Cocoa 36 STA 37 F

KeemD321

31 minutes ago, VeniceIndianFan said:

How about those Venice Indians! 

Great win!

Curious do you know what QB they played with? Forgive me I can’t remember their names, I know the younger one who was more of the scrambler style made some great plays when he played us and looks like someone was able to put some points up tonight as well. Again congrats on the great game!

22 minutes ago, VeniceIndianFan said:

This is a rivalry game now. Hope Venice and MNW play each other every year for a while. @cribboy305 Your Bulls played very well offensively, but neither defense came to play.  Think they were outside the stadium waiting for the game to be over! LOL. 

I think @cribboy305 needs to take the night off to regain his composure. 

Great win by Venice. 

18 minutes ago, Trelle said:

Great win!

Curious do you know what QB they played with? Forgive me I can’t remember their names, I know the younger one who was more of the scrambler style made some great plays when he played us and looks like someone was able to put some points up tonight as well. Again congrats on the great game!

Venice used both of their QB's tonight. They put Ryan Downes in in the first quarter, at the end of the second, and a little bit at the end. Jadyn Glasser played most of the game, though. Both teams did basically whatever they wanted offensively. There were a few drives where Venice got a stop, and Miami NW recovered a fumble, but other than that this was a shootout from start to finish. Venice was a dropped pass away from dropping 70 in The Mecca. Both teams have plenty to work on defensively. Miami Northwestern: tackling drills. Venice: finding a way to stop the run when Ryan Daly is being double-teamed. Venice will have two weeks to iron out the kinks and prepare for River Ridge, while Northwestern needs to grow up fast with a brutal stretch of games coming up. Overall, not bad for Venice's first win and it's all up from here. Go Indians!

On 9/8/2023 at 11:31 PM, KeemD321 said:

I'm in twitter spaces with coaches and players involved and they said the refs refused to run the clock. Even STA HC apologized for the officiating. First kneel only 1 sec ran off the clock when in the rule book 3 secs are supposed to come off. The QB took a knee and was hit. Penalty called wasn't the correct call of a deadball unsportsmanlike conduct on Cocoa's 3rd down. Which should've been an automatic 1st down

Unsportsmanlike Conduct is a non-contact foul, and is not an automatic first down penalty enforcement. That correct penalty would be a dead-ball personal foul, which is also not an automatic first down enforcement. Where in the rule book does it state that 3 seconds are supposed to come off the clock? 

23 hours ago, Longtime Observer said:

I have this feeling that all of us are going to slam the officials, be pissed off, and say things that get us all banned, except for jambun. This site will just be jambun and Josh. :P

Well, you are talking about the two most-informed and knowledgeable people posting on this message board, so that might be justified. 

19 hours ago, Cat_Scratch2 said:

Yep... If nothing else, I bet STA thinks twice about Cocoa the next time they play. If the refs took the game away from Cocoa then that's on the ref's. If the ref's screwed this up then Jambun will get to the bottom of it, right jambun.

Where have you been Cat_Scratch2? I am glad that you are still posting to this message board, it was a little concerned for a while. You are one of the "good" people on this message board. 

15 hours ago, KeemD321 said:

Here's video proof of the whole sequence and a pic from the Hudl sideline vid of STA with 12 players on the field during Cocoa's punt where the flag was waved off. @Jambun82 honest opinion on this sequence. Do you feel like everyone is wrong about the refs during this sequence? 

Yes, I counted 12 STA players as well. 

6 hours ago, Jambun82 said:

Where have you been Cat_Scratch2? I am glad that you are still posting to this message board, it was a little concerned for a while. You are one of the "good" people on this message board. 

Thanks man. I've seen some of the love the board is giving you. You know how it is... always the Refs fault, same as an umpire in baseball.

My computer was hacked. Just now getting back on the boards with new accounts.

Anyway, just so you know, I appreciate the refs even when the calls are iffy, it's not always easy and sports would be brawls if there were no umpires.

1 minute ago, Cat_Scratch2 said:

Thanks man. I've seen some of the love the board is giving you. You know how it is... always the Refs fault, same as an umpire in baseball.

Anyway, just so you know, I appreciate the refs even when the calls are iffy, it's not always easy and sports would be brawls if there were no umpires.

Sometimes there are brawls even with the umpires, LOL!

