND 21

STRANAHAN @ DILLARD - 35 STRANAHAN 14

HIGHLAND SPRINGS @ MIRAMAR - don’t know anything about highland springs so for right now I’ll say MIRAMAR 28 HIGHLAND SPRINGS 14

COCOA @ JONES - JONES 21 COCOA 14 

ARMWOOD @ VENICE - VENICE 35 ARMWOOD 14

COLUMBUS @ CAI - COLUMBUS 38 CAI 28

HOMESTEAD @ PALMETTO - HOMESTEAD 28 PLAMETTO 14

CARDINAL GIBBONS (FTL) @ CARDINAL GIBBONS (NC) - CARDINAL GIBBONS (FTL) 21 CG(NC) 14

I wasn't going to touch this before Kickoff Classics, as I think it's dumb to pick these games before those are played. But, others have made their picks so I will too. I will change some/all of these after KOCs, and encourage others to do the same.

STA 12, SJB 10

Milton 38, Western 31

AHP 22, SJC 21

SFA 39, Chaminade 38

Bishop Gorman 42, Miami Central 24

Vero 29, MNW 24

Norland 2,178, Lakeland -6 (that's a negative 6)

Dillard 13, Stranahan 6

Jones 28, Cocoa 23

Venice 4,349, Armwood 28

CAI 31, Columbus 20

Homestead 32, Palmetto 10

4 hours ago, Longtime Observer said:

I wasn't going to touch this before Kickoff Classics, as I think it's dumb to pick these games before those are played. But, others have made their picks so I will too. I will change some/all of these after KOCs, and encourage others to do the same.

STA 12, SJB 10

Milton 38, Western 31

AHP 22, SJC 21

SFA 39, Chaminade 38

Vero 29, MNW 24

Dillard 13, Stranahan 6

Jones 28, Cocoa 23

Venice 4,349, Armwood 28

CAI 31, Columbus 20

It’s gonna be quite interesting to see who was close to being the most accurate by next week , depending on this week tho a lot of people might be singing a complete diff tune bout certain teams lol. 

9 hours ago, Longtime Observer said:

STA 12, SJB 10

Milton 38, Western 31

AHP 22, SJC 21

SFA 39, Chaminade 38

Vero 29, MNW 24

Dillard 13, Stranahan 6

Jones 28, Cocoa 23

Venice 4,349, Armwood 28

CAI 31, Columbus 20

I'll take Lakeland and Armwood and the points for whatever the house limit is.  B) 

On 8/14/2023 at 3:12 PM, cribboy305 said:

Very true cant deny norland hasn’t done anything as of late. But what can you really do facing central the west & carol city every year? Big hump to get over. nontheless I follow polk sports to a degree & know this game could go either way. gotta stir the pot

Keep it comin' man.  I pull for everyone (305 included) as long as they aren't playing Lakeland or another Polk school, lol.  

8 minutes ago, Nulli Secundus said:

Keep it comin' man.  I pull for everyone (305 included) as long as they aren't playing Lakeland or another Polk school, lol.  

Carol city has been a shell of themselves for almost a decade. 

in reference to them being in the same district as MNW & central I give them no sympathy, because nobody give Dillard any sympathy for being in the same central as #4 nationally ranked STA. 

nobody gave Dillard sympathy or made excuses for us when we had to host loaded nationally ranked carol city teams and Miami central teams in the first round as a district champion.

so with that said no excuses they just didn’t get it done. They have a solid loaded team this year, a lot of transfers let’s see what they do it with it. 

1 hour ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

Carol city has been a shell of themselves for almost a decade. 

in reference to them being in the same district as MNW & central I give them no sympathy, because nobody give Dillard any sympathy for being in the same central as #4 nationally ranked STA. 

nobody gave Dillard sympathy or made excuses for us when we had to host loaded nationally ranked carol city teams and Miami central teams in the first round as a district champion.

so with that said no excuses they just didn’t get it done. They have a solid loaded team this year, a lot of transfers let’s see what they do it with it. 

almost a decade is crazy wordage. frm 2014-2019 cc was a good team. No excuses made I was referring to Nulli asking what has norland done of late. Just chill.

21 hours ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

Idk about that heritage pick bro heritage is really young and inexperienced this year even tho coaches said this year they won’t be the heritage of old so with this game being so early in the year heritage May be in trouble. But we will see. 

I can respect that, Its a tossup. I believe heritage got a lot of fire power that st johns wont be able to stop just like with chaminade. We shall see soon enough

What has happened in the past doesn’t matter now. Norland has a real chance against Miami Central and they need to jump on it *NOW* while they are fielding (maybe) their best team ever. The light is about to turn green and Norland really needs to have a good start and improve every single week in anticipation of meeting Central in the playoffs. Because if they don’t, who knows when this situation will present itself again? 

