2. Tohopekaliga (3-0)

3. St. Cloud (1-2)

4. Poinciana  (0-2)

5. Harmony (1-2)

6. Celebration (1-3)

7. Liberty (0-4)

8. Gateway (0-3)

Overall Osceola county has completely struggled in out of county play only 

2 out of county wins and only 1 quality win being Tohopekaliga beating Foundation

Osceola I feel took a small step back this last week against Lakeland, but i do believe they  should play a good and close game with Rockledge

Toho looks Impressive but i honestly hold a lot of skepticism with their passing stats, especially watching the replay livestream vs Foundation which is on YouTube and they count inside zone as a pass  that's cheap IMO

St. Cloud looks terrible they beat liberty oh well, besides that they were embarrassed by toho 

Poinciana Has looked awful the last two games, decent teams they have played but no excuse for how they're playing, ive heard of new OC and New DC debuting tonight vs. Horizon a switch like that in the year could spell glory or trouble 

Harmony is lacking in everything they beat a poor celebration team besides that have been embarrassed 

Celebration got their first win against what could nearly be a middle school team but a W is a W

Liberty is making strides from only scoring twice last year to scoring twice in a game this year, but ultimately only having 28 kids is a killer

Gateway is just bad i cant say anything otherwise, they haven't even shown promise  

1 hour ago, Perspective said:

Thanks for the effort and the info.

That said, if the best team in my county was 0-4, I might wait a few weeks before posting a county rankings.   B)

Like i said , Out of county play has been dismal from Osceola county this fall

no one can really say that toho could be better or worse until they play Osceola, 

2 hours ago, AllOsceolaCountyFB said:

i think Poinciana got some of their swagger back last night, phenomenal game they played with some edge last night we haven't seen this year beat horizon 28-27

Happy to hear Poinciana getting back on track as this will definitely raise their spirits going forward.   

12 hours ago, AllOsceolaCountyFB said:

i think Poinciana got some of their swagger back last night, phenomenal game they played with some edge last night we haven't seen this year beat horizon 28-27

Much appreciated. That was the best game I have been involved in since I have been at Poinciana. Whether we won or lost that game last night the kids proved something to me. There was such selfless playing, we had Bowser, our best DB with his hand in the dirt! Our QB playing very injured, put together a winning drive when it counted most. We had senior edge rusher playing 1 tech. We had a what ever it takes attitude, which I have never seen from these or any Poinciana kids. The shake up in our staff was the spark they needed. They felt that they had something to prove. 

I believe we have found our direction and purpose for this season. We still have some very tough games ahead, but In my opinion we can win out the season if we stay focused. 

Week 5 in the books, its still easy to tell even with Osceola being 0-5 they're the best team in the county losing in just the last seconds of the Rockledge game  and Toho losing to an 0-4 Melbourne team doesn't show well but that game had some outside forces. St. Cloud, did what they should've to beat a bad winter springs team, Poinciana Had a big win Monday over Horizon and an expected win against Tenoroc, Harmony got killed through the air by wiregrass ranch pass attack but did score a decent amount of points which hopefully means they're getting back on track offensively, Liberty won their first game in nearly 2 years beating Celebration 20-17, it was ugly but was a good game considering. Gateway was beat bad by a bad west port team, Gateway is Bad right now

On 9/19/2023 at 8:49 PM, Beek said:

Much appreciated. That was the best game I have been involved in since I have been at Poinciana. Whether we won or lost that game last night the kids proved something to me. There was such selfless playing, we had Bowser, our best DB with his hand in the dirt! Our QB playing very injured, put together a winning drive when it counted most. We had senior edge rusher playing 1 tech. We had a what ever it takes attitude, which I have never seen from these or any Poinciana kids. The shake up in our staff was the spark they needed. They felt that they had something to prove. 

I believe we have found our direction and purpose for this season. We still have some very tough games ahead, but In my opinion we can win out the season if we stay focused. 

Do you have any bowl game opponents lined up? Maybe another independent team? Would you come to the Tampa area for a game? 

2 hours ago, AllOsceolaCountyFB said:

Its not even going to be funny how bad those games will be.

Got the "MILESTONE" game coming up with St. Cloud Friday night which is the 100th EDITION the game will be played and that should result in an easy win.  They then get a bye week (much needed) to continue getting players healthy before the final run of 4 games which does include those other 2 district games along with undefeated and top ranked Mainland as well as a good West Orange team.  

59 minutes ago, Ray Icaza said:

Got the "MILESTONE" game coming up with St. Cloud Friday night which is the 100th EDITION the game will be played and that should result in an easy win.  They then get a bye week (much needed) to continue getting players healthy before the final run of 4 games which does include those other 2 district games along with undefeated and top ranked Mainland as well as a good West Orange team.  

