Broward showcase

cribboy305

I have Western number 24 in the state. Milton was top 10 in every GA publication. 

Western is definitely trending up. 

I gotta not jump the gun on Monarch just yet. Cedar Grove beat an average GA team last week 34-33. Their defense is obviously suspect. Might have to hold on and see how big of a win this really was. 

Just now, nolebull813 said:

Also, shoutout to Vanguard. The computers had them ranked 109th in Florida and they beat the number 9 team outta Colorado. 

aye mannn i love to see it! especially after this summer. Lotta outside talk bout how florida soft & dont produce good teams overall & we always lose to outa state good comp. all that foolishness, s/o the hometeams

8 hours ago, cribboy305 said:

s/o monarch & western fr their respective dubs over milton & cedar grove. Great wins! alotta ppl did not expect these wins but this goes to show & prove mid-tier in south florida is top tier anywhere else. 

I don't know if I'd call these teams mid tier.  They're a tough out for anybody in S. FL.  More like dangerous upper middle class.  Big wins against some GA power teams.

5 hours ago, PinellasFB said:

I don't know if I'd call these teams mid tier.  They're a tough out for anybody in S. FL.  More like dangerous upper middle class.  Big wins against some GA power teams.

Understood but respectfully you’re from pinellas, unless you’re actually down here I wouldn’t expect you to know that those schools are not threats when it comes to the best of the south. Mid-tier is what they are with nothing taken away from them, great squads just not top tier. 

4 hours ago, cribboy305 said:

Understood but respectfully you’re from pinellas, unless you’re actually down here I wouldn’t expect you to know that those schools are not threats when it comes to the best of the south. Mid-tier is what they are with nothing taken away from them, great squads just not top tier. 

Oh trust me, I grew up and played in south Florida so I am well aware of Broward-Dade area and the upper tier teams there are upper tier in the country, not just the state.  I definitely wouldn't put these two teams in that class but I still think I was reasonable when I said they are upper middle tier.  I know Western would be one of the top 3 in Pinellas, on par with Lakewood, Clearwater Central Catholic and Calvary.  

On 8/25/2023 at 12:39 PM, cribboy305 said:

Who's "top-tier" in Broward? (non-private)

37 minutes ago, CoachMacho said:

Who's "top-tier" in Broward? (non-private)

broward’s public scene currently has no top tier programs, Its been like this a while because they big privates like sta heritage & chaminade. Lately though its been a shift where you have decent publics like dillard & western, deerfield beach sometimes & now I see monarch & ely are on the rise also but all still mid-tier. 

5 minutes ago, cribboy305 said:

broward’s public scene currently has no top tier programs, Its been like this a while because they big privates like sta heritage & chaminade. Lately though its been a shift where you have decent publics like dillard & western, deerfield beach sometimes & now I see monarch & ely are on the rise also but all still mid-tier. 

So the only "top-tier" programs in Broward are the privates. 

That just rubs me the wrong way bro. lol

You're not wrong though.