Cocoa 36 STA 37 F

KeemD321

45 minutes ago, Dan in Daytona said:

It's a travesty of a mockery of a sham of a mockery of a travesty of two mockeries of a sham.

( "Bananas"  Woody Allen )

Yep... If nothing else, I bet STA thinks twice about Cocoa the next time they play. If the refs took the game away from Cocoa then that's on the ref's. If the ref's screwed this up then Jambun will get to the bottom of it, right jambun.

I watched the game on FLHS network..... Cocoa got had! ......  Correct on unsportsmanlike  penalty 15 yards and 1st down.... Clock would not move...plus a extra timeout?? Yep..... It happened. I had no skin in the game, just wanted to see a good game as I did not travel to PSL for Titan/Seminole game due to weather. Thought Titan game would be broadcast....

7 minutes ago, VeniceIndianFan said:

This Brady Heart QB kid that Cocoa has is the real. I'm calling it right now, 2 years from now, he will be a top 10 recruit in the class of 2026! Bookmark this comment @KeemD321 @LetsGo @Cat_Scratch2 @Cocoafanone

He definitely grew into his own after the Jones game and has been cleaning up his mistakes each game. Played lights out against Venice and did the same against STA. Also his top receiver is just a junior this season as well. Put up 200+ yards receiving and 3 tds matched up against 5 star Charles Lester and did the same against STA but with a few more yards and 4 TD catches

27 minutes ago, Vero Indian said:

Glad STA pull it out

After STA having no timeouts and Cocoa having no time taken off the clock after taking a knee? And you see nothing wrong with that… Come on Flotech you’re better than this. If Vero lost a game this way, how would you feel? 

13 minutes ago, VeniceIndianFan said:

After STA having no timeouts and Cocoa having no time taken off the clock after taking a knee? And you see nothing wrong with that… Come on Flotech you’re better than this. If Vero lost a game this way, how would you feel? 

Here's video proof of the whole sequence and a pic from the Hudl sideline vid of STA with 12 players on the field during Cocoa's punt where the flag was waved off. @Jambun82 honest opinion on this sequence. Do you feel like everyone is wrong about the refs during this sequence? 

6 minutes ago, KeemD321 said:

Here's video proof of the whole sequence and a pic from the Hudl sideline vid of STA with 12 players on the field during Cocoa's punt where the flag was waved off. @Jambun82 honest opinion on this sequence. Do you feel like everyone is wrong about the refs during this sequence? 

I feel for Cocoa. Teams should lose on the field of play. Not like this. Enough said. 

Just now, DarterBlue2 said:

I feel for Cocoa. Teams should lose on the field of play. Not like this. Enough said. 

Crazy part is that it's Cocoa's QB 3rd ever start/game on varsity and he threw for 500 yards and 5tds against a nationally ranked team. Putting him at over 1000 yards passing and 10tds in just 3 games.

All around incredible game and performances by both teams ultimately being overshadowed by the last minute and a half of the game.

1 hour ago, VeniceIndianFan said:

Then it is what it is.......I understand the hate for STA tho 

Some observations from last night.

Kissimmee Osceola is improving and, in a few weeks, will look like contenders in 4S. They will get their rb crew back from injury and be just fine. But with that said...

Treasure Coast is the absolute clear favorite in 4S right now. Their defense is just unbelievable. They held Sanford Seminole to 9 points and 2 of them came from a safety off of a bad snap. 

Manatee could be right behind them. They have yet to play an extremely tough opponent yet, though. We will see what they are made of when they play Venice week 7.

Lakeland is 1-2 but has no reason to press the panic button yet. Their losses have come to extremely tough opponents in SJP and Miami Norland. 

Cocoa is going to slaughter 2S and it will be infuriating to finish 14-1 when 15-0 was right there. 

Dillard is heading in the wrong direction and will not challenge STA this year.

Daytona Mainland is the clear favorite in 3S after containing Bartram Trail's offense.

Venice needs to find whatever spark they had against TBT and reignite it fast. 

Sarasota Riverview's offense looks potent. This could be the year they finally challenge Venice for the district. 

Miami Central is Miami Central.

Chaminade and TCA are heading for a rematch in 1M.

Poinciana is heading in the right direction.

CCC looks good, but will they challenge TCA in 1M? The jury is still out.

54 minutes ago, VeniceIndianFan said:

Some observations from last night.

Kissimmee Osceola is improving and, in a few weeks, will look like contenders in 4S. They will get their rb crew back from injury and be just fine. But with that said...

Treasure Coast is the absolute clear favorite in 4S right now. Their defense is just unbelievable. They held Sanford Seminole to 9 points and 2 of them came from a safety off of a bad snap. 

Manatee could be right behind them. They have yet to play an extremely tough opponent yet, though. We will see what they are made of when they play Venice week 7.

Lakeland is 1-2 but has no reason to press the panic button yet. Their losses have come to extremely tough opponents in SJP and Miami Norland. 

Cocoa is going to slaughter 2S and it will be infuriating to finish 14-1 when 15-0 was right there. 

Dillard is heading in the wrong direction and will not challenge STA this year.

Daytona Mainland is the clear favorite in 3S after containing Bartram Trail's offense.

Venice needs to find whatever spark they had against TBT and reignite it fast. 

Sarasota Riverview's offense looks potent. This could be the year they finally challenge Venice for the district. 

Miami Central is Miami Central.

Chaminade and TCA are heading for a rematch in 1M.

Poinciana is heading in the right direction.

CCC looks good, but will they challenge TCA in 1M? The jury is still out.

I agree with your assessment.  Also will add that Palm Bay Heritage will underachieve due to their schedule eventhough they will be undefeated heading into the playoffs they will get booted in the second or third round. If they were able to have a more challenging schedule they would've been able to challenge and make a state run in 4S. With their toughest game on their schedule being Oviedo I don't see it happening unless their able to find a way to keep progressing and evolving playing against a highly favorable schedule

1 hour ago, KeemD321 said:

I agree with your assessment.  Also will add that Palm Bay Heritage will underachieve due to their schedule eventhough they will be undefeated heading into the playoffs they will get booted in the second or third round. If they were able to have a more challenging schedule they would've been able to challenge and make a state run in 4S. With their toughest game on their schedule being Oviedo I don't see it happening unless their able to find a way to keep progressing and evolving playing against a highly favorable schedule

I was impressed with Heritage in spring vs Vero, thought they had the look of a playoff team, agree with your assessment of 2nd, maybe 3rd round exit.