Yes sir it is the 100th, i am taking the prediction right now Osceola goes 4-6 Losing to mainland in a 1 score game and beating west orange by at least 2 scores 

25 minutes ago, AllOsceolaCountyFB said:

Yes sir it is the 100th, i am taking the prediction right now Osceola goes 4-6 Losing to mainland in a 1 score game and beating west orange by at least 2 scores 

If you happen to be correct and we do win the district, we will host the 1st round against one of the two top teams out of District 10.  Both seem to be very good teams in University HS (5-0) or Deland HS (4-1) who will most likely decide the District championship for them on Oct. 20th in Orange City.  Both of them have some good wins and Deland's only loss was to Mainland.  Hope it does playout this way as it has been a frustrating season for the kids.  

Sorry to have to correct you Ray, but you are using the old playoff format.  For the benefit of all, I am including the current format:

Regional Tournaments (2M-4M and 2S-4S)

(a) Playoff field will be made up of 32 teams in each class.

(b) 8 Qualifiers in each region. 4 District champions and 4 highest at-large qualifiers based on the final FHSAA Power Rankings.  Teams will be seeded 1-8 based on the final FHSAA Power Rankings.

(c) Higher seed will always host in regional tournament except during the regional quarterfinal round where a district champion is facing an at-large team, the district champion is designated as the host regardless of seeding.

So if your school is seeded 5, 6, 7, or 8 based on the Power Rankings (which is very likely with a 5-5 record), you would only host in the first round if you happen to be drawn against an at-large team seeded 1 (vs. 8), 2 (vs. 7) etc.  

13 minutes ago, Dr. D said:

Sorry to have to correct you Ray, but you are using the old playoff format.  For the benefit of all, I am including the current format:

Regional Tournaments (2M-4M and 2S-4S)

(a) Playoff field will be made up of 32 teams in each class.

(b) 8 Qualifiers in each region. 4 District champions and 4 highest at-large qualifiers based on the final FHSAA Power Rankings.  Teams will be seeded 1-8 based on the final FHSAA Power Rankings.

(c) Higher seed will always host in regional tournament except during the regional quarterfinal round where a district champion is facing an at-large team, the district champion is designated as the host regardless of seeding.

So if your school is seeded 5, 6, 7, or 8 based on the Power Rankings (which is very likely with a 5-5 record), you would only host in the first round if you happen to be drawn against an at-large team seeded 1 (vs. 8), 2 (vs. 7) etc.  

Thanks so much for reminding me of the new format and I stand corrected.  I think the point I was trying to make is as follows:

1.  Win the District and you are automatically in.

2.  District champ gets to host the first-round game regardless of seeding formula.

3.  Whomever we get will not be an easy game, but will be at home. 

All good, BUT, a district champ can draw another district champ in the first round, with the higher seed hosting.  So Osceola could draw a higher seeded district champ (say Vero/TC winner), and be on the road in the first round.  Or they could draw a higher seeded at-large team (say Vero/TC loser), and be at home in the first round.  Still so much to be determined in the next 6 months, but such are the vagaries of the current system and reliance on computer algorithms.

2 hours ago, Dr. D said:

All good, BUT, a district champ can draw another district champ in the first round, with the higher seed hosting.  So Osceola could draw a higher seeded district champ (say Vero/TC winner), and be on the road in the first round.  Or they could draw a higher seeded at-large team (say Vero/TC loser), and be at home in the first round.  Still so much to be determined in the next 6 months, but such are the vagaries of the current system and reliance on computer algorithms.

Did this small change take effect since last year and will they take it the next step next year?  That is, NO automatic berth for a district champ as what is the point to win the district you didn't create (a weak one in our case) that has to travel to face another district champ.  Seems like the next LOGICAL STEP would be to choose the best 8 teams determined by "OZ" to be awarded a playoff berth.  Needless to say, I am suspicious.  

2 minutes ago, Ray Icaza said:

Did this small change take effect since last year and will they take it the next step next year?  That is, NO automatic berth for a district champ as what is the point to win the district you didn't create (a weak one in our case) that has to travel to face another district champ.  Seems like the next LOGICAL STEP would be to choose the best 8 teams determined by "OZ" to be awarded a playoff berth.  Needless to say, I am suspicious.  

Mind you, this should be taken to fruition if your goal is to get the "BEST 8 TEAMS"!!   And I must add, decided by "OZ"!!

5 minutes ago, Ray Icaza said:

Rightfully so, I should add. It would be horrible if a district champ was not given an automatic berth. Might as well not have districts in that case. 

2 minutes ago, DarterBlue2 said:

Rightfully so, I should add. It would be horrible if a district champ was not given an automatic berth. Might as well not have districts in that case. 

2 minutes ago, DarterBlue2 said:

9 hours ago, nolebull813 said:

Do you have any bowl game opponents lined up? Maybe another independent team? Would you come to the Tampa area for a game? 

Not as of yet. First we have to be bowl eligible!  

We will have to see how our offense and defense are working friday night. Foundation Academy wont be easy!

19 minutes ago, Ray Icaza said:

My recollection is that these changes were made prior to last year.  No one really notices the possible impact unless it affects your team.  It creates some unusual situations, such as #1 seed Seminole at #8 Mandarin in the first round of 4M.  So there probably is some sentiment to do away with districts (like Rural classification does now) and leave it to the computers in California, or my preferred option of larger districts and deciding things on the field, head-to-head (filed under the category of "wishful thinking").