When does Maxpreps release their state of FL preseason rankings?

PinellasFB

22 hours ago, nolebull813 said:

Who are the top teams in Pinellas? Lakewood and CCC? 

It's the usual suspects, Lakewood, CCC, Largo and Calvary.  I don't count Clearwater Academy International since they're a bunch of cheating independents who are trying to raise their school profile through football so screw em.  Anyway, I also expect Clearwater and East Lake to be in rebuilding mode and have down years, although ELHS did recruit a crazy good incoming freshman QB.  St. Pete HS might be a surprise team but they are a one man show at QB (Jeff Jones, a Mike Vick clone) and don't have any one else on that team.  Pinellas Park HS is usually pretty good but I don't have a read on them this year.  

1 hour ago, LakelandGator said:

I'm curious, how are they cheating?

Meh, I don't have any info other than importing players from around the country (er, world) is usually not on the straight and narrow path like the rest of us.  Whatever, it works for them and it works for the players and they usually don't steal from the local teams like the other local privates so I shouldn't be hating like I do but importing D1 prospects from far away distances just isn't in the spirit of HS football.

Clearwater Academy has a formula of allowing kids from mainly Canada and in part Europe to come board and play American football. Coach Chinchar started a few years back as an 8 man team, and has grown into a quality football program who is pumping kids to the next level and beyond. And they might not have had that opportunity if not for CAI. They don’t compete in the FHSAA so they don’t have the same restrictions. Teams know exactly what they are getting when they play them. They are not IMG in terms of level of play. Lakeland beat them by 35 two years ago. 

I have met their head coach numerous times in person and have corresponded with him for years over text and email. He’s a good dude and does right by his players 

11 hours ago, PinellasFB said:

Meh, I don't have any info other than importing players from around the country (er, world) is usually not on the straight and narrow path like the rest of us.  Whatever, it works for them and it works for the players and they usually don't steal from the local teams like the other local privates so I shouldn't be hating like I do but importing D1 prospects from far away distances just isn't in the spirit of HS football.

In other words they are doing what 99% of the other bigtime programs are doing, sans the room and board.

2 hours ago, nolebull813 said:

Clearwater Academy has a formula of allowing kids from mainly Canada and in part Europe to come board and play American football. Coach Chinchar started a few years back as an 8 man team, and has grown into a quality football program who is pumping kids to the next level and beyond. And they might not have had that opportunity if not for CAI. They don’t compete in the FHSAA so they don’t have the same restrictions. Teams know exactly what they are getting when they play them. They are not IMG in terms of level of play. Lakeland beat them by 35 two years ago. 

I have met their head coach numerous times in person and have corresponded with him for years over text and email. He’s a good dude and does right by his players 

It's not often(like never) that you say something worth liking, but I give you a thumbs up for this post.

However Lakeland winning by 35 was a minor fluke, the Naughts were good but not 35+ better. CAI is easily a Top 10 program in Fla and getting better each year.

Lakeland caught fire scoring 3 TDs in the first 5 minutes of the game on various unexpected events and it snowballed on CAI.

46 minutes ago, LakelandGator said:

It's not often(like never) that you say something worth liking, but I give you a thumbs up for this post.

However Lakeland winning by 35 was a minor fluke, the Naughts were good but not 35+ better. CAI is easily a Top 10 program in Fla and getting better each year.

They caught fire scoring 2 TDs in the first 5 minutes of the game on various unexpected events and it snowballed on CAI.

Hey I always have likable posts!!! 

3 hours ago, LakelandGator said:

In other words they are doing what 99% of the other bigtime programs are doing, sans the room and board.

More like they are doing what other programs are doing but on steroids and backed by church of scientology bottomless pit of money.  Kind of a distinction IMO.

2 hours ago, PinellasFB said:

More like they are doing what other programs are doing but on steroids and backed by church of scientology bottomless pit of money.  Kind of a distinction IMO.

There’s a huge difference. All of their players are coming from Canada and Europe with the exception of a very few. Their whole operation is based on international players. Hence Clearwater Academy International. 

A lot of players who come down are physically gifted but still raw to the game of American football because they haven’t been exposed to it at the same level kids here have. I highly doubt the little league football programs in Canada, Germany and Italy are operating like they do here if they even have them. 

This team doesn’t hide who they are. They operate this way, and the coaches and AD’s who feel comfortable schedule them do, and the ones who don’t, don’t. 

I will tell you this, they get a slew of kids to the next level so if you play them chances are it is going to be in front of a decent amount of college scouts. 

That’s what I told the teams in Pasco. You gotta go and find some quality opponents in Tampa, Lakeland and Orlando. Because you’re doing your kids a disservice by not getting them any exposure at all. If a college scout is coming to the Tampa area, they aren’t wasting their time. They are gonna go where the most talent is. So you gotta schedule the teams with the most studs so they come see your players too. 

Lance McCullers was a pitcher at Jesuit, who plays for the Houston Astros, and I remember going to one of his high school games. When he pitched about 30 guys behind home plate had radar guns to test the pitch speed. Whenever the opponent pitched, they did the same thing. The opponent got free exposure to all the college scouts because they were all there for McClullers but got to stay for him. 

3 hours ago, PinellasFB said:

Kind of a distinction IMO.

Distinction for whom?

They get what 2 kids max from the local area? They get don't get money from your local school board to my knowledge? 

Let us know when they get 25 transfers from the Pinellas area. Then we talked "cheating", "steroids" or any other label you can come up with.

2 minutes ago, LakelandGator said:

Distinction for whom?

