Gut check weekend!!!

nolebull813

It’s gut check time!!! Here are a few teams that need to show the state they really got the goods!!!!

Vero Beach. Let’s see you beat a real opponent not living off their name! The preseason is over! This is when the big boy pants get put on!!!

Treasure Coast. Ok you won some good games vs some good teams, but let’s see what happens when the team you are playing is just as big, fast and strong as you!!!!!

Columbia. Ok you are 0-3, and largely been uncompetitive. You are basically a junior varsity team that resembles high temperature waste. (Hot garbage). Let’s see if you sink to 0-4 or rise up and swim against an angry TC team. 

Apopka. Play time is over. Your name and cool helmets got you in the door,  now it’s time to get off the wall and get on the dance floor!!!

4 minutes ago, nolebull813 said:

Apopka. Play time is over. Your name and cool helmets got you in the door,  now it’s time to get off the wall and get on the dance floor!!!

Win or lose Apopka will be fine. The defense will give up between 7 and 17 points against Edgewater. It will come down to whether the team is able to score more than the Eagles do. 

I am cautiously optimistic. 

I’m gonna add 1 (3-1) Miramar @ (1-2) Dillard - panthers yes you’ve had a tough schedule & yes you were in competitive in the first half in both of them. But you’re 1-2 with an another good team coming to your home turf. What are you gonna do ? 

Are you gonna ride to the occasion & win or are you gonna do what most expect you to do which is fall to 1-3.

52 minutes ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

I’m gonna add 1 (3-1) Miramar @ (1-2) Dillard - panthers yes you’ve had a tough schedule & yes you were in competitive in the first half in both of them. But you’re 1-2 with an another good team coming to your home turf. What are you gonna do ? 

Are you gonna ride to the occasion & win or are you gonna do what most expect you to do which is fall to 1-3.

Naples loss doesn't help the resume when they turned around and lost at home the very next week against Golden Gate; yeah, I was thinking the same thing..... Golden who???

2 hours ago, nolebull813 said:

It’s gut check time!!! Here are a few teams that need to show the state they really got the goods!!!!

Vero Beach. Let’s see you beat a real opponent not living off their name! The preseason is over! This is when the big boy pants get put on!!!

Treasure Coast. Ok you won some good games vs some good teams, but let’s see what happens when the team you are playing is just as big, fast and strong as you!!!!!

Columbia. Ok you are 0-3, and largely been uncompetitive. You are basically a junior varsity team that resembles high temperature waste. (Hot garbage). Let’s see if you sink to 0-4 or rise up and swim against an angry TC team. 

Sanford Seminole is just a better team than Vero Beach. Assuming that they don't get the Northwestern treatment, they should win by 10-14 points. 

Treasure Coast will lose to STA but have nothing to hang their heads over. I have a feeling that some, "outside forces," won't let them win if the game is close anyhow. 

Lake City Columbia continues to head in the wrong direction. They have a fairly young team this year. They will see improvement next season. 

Apopka slows Edgewater's offense and pulls the upset at home. 

38 minutes ago, Vero Indian said:

Add Osceola to this list, can Kowboys beat and named brand/possible playoff team???

Kissimmee Osceola has had a multitude of untimely injuries to deal with. They are better than their 0-4 record indicates. Bleeding has to stop eventually, it does here. Osceola wins this one. 

2 hours ago, Ray Icaza said:

Naples loss doesn't help the resume when they turned around and lost at home the very next week against Golden Gate; yeah, I was thinking the same thing..... Golden who???

Golden Gate's sole loss is to undefeated Bartow. If Bartow still had the Jones Sophomore QB, they would likely be a force to reckon with this year. 

20 hours ago, DarterBlue2 said:

Golden Gate's sole loss