Wellness check: VeniceIndianFan

Nulli Secundus

Hey @VeniceIndianFan!  Where are you man?  I'm just making sure you're okay after last night.  No one wants to start the season with a loss.  I know I don't.  However, there's plenty of season left and it's best to take the lumps early and improve from that.  I'm speaking for myself too, lol.  

16 minutes ago, Nulli Secundus said:

Hey @VeniceIndianFan!  Where are you man?  I'm just making sure you're okay after last night.  No one wants to start the season with a loss.  I know I don't.  However, there's plenty of season left and it's best to take the lumps early and improve from that.  I'm speaking for myself too, lol.  

Bro needs some time to really get back into the playful mode. He probably hasn’t cracked a smirk in 16 hours

37 minutes ago, Nulli Secundus said:

I’m ok. I watched the game at home last night because I am still fighting a bad cold (thankfully not COVID,) and didn’t want to infect anyone.

I said on here that Venice has never beaten Armwood before and that was on full display last night. They scored on the first drive of the night and we could not stop their rushing attack at all. We didn’t help ourselves with false starts, holdings, and illegal motions, but the amount of penalties being called on Venice last night just made me feel uneasy. There was at least one occasion where Armwood had 12 players on the field but got away with it. Also saw more than a few times where Ryan Daly was being held but it was never called.  It was clear who the better team was but my god the penalties were out of control , and seemingly very one-sided. Absolutely pitiful. At any rate, good game to Armwood. Venice has a lot to address and needs to regroup quickly for Cocoa. 

6 hours ago, VeniceIndianFan said:

I’m ok. I watched the game at home last night because I am still fighting a bad cold (thankfully not COVID,) and didn’t want to infect anyone.

I said on here that Venice has never beaten Armwood before and that was on full display last night. They scored on the first drive of the night and we could not stop their rushing attack at all. We didn’t help ourselves with false starts, holdings, and illegal motions, but the amount of penalties being called on Venice last night just made me feel uneasy. There was at least one occasion where Armwood had 12 players on the field but got away with it. Also saw more than a few times where Ryan Daly was being held but it was never called.  It was clear who the better team was but my god the penalties were out of control , and seemingly very one-sided. Absolutely pitiful. At any rate, good game to Armwood. Venice has a lot to address and needs to regroup quickly for Cocoa. 

Feel better bruh!

Venice Indian will b fine. Lotta games vs good teams to rise back up. 305 usually full of excuses BUT when 32 penalties are called against ANY team, there’s some Home cooking somewhere. A reffing crew is LOOKING hard for penalties…….Aquinas QB is their weak link. Indecisive, small, no downfield game. Stop the run & your chances get really good for a win!!!

AHP surprised me! Solid game. 
Broward did well vs the country…..

Most of what I thought I knew going into week 1, showed me I don’t know much………..

21 hours ago, Jullian said:

Venice Indian will b fine. Lotta games vs good teams to rise back up. 305 usually full of excuses BUT when 32 penalties are called against ANY team, there’s some Home cooking somewhere. A reffing crew is LOOKING hard for penalties…….Aquinas QB is their weak link. Indecisive, small, no downfield game. Stop the run & your chances get really good for a win!!!

AHP surprised me! Solid game. 
Broward did well vs the country…..

Most of what I thought I knew going into week 1, showed me I don’t know much………..

I will wait to see the STA QB vs normal competition before I pass judgement since SJB might even be favored vs IMG.

2 hours ago, Ray Icaza said:

After watching both teams (SJB - IMG) this weekend, I would have to go with IMG as favored. 

Interesting that I formed the opposite opinion based upon both of those games lol.  IMG wasn't exactly overpowering in it's 17-14 win over St. Joe's while SJB looked pretty dominant over STA and that is impressive in any year.  What gave you a different opinion, out of curiousity?

2 hours ago, PinellasFB said:

Interesting that I formed the opposite opinion based upon both of those games lol.  IMG wasn't exactly overpowering in it's 17-14 win over St. Joe's while SJB looked pretty dominant over STA and that is impressive in any year.  What gave you a different opinion, out of curiousity?

Mainly think STA is overrated on the national level and really not a top 20 comparing them say to the Lakeland team from last year.  They got good RB's, but little push from the OL against a defense that wasn't overly impressive as that of either St. Joe or IMG.  As far as the QB, you can opine how he will perform against "NORMAL?" competition but he is far from elite.  Seems like there offensive output was a ratio of 4:1 against SJB, who again doesn't have the athletes on defense that either IMG or St. Joe has.  As far as the score, IMG defense shut out St. Joe as both their scores were gifts on miscues so in my view they were dominant.  Final nail in the coffin is STA was in the friendly confines of Brian Piccolo while IMG traveled. :D

23 minutes ago, Ray Icaza said:

Mainly think STA is overrated on the national level and really not a top 20 comparing them say to the Lakeland team from last year.  They got good RB's, but little push from the OL against a defense that wasn't overly impressive as that of either St. Joe or IMG.  As far as the QB, you can opine how he will perform against "NORMAL?" competition but he is far from elite.  Seems like there offensive output was a ratio of 4:1 against SJB, who again doesn't have the athletes on defense that either IMG or St. Joe has.  As far as the score, IMG defense shut out St. Joe as both their scores were gifts on miscues so in my view they were dominant.  Final nail in the coffin is STA was in the friendly confines of Brian Piccolo while IMG traveled. :D

By the way, we may never know as they don't appear to play against each other.