They get what 2 kids max from the local area? They get don't get money from your local school board to my knowledge? 

Let us know when they get 25 transfers from the Pinellas area. Then we talked "cheating", "steroids" or any other label you can come up with.

11 hours ago, LakelandGator said:

Lakeland caught fire scoring 3 TDs in the first 5 minutes of the game on various unexpected events and it snowballed on CAI.

You may be confusing the CAI game with the Lake Minneola playoff game. CAI was down 9-6 about midway through the 2nd quarter, and then Lakeland scored 3 TDs to close out the 1st half up 30-6.

*I do think CAI is capable of better, and will be better this season. I think this year's game will be tight.

Schools that themselves (not their players, alumni etc) can openly recruit AND offer housing for players to move from far away belong in a separate category. I believe that's just IMG and CAI in Florida at this point. I do think that limiting the players recruited to international players (CAI DOES have some local transfers) changes things a bit. But, they are still very much a different animal.

17 hours ago, Longtime Observer said:

Schools that themselves (not their players, alumni etc) can openly recruit AND offer housing for players to move from far away belong in a separate category. I believe that's just IMG and CAI in Florida at this point. I do think that limiting the players recruited to international players (CAI DOES have some local transfers) changes things a bit. But, they are still very much a different animal.

I have first hand seen gorgeous dorm rooms on Jesuit's campus so I know they have the means to house out of town athletes if they wanted.  Not sure if they do this or not but those dorms didn't look empty either.  I can't verify other campuses but this one I can.  (edit typo)

54 minutes ago, PinellasFB said:

I have first had seen gorgeous dorm rooms on Jesuit's campus so I know they have the means to house out of town athletes if they wanted.  Not sure if they do this or not but those dorms didn't look empty either

They have a bigtime RB from St Louis, Missouri.

He has to live somewhere, unless it was a complete family move.

22 hours ago, LakelandGator said:

They have a bigtime RB from St Louis, Missouri.

He has to live somewhere, unless it was a complete family move.

And I think Jesuit has this phenom coming in from the youth ranks. Will be a freshman. Kid was an absolute stud. You can tell he will be a future D1 since he was 10 years old. My son had to play against him many times and he made everyone look silly. He has the patience, vision, explosiveness, and quickness. But he’s not big. Reminds me of Chris Rainey and Barry Sanders 

Omar “juice” Anchico is his name. Heard he was going to Jesuit, but that was a long time ago in the spring. Things change. 

59 minutes ago, nolebull813 said:

And I think Jesuit has this phenom coming in from the youth ranks. Will be a freshman. Kid was an absolute stud. You can tell he will be a future D1 since he was 10 years old. My son had to play against him many times and he made everyone look silly. He has the patience, vision, explosiveness, and quickness. But he’s not big. Reminds me of Chris Rainey and Barry Sanders 

Omar “juice” Anchico is his name. Heard he was going to Jesuit, but that was a long time ago in the spring. Things change. 

OJ, he's tempting fate ...

Looks like rankings you asked about are here. 

Florida Preseason MaxPreps Top 25

1. IMG Academy (Bradenton), 8-1 record in 2022
2. Central (Miami), 14-0
3. Chaminade-Madonna (Hollywood), 12-1
4. St. Thomas Aquinas (Fort Lauderdale), 14-0
5. American Heritage (Plantation), 13-2
6. Columbus (Miami), 14-1
7. Homestead, 11-3
8. Lakeland, 14-0
9. Cardinal Gibbons (Fort Lauderdale), 11-2
10. Edgewater (Orlando), 12-1
11. Norland (Miami), 9-3
12. Booker T. Washington (Miami), 9-3
13. Western (Davie), 7-4
14. Clearwater Academy International (Clearwater), 9-1
15. Venice, 9-4
16. Jones (Orlando), 11-3
17. Mainland (Daytona Beach), 11-4
18. Seminole (Sanford), 9-3
19. Bartram Trail (St. Johns), 12-1
20. Osceola (Kissimmee), 10-4
21. Cocoa, 11-3
22. Bolles (Jacksonville), 9-5
23. Tampa Bay Tech (Tampa), 9-3
24. Mandarin (Jacksonville), 5-5
25. West Orange (Winter Garden), 7-5

Related Content

•  

4 hours ago, Ray Icaza said:

Looks like rankings you asked about are here. 

Florida Preseason MaxPreps Top 25

1. IMG Academy (Bradenton), 8-1 record in 2022
2. Central (Miami), 14-0
3. Chaminade-Madonna (Hollywood), 12-1
4. St. Thomas Aquinas (Fort Lauderdale), 14-0
5. American Heritage (Plantation), 13-2
6. Columbus (Miami), 14-1
7. Homestead, 11-3
8. Lakeland, 14-0
9. Cardinal Gibbons (Fort Lauderdale), 11-2
10. Edgewater (Orlando), 12-1
11. Norland (Miami), 9-3
12. Booker T. Washington (Miami), 9-3
13. Western (Davie), 7-4
14. Clearwater Academy International (Clearwater), 9-1
15. Venice, 9-4
16. Jones (Orlando), 11-3
17. Mainland (Daytona Beach), 11-4
18. Seminole (Sanford), 9-3
19. Bartram Trail (St. Johns), 12-1
20. Osceola (Kissimmee), 10-4
21. Cocoa, 11-3
22. Bolles (Jacksonville), 9-5
23. Tampa Bay Tech (Tampa), 9-3
24. Mandarin (Jacksonville), 5-5
25. West Orange (Winter Garden), 7-5

Related Content

•  

Needless to say, I have a problem with those rankings.