4 hours ago, Cat_Scratch2 said:

This is the most fun that I have ever had on any message board, I love all of the great compliments that I receive from the likes of DarterBlue2, Cribboy305, That Crap Was Funny, Longtime Observer, Trelle, and ExplorerHomer2, among others. These posters all know the truth deep down, something that Dan in Daytona and Perspective have known for many years, what a great honor and privilege it is for all of them to speak to, hear from, and learn from me! 

9 hours ago, Jambun82 said:

This is the most fun that I have ever had on any message board, I love all of the great compliments that I receive from the likes of DarterBlue2, Cribboy305, That Crap Was Funny, Longtime Observer, Trelle, and ExplorerHomer2, among others. These posters all know the truth deep down, something that Dan in Daytona and Perspective have known for many years, what a great honor and privilege it is for all of them to speak to, hear from, and learn from me! 

So weird 

On 9/9/2023 at 9:32 PM, VeniceIndianFan said:

How about those Venice Indians! 

As a Brevard fan of High School Football since 1969 I like seeing good teams play each other. Games where you're not sure who has the advantage. For me, it's not always about the win but watching the talent shine then play outstanding at the next level. The Cocoa Venice was such a game. Both teams have outstanding talent that will succeed at the college level. Except for a few calls on Venice the game could have came down to a FG or missed extra point. The game was that close, and with Venice on the road they played full on for 4 quarters. Their tandem QB's were a nightmare for Cocoa and I'm sure Venice will be one of the top contenders in the playoffs.

Both teams played their hearts out the entire game. Much respect to Venice. The last 5 or 6 years they have improved every season. Also one of the hardest teams to beat at home.

Cocoa and Venice have proved on the field they are both tough teams to beat. I wish Venice the best in the playoffs.

Also lots of respect to VeniceIndianFan. He seems to be a thoughtful poster.

8 hours ago, Cat_Scratch2 said:

As a Brevard fan of High School Football since 1969 I like seeing good teams play each other. Games where you're not sure who has the advantage. For me, it's not always about the win but watching the talent shine then play outstanding at the next level. The Cocoa Venice was such a game. Both teams have outstanding talent that will succeed at the college level. Except for a few calls on Venice the game could have came down to a FG or missed extra point. The game was that close, and with Venice on the road they played full on for 4 quarters. Their tandem QB's were a nightmare for Cocoa and I'm sure Venice will be one of the top contenders in the playoffs.

Both teams played their hearts out the entire game. Much respect to Venice. The last 5 or 6 years they have improved every season. Also one of the hardest teams to beat at home.

Cocoa and Venice have proved on the field they are both tough teams to beat. I wish Venice the best in the playoffs.

Also lots of respect to VeniceIndianFan. He seems to be a thoughtful poster.

Thank you Catscratch! Great to hear from you again! Your Tigers aren't losing another game after that STA debacle. When they get done steamrolling 2S and finish 14-1, the FHSAA is going to have a lot of explaining to do.

Venice has some work to do with their defensive line if they want to win 4S. Kissimmee Osceola is moving back in the right direction. Think they pick up a massive win over Lakeland this week to get back on track. Vero Beach needs to prove themselves after their one good win was blown out of the water by Venice. At the moment: Manatee and Treasure Coast are the 2 favorites in 4S with no argument. 

6 minutes ago, Dr. D said:

Manatee, inarguably?  With wins over 0-3 Charlotte, 0-3 Sarasota, and 1-2 Lake Minneola?  I'll defer to your judgment, but count me as skeptical until October 6.

Manatee is clearly decent; however, they have yet to face proven good competition, though Lake Minneola is probably a little better than its record.

Both Lakeland and Venice should be close to the very top, if not 1 and 2, in class 4S at this stage.

4 hours ago, Dr. D said:

Manatee, inarguably?  With wins over 0-3 Charlotte, 0-3 Sarasota, and 1-2 Lake Minneola?  I'll defer to your judgment, but count me as skeptical until October 6.

Manatee returned their entire defense from last season. All 11 guys are back. Their defensive line is just ridiculous to watch. One of the top defensive tackle prospects in the country in Tyreek Robinson. Tristan Titus, Alvoid Kennon, and Max Freeman all extremely good pass rushers. They stop the run and get after the QB. Offensively, Manatee has 3 very dangerous wide receivers in Ramsey Cole, Kayvon Reddick, and Bonshavion Bean. Tyron Jackson has played very well for them so far at runningback. They've been destroying everything in their path so far though they haven't really played true competition. We'll see how much that changes when they play Venice.