All Osceola County Football week 1 games

AllOsceolaCountyFB

Osceola Takes on Treasure coast although Osceola truly impressed me last week versus Apopka this game will still be close as it can be i have previously stated about this game being 

17-7 Treasure coast taking the win, I believe it can go either way with that score but Playing at treasure coast is never a easy feat.

Poinciana Goes on the road to Nature coast i feel Poinciana's Speed and passing ability will set them apart 

28-14 Poinciana Takes home the W

Gateway Takes on Lake Buena Vista with little to no summer weight room access lack of offseason Participation and several Key pieces to gateways team transferring out to local schools

35-7 Lake Buena vista Takes home the W

St. Cloud takes on the long road trip to Barron Collier after getting embarrassed by Haines city, Getting physically outmatched Barron collier has experience and size i think 

42-21 Barron collier sends St. Cloud home With the loss

Harmony Takes on Eustis at home which this is one of the overall worst harmony teams recently and Eustis is having an up year i think

35-14 Eustis over Harmony

Celebration is at home to take on ridge community which is down from normal years and celebration is even worse 

42-7 Ridge community over the storm

Tohopekaliga Takes on Liberty in our first In county Bout liberty losing their star player for the year due to injury hurts them even more than they already were

49-0 Tohopekaliga makes easy work of the egame 

21 hours ago, AllOsceolaCountyFB said:

Osceola Takes on Treasure coast although Osceola truly impressed me last week versus Apopka this game will still be close as it can be i have previously stated about this game being 

17-7 Treasure coast taking the win, I believe it can go either way with that score but Playing at treasure coast is never a easy feat.

Poinciana Goes on the road to Nature coast i feel Poinciana's Speed and passing ability will set them apart 

28-14 Poinciana Takes home the W

Gateway Takes on Lake Buena Vista with little to no summer weight room access lack of offseason Participation and several Key pieces to gateways team transferring out to local schools

35-7 Lake Buena vista Takes home the W

St. Cloud takes on the long road trip to Barron Collier after getting embarrassed by Haines city, Getting physically outmatched Barron collier has experience and size i think 

42-21 Barron collier sends St. Cloud home With the loss

Harmony Takes on Eustis at home which this is one of the overall worst harmony teams recently and Eustis is having an up year i think

35-14 Eustis over Harmony

Celebration is at home to take on ridge community which is down from normal years and celebration is even worse 

42-7 Ridge community over the storm

Tohopekaliga Takes on Liberty in our first In county Bout liberty losing their star player for the year due to injury hurts them even more than they already were

49-0 Tohopekaliga makes easy work of the egame 

I agree with all those, except Osceola.

You need to go to a game to see them boys live, because you expected Apk to blow us out, now you got Treasure Coast? 

17 hours ago, ohs vargas said:

You need to go to a game to see them boys live, because you expected Apk to blow us out, now you got Treasure Coast? 

Didnt get to see the game, but i was wrong, from what i heard TCs Defense looked really good against Osceola.

I will speak for Poinciana result last night. We lost 35-14. The score doesnt tell the whole story of the game. We were up 14-12  into the 4th quarter. Players made key mistakes, coaches made key mistakes. The blame is on the coaches, not the players. You play like you practice, and we didnt practice very well this week!

My hat is off to nature coast. they are physical and big up front. Thats where we lost the game. our O-line couldnt physically win the battle at the line. Our kids fought their hearts out, but they couldnt sustain the level of physicality that was required. Our defense played a real good game for the most part. Their 1st td was a total break down in coverage, where a player did not stay on assignment and had his eyes in the backfield. Such is life! We figured out that this was going to be a battle in the trenches, as nature coast has a big bruising running back. But we do too. Both of our td's came on the ground. We contained that big kid for 95% of the night. Defense played well. We just could not get the offence clicking the way it needed to. We faced too many 3rd and long. I wont complain about officiating, but it sure seemed to be one way only. Every time they needed a break, a penalty happened. every time we had a big gain, we had a penalty. Maybe we just only make timely mistakes. But that is still no excuse! We had some play calling issues that put our defense in a bad position, especially with a untimely mistake on special teams, giving them the ball inside the 10. That score isnt on the defense. That is on coaching. But coaches are human too. 

Once they took the lead, they took a couple of shots into very well defended receivers and they got lucky, in my opinion. excellent effort on their kids and great coverage on ours, they just won the contested battle. In my opinion, as they didnt do this before they had the lead, those attempts wouldnt have happened if they didnt have the lead. 

Even being down 2 scores, offense didnt give up, but it sputtered. 1st downs being called back, 3rd and long, and their players rose to the occasion. Depth on the o-line really began to show. Good thing as we have 2-3 more linemen who will be able to help by the next game. A place where we need the help. 

Their last td was the kids giving up. That is on the coaches! We had a very good chance to win the game deep into the 4th quarter before we fell apart. 

We have a lot to build on, work on and correct. With a bye week we have a lot of time to fix those problems. 

I have written this before I watch the game on film. My opinion may change after a few hours of film study!

2 hours ago, ohs vargas said:

Didnt get to see the game, but i was wrong, from what i heard TCs Defense looked really good against Osceola.

I was there and it wasn't one thing that beat us but a combination of them.  RB Elijah Hickson and HB Hayden Dekle didn't dress due to injury, OL was flat, poor QB play, all which led to no sustain offense.  Field position in the first quarter was played entirely on our side of the 50 constantly putting our defense in difficulty, too many penalties, too many missed tackle opportunities and everything else that could possibly go wrong.  TC initial possession started at midfield and only had to travel 25 yards to score after 2 offside penalties, plus another 15 yard variety keeping all the early momentum on their side.  Their second score was more of the same which translated to a 14-0 first quarter lead.  Yes, they got away with a lot of holding but we needed to overcome that as we are seldom on the positive side of penalties.   Despite the poor start, our defense held them scoreless the remainer of the game; final TD by them was fumble return. Their defense is good, but not in the same league as Apopka's.  Most of the damage last night was self-inflicted, weaknesses were exposed that I hope the coaches adjust going forward.  Overall, not a very well-played game as neither team looked top 25 in this state. Not our night.  It happens. 

On 8/26/2023 at 11:24 AM, Ray Icaza said:

I was there and it wasn't one thing that beat us but a combination of them.  RB Elijah Hickson and HB Hayden Dekle didn't dress due to injury, OL was flat, poor QB play, all which led to no sustain offense.  Field position in the first quarter was played entirely on our side of the 50 constantly putting our defense in difficulty, too many penalties, too many missed tackle opportunities and everything else that could possibly go wrong.  TC initial possession started at midfield and only had to travel 25 yards to score after 2 offside penalties, plus another 15 yard variety keeping all the early momentum on their side.  Their second score was more of the same which translated to a 14-0 first quarter lead.  Yes, they got away with a lot of holding but we needed to overcome that as we are seldom on the positive side of penalties.   Despite the poor start, our defense held them scoreless the remainer of the game; final TD by them was fumble return. Their defense is good, but not in the same league as Apopka's.  Most of the damage last night was self-inflicted, weaknesses were exposed that I hope the coaches adjust going forward.  Overall, not a very well-played game as neither team looked top 25 in this state. Not our night.  It happens. 

Did I Notice correctly "bell" is punting 

The poor QB play is what I imagined it to be from the beginning, the one thing Osceola doesn't need any more of is injury's you guys are already lacking in depth in skill positions especially with the gauntlet of a schedule you guys are about to go through 

I made the trek out to nature coast to watch Poinciana play they looked physical fast but overall undersized their offense seemed overwhelmed with the size of nature coast, their offense sputtered but their defense kept them in the game after a blown coverage and a bad punt snap led to nature coats two first half scores, Akeem Knox is the real deal he is a FBS/FCS Caliber player, does not look like the same kid from last year at Osceola. Poinciana's offense lacked overall success when they tried to go vertical with the ball in pass game they were successful early in quick game should have stuck to it, but when the wheels fall off they fell off hard, coaches arguing with coaches , players arguing with players it turned ugly in the 4th quarter for the eagles, hopefully they can turn it around for Hardee in two weeks

On 8/25/2023 at 2:38 PM, ohs vargas said:

well i ended up being right on about Osceola and wrong about Poinciana, I will be at the Osceola game this week coming up

1 hour ago, AllOsceolaCountyFB said:

Did I Notice correctly "bell" is punting 

The poor QB play is what I imagined it to be from the beginning, the one thing Osceola doesn't need any more of is injury's you guys are already lacking in depth in skill positions especially with the gauntlet of a schedule you guys are about to go through 

Jalen did all punting the first 2 games and a pretty decent job actually.  Not having Taevion for the first couple of games was a known, so the 2 RB's to back him up were going to be counted on to carry the load.  Having one of them suffer an injury the first week of the season does make them go deeper into the "Depth Chart" than they would have liked.  They do have an additional RB they can utilize, but having watched practices regularly I have an inkling why they haven't used him which I will not discuss here.  Just a simple question.  Outside the powerhouse privates, how many HS teams have quality depth at most positions especially the "Skilled Ones"??  Injuries are part of the game and something all teams have to deal with including us. 

27 minutes ago, Ray Icaza said:

Jalen did all punting the first 2 games and a pretty decent job actually.  Not having Taevion for the first couple of games was a known, so the 2 RB's to back him up were going to be counted on to carry the load.  Having one of them suffer an injury the first week of the season does make them go deeper into the "Depth Chart" than they would have liked.  They do have an additional RB they can utilize, but having watched practices regularly I have an inkling why they haven't used him which I will not discuss here.  Just a simple question.  Outside the powerhouse privates, how many HS teams have quality depth at most positions especially the "Skilled Ones"??  Injuries are part of the game and something all teams have to deal with including us. 

Osceola used to be deep in almost every position 2-3 deep in most positions, players leaving and other reasons have led to the depth issue Osceola is now facing id say Osceola is as deep as anyone in the line category as id say Poinciana is as deep as anyone in the WR area, i think there are so many teams in such a small area there that if more than one team is having success the talent is too dispersed, and the lack of depth is truly what hurts teams going deep in the playoffs  

1 hour ago, AllOsceolaCountyFB said:

I made the trek out to nature coast to watch Poinciana play they looked physical fast but overall undersized their offense seemed overwhelmed with the size of nature coast, their offense sputtered but their defense kept them in the game after a blown coverage and a bad punt snap led to nature coats two first half scores, Akeem Knox is the real deal he is a FBS/FCS Caliber player, does not look like the same kid from last year at Osceola. Poinciana's offense lacked overall success when they tried to go vertical with the ball in pass game they were successful early in quick game should have stuck to it, but when the wheels fall off they fell off hard, coaches arguing with coaches , players arguing with players it turned ugly in the 4th quarter for the eagles, hopefully they can turn it around for Hardee in two weeks

Akeem is a terrific kid and an excellent player which obviously would have helped having with the injuries you pointed out in this thread.  Hope he has a terrific year and see he has already gotten offers.  Will point out with no malice, that a player like him can look like a completely different back playing Poinciana's schedule vs Osceola's.  Not my opinion, as I noticed when Joshua Wilson posted strength of schedule recently in 4S TC was #1 and yes OHS #2.   Skilled players like him are difference makers playing mediocre or weak teams, but the trench warfare is the ticket against high level competition. 

4 minutes ago, AllOsceolaCountyFB said:

Osceola used to be deep in almost every position 2-3 deep in most positions, players leaving and other reasons have led to the depth issue Osceola is now facing id say Osceola is as deep as anyone in the line category as id say Poinciana is as deep as anyone in the WR area, i think there are so many teams in such a small area there that if more than one team is having success the talent is too dispersed, and the lack of depth is truly what hurts teams going deep in the playoffs  

Osceola is deep almost every year at RB including this year.  I played in the mid 60's for the Kowboys and coached basketball there in the 70's after graduating from college and we have been a running team all those years featuring some of the best backs in the entire state.   During these 6 "DECADES" we seldom have featured a real QB much less have depth at that position.  Hence why would you need depth at WR when you don't throw the ball so I question some of your supposed knowledge on our team.   We tend to have depth in the DL and defense overall as that has always been a strength.  Very few years we have the depth in the OL like we have now. 

Not to beat a dead horse, but I suspect it's even tougher for schools to build depth at any position, but especially the skill positions.   A talented RB or WR who finds himself a non-starter simply transfers.  District lines no longer hold a kid hostage.  Perhaps this is a good move for the kid, but it depletes the depth of the team from which he transfers. 

1 hour ago, Perspective said:

Not to beat a dead horse, but I suspect it's even tougher for schools to build depth at any position, but especially the skill positions.   A talented RB or WR who finds himself a non-starter simply transfers.  District lines no longer hold a kid hostage.  Perhaps this is a good move for the kid, but it depletes the depth of the team from which he transfers. 

Excellent observation.  When this particular player first made the varsity roster as a Kowboy he was a sophomore listed at 5'9" and 165 lbs.  Today as a senior, he stands at 6' & 195 lbs. with 2 years of varsity experience yet we still have others that can do the job.  None however is Taevion Swint including Akeem which is why he transferred.  As a true freshman, Taevion got more touches (1100 all-purpose yards) than Akeem and as a sophomore last year against very stiff competition racked up almost 1700 yards on the ground with 20 TD's plus another 4 TD's thru the air.  That is why I fully support and understand his transfer decision. 

11 hours ago, AllOsceolaCountyFB said:

As I stated earlier, was not a good look for us this week. We got out coached then some of the coaches behaved like children. Players emulate coaches. That behavior was unacceptable, from coaches or players.  We have had extensive meetings and will fix the problems with the coaching staff or changes will be made. Cross coaching is the issue, when one part of the game is lacking everyone thinks they have the answer to fix it. Stay in your lane! Dont blame the other side of the ball. 

We lack an offensive identity, we do not run any play very good. We need to get better in offensive cohesiveness. You will see some drastic changes there over the next couple of games, until we figure out who we are. That is what we will focus on before our next game. 

12 hours ago, Beek said:

As I stated earlier, was not a good look for us this week. We got out coached then some of the coaches behaved like children. Players emulate coaches. That behavior was unacceptable, from coaches or players.  We have had extensive meetings and will fix the problems with the coaching staff or changes will be made. Cross coaching is the issue, when one part of the game is lacking everyone thinks they have the answer to fix it. Stay in your lane! Dont blame the other side of the ball. 

We lack an offensive identity, we do not run any play very good. We need to get better in offensive cohesiveness. You will see some drastic changes there over the next couple of games, until we figure out who we are. That is what we will focus on before our next game. 

Sounds like you are pretty disgusted by that first game.  Maybe you guys just had a bad quarter from the sounds of it?  

On 8/28/2023 at 8:36 AM, AllOsceolaCountyFB said:

literally a poinciana coach, no chance someone just goes to nature coast to watch a game unless its a parent or a coach.  fans of the the game would have went anywhere else.  literally....

nice try on the fake name.....

i was going to Osceola or Poinciana last week, Osceola was at treasure coast Poinciana was at nature coast u choose, this week I'm going to Osceola Seminole game and the week next I'm going to st cloud liberty game, and if you've known anything I've been reporting on the county since early summer on twitter

10 minutes ago, h8r said:

literally a poinciana coach, no chance someone just goes to nature coast to watch a game unless its a parent or a coach.  fans of the the game would have went anywhere else.  literally....

nice try on the fake name.....

And yes I coached at Poinciana back in the early 2000s so it does have a soft spot in my heart, so you're kind of right

31 minutes ago, AllOsceolaCountyFB said:

And yes I coached at Poinciana back in the early 2000s so it does have a soft spot in my heart, so you're kind of right

true homer then,

no wonder all those twitter posts calling poinciana best dbs, best this best that, #2 team in county, no wonder your account got suspended....

call it llike i see it 

4 minutes ago, h8r said:

true homer then,

no wonder all those twitter posts calling poinciana best dbs, best this best that, #2 team in county, no wonder your account got suspended....

call it llike i see it 

And i call it like i see it. tell me whos better than them currently in county besides Osceola and who has the better dB's

if you prove it to me i have no problem being proved wrong, but you gotta prove it

14 minutes ago, AllOsceolaCountyFB said:

And i call it like i see it. tell me whos better than them currently in county besides Osceola and who has the better dB's

if you prove it to me i have no problem being proved wrong, but you gotta prove it

on what basis do you have to state any 1 team is better than the other?  

thats called opnion.

osceola is the class of the county and have been and will continue to be, until someone dethrones them.

toho is on the up and up with an explosive offense and a coach who knows how to score points.

harmony always has a rough and rugged team, but look like they are on a downturn

st cloud is up and down every 2 or 3 seasons, doesnt help that the district lines seem to change yearly for them and gateway

gateway, celebration, liberty all yearly the bottom of the county, taking turns with poinciana.

who has had 1 good year(with a 900+ ranking in SOS) in 20+ years and they are instantly #2 in the county,

becaus you say so?

what merit do you have to say that?  you watched a 7 on 7?  so they have the best dbs based of 7 on 7.

right.......I remember a post on twitter saying they got blown out a couple times at one of the 7 on 7s....

so......

2 minutes ago, h8r said:

on what basis do you have to state any 1 team is better than the other?  

thats called opnion.

osceola is the class of the county and have been and will continue to be, until someone dethrones them.

toho is on the up and up with an explosive offense and a coach who knows how to score points.

harmony always has a rough and rugged team, but look like they are on a downturn

st cloud is up and down every 2 or 3 seasons, doesnt help that the district lines seem to change yearly for them and gateway

gateway, celebration, liberty all yearly the bottom of the county, taking turns with poinciana.

who has had 1 good year(with a 900+ ranking in SOS) in 20+ years and they are instantly #2 in the county,

becaus you say so?

what merit do you have to say that?  you watched a 7 on 7?  so they have the best dbs based of 7 on 7.

right.......I remember a post on twitter saying they got blown out a couple times at one of the 7 on 7s....

so......

So what’s your expert opinion?