1 hour ago, Longtime Observer said:

Norland just got ANOTHER transfer, this time a highly recruited WR/DB from Miami Central. Jamari Howard. Even with the annual wild west shuffling of players, Norland has to be at or near a record for transfers in one season. I believe they've hit thirty (30). 

Best team ever I wouldn’t go that far but they are predicted to be field a team very very good for the first time in over a decade but I don’t think they’re gonna b a threat to central but with rivals you never know I’m just ready for the season to start. 

1 hour ago, Longtime Observer said:

Norland just got ANOTHER transfer, this time a highly recruited WR/DB from Miami Central. Jamari Howard. Even with the annual wild west shuffling of players, Norland has to be at or near a record for transfers in one season. I believe they've hit thirty (30). 

i had no idea, thats crazy they continue to add peices. He must have been there for a few weeks & their just now announcing. 

1 hour ago, cribboy305 said:

i had no idea, thats crazy they continue to add peices. He must have been there for a few weeks & their just now announcing. 

It would be nice if the hudl rosters were updated for these teams. Most all of them are missing key names that I know are there. There's basically nowhere to go to find complete rosters, so it's hard to get a full, accurate read on what these teams are playing with.

9 hours ago, Longtime Observer said:

It would be nice if the hudl rosters were updated for these teams. Most all of them are missing key names that I know are there. There's basically nowhere to go to find complete rosters, so it's hard to get a full, accurate read on what these teams are playing with.

I'm pretty sure HUDL has to rely on coaches/team administrators to prepare and update the rosters (who else is going to do it?).   Some coaches are just lazy, while others like to play little games and hold back information until the last minute. 

Now, if the FHSAA were to tell everyone that players must be on their HUDL rosters at least 15-20 days before they become eligible to play in a game, things might change.   But I don't see that happening.   

12 hours ago, Longtime Observer said:

I'd be interested in the back story here.   Isn't every WR/DB on Miami Central "highly recruited?"  :P

Is this particular kid not getting starting reps at MC?  Like, even when MC is running the spread or splitting out 2 receivers on each side, this kid, as good as he may be, is still on the sidelines?  Or even when the defense is in a nickle package, the kid is still on the bench? If that's the case, and in this environment, I guess I can understand why the kid might want to transfer so that he can get game reps and improve his chances of getting a scholarship. 

54 minutes ago, Perspective said:

I'd be interested in the back story here.   Isn't every WR/DB on Miami Central "highly recruited?"  :P

According to the "Central Perspective" on social media since the earth shattering news:

1. "He's not built for them, they practice too hard"

2. "They are his 3rd HS", i.e. No honor among thieves

3. "Boy looks scared of competition"

4. "He has bad footwork"

5. He's afraid of contact"

6. "UM worked him out and thinks he's overrated"

P.S. We have 27 other "move-ins" to take up the slack

:rolleyes:

9 minutes ago, LakelandGator said:

According to the "Central Perspective" on social media since the earth shattering news:

1. "He's not built for them, they practice too hard"

2. "They are his 3rd HS", i.e. No honor among thieves

3. "Boy looks scared of competition"

4. "He has bad footwork"

5. He's afraid of contact"

6. "UM worked him out and thinks he's overrated"

P.S. We have 27 other "move-ins" to take up the slack

:rolleyes:

Sounds like that guy we all knew from high school after his girlfriend broke up with him:  "I didn't really like her any way.  She really wasn't that pretty and she was a lousy kisser.  I'm better off without her." 

3 hours ago, Perspective said:

Sounds like that guy we all knew from high school after his girlfriend broke up with him:  "I didn't really like her any way.  She really wasn't that pretty and she was a lousy kisser.  I'm better off without her." 

This is sad actually. Just goes to show the true love & care for these kids is going out the window, as the coaches it’s what can you do for me & my program , & once I get that or no longer need you then I don’t care what you do. Smh

4 hours ago, Perspective said:

Is this particular kid not getting starting reps at MC?  Like, even when MC is running the spread or splitting out 2 receivers on each side, this kid, as good as he may be, is still on the sidelines?  Or even when the defense is in a nickle package, the kid is still on the bench? If that's the case, and in this environment, I guess I can understand why the kid might want to transfer so that he can get game reps and improve his chances of getting a scholarship. 

Sadly this is gonna be happening a lot more in the coming days. It’s only 11 men on the field at a time & when you get 35+ transfers added to the talented team you already had ALOT of players who came to play is gonna ride the bench , then the next year they’re gonna transfer to yet another school. 

1 hour ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

Sadly this is gonna be happening a lot more in the coming days. It’s only 11 men on the field at a time & when you get 35+ transfers added to the talented team you already had ALOT of players who came to play is gonna ride the bench , then the next year they’re gonna transfer to yet another school. 

Yep.  It's almost like someone could have anticipated that this was going to happen.   :rolleyes: