Cocoa 36 STA 37 F

KeemD321

Cocoa literally gave that game away on their final possession with the victory formation and unsportsmanlike conduct. Gave away their biggest victory in recent history. Came down to those 2 missed extra points and blocked fg. Then on top of that still had the chance to come away with a 2 point victory and let it slip out of their hands with poor clock management and a possible 4th timeout from STA

• KeemD321 changed the title to Cocoa 36 STA 37 F

1:28 left on the clock and cocoa 1st down. STA had one timeout…Mathematically how did STA get the ball back? Cocoa QB took a snap on first down, took three steps back, knelt the ball and one second ran off the clock….we all know what happened. STA homecooking. That was a sham of an ending. I give STA and the officials credit though. They weren’t even hiding it!

17 minutes ago, WindsorCT said:

1:28 left on the clock and cocoa 1st down. STA had one timeout…Mathematically how did STA get the ball back? Cocoa QB took a snap on first down, took three steps back, knelt the ball and one second ran off the clock….we all know what happened. STA homecooking. That was a sham of an ending. I give STA and the officials credit though. They weren’t even hiding it!

Don't forget that the last timeout was used when STA got stopped on third down. Check the scoreboard as well. The timeouts for them was 0 when Cocoa stopped them on 4th down. After the penalty on Cocoa possession the clock got didn't move. Then the clock went to 4min then changed to 1:28. They ruined an amazing game and took away one of the top wins in Brevard history 

7 minutes ago, Cat_Scratch2 said:

Shame really, I did not see Cocoa losing after STA turned it over on downs. Less than a minute 30, STA with one timeout left and a Cocoa 1st down. How did STA get the ball back?

From watching the audio cast on BSN it was showing the scoreboard the whole time little to no time was taken off the clock on 2 of the kneels. STA got the ball back with about 34 seconds on the clock

2 minutes ago, KeemD321 said:

From watching the audio cast on BSN it was showing the scoreboard the whole time little to no time was taken off the clock on 2 of the kneels. STA got the ball back with about 34 seconds on the clock

The game clock operator who managed this game needs to be thoroughly investigated and terminated. There was no mathematical way for STA to win if they had no timeouts and Cocoa was in victory formation with under 1:30 to go. Very little time comes off, and then they get a penalty to stop the clock?  No conflict of interest there, right? What a sick joke. Forces beyond their control ripped one of Cocoa’s biggest wins in school history right out of their hands and handed it to crybaby STA. 

1 minute ago, VeniceIndianFan said:

The game clock operator who managed this game needs to be thoroughly investigated and terminated. There was no mathematical way for STA to win if they had no timeouts and Cocoa was in victory formation with under 1:30 to go. Very little time comes off, and then they get a penalty to stop the clock?  No conflict of interest there, right? What a sick joke. Forces beyond their control ripped one of Cocoa’s biggest wins in school history right out of their hands and handed it to crybaby STA. 

Yea all the reporters from the game including Jon Santucci is talking about it and saying there was no way STA should've even had time to even get the ball back let alone 30+ seconds 

12 minutes ago, KeemD321 said:

Yea all the reporters from the game including Jon Santucci is talking about it and saying there was no way STA should've even had time to even get the ball back let alone 30+ seconds 

Didn’t Coach Schneider or anyone on Cocoa’s sideline try to stop this from happening? The FHSAA needs to investigate this game and if (when,) cheating is found, declare Cocoa the rightful winner and make STA forfeit the game due to a conflict of interest with the GC operator. 

2 minutes ago, VeniceIndianFan said:

Didn’t Coach Schneider or anyone on Cocoa’s sideline try to stop this from happening? The FHSAA needs to investigate this game and if (when,) cheating is found, declare Cocoa the rightful winner and make STA forfeit the game due to a conflict of interest with the GC operator. 

That can't happen. The referee's decision is final in all cases. 

17 minutes ago, VeniceIndianFan said:

I'm in twitter spaces with coaches and players involved and they said the refs refused to run the clock. Even STA HC apologized for the officiating. First kneel only 1 sec ran off the clock when in the rule book 3 secs are supposed to come off. The QB took a knee and was hit. Penalty called wasn't the correct call of a deadball unsportsmanlike conduct on Cocoa's 3rd down. Which should've been an automatic 1st down

15 minutes ago, KeemD321 said:

I'm in twitter spaces with coaches and players involved and they said the refs refused to run the clock. Even STA HC apologized for the officiating. First kneel only 1 sec ran off the clock when in the rule book 3 secs are supposed to come off. The QB took a knee and was hit. Penalty called wasn't the correct call of a deadball unsportsmanlike conduct on Cocoa's 3rd down. Which should've been an automatic 1st down

I'm in the Twitter Space with you and I think that Coach Franco made some very good points. I wish they would approve my request to speak as I feel that I have a lot to say, but Coach Franco really is covering all the bases so far. 

Just now, muckboy561 said:

Hey I don't like Cocoa just like you don't like STA lol

This is a complete misrepresentation of the facts. The issue isn't that I, "don't like STA," it's that the game clock operator did not faithfully execute their job when Cocoa kneeled in the victory formation. But whatever helps you sleep at night. 

3 hours ago, Longtime Observer said:

I have this feeling that all of us are going to slam the officials, be pissed off, and say things that get us all banned, except for jambun. This site will just be jambun and Josh. :P

It's a travesty of a mockery of a sham of a mockery of a travesty of two mockeries of a sham.

( "Bananas"  Woody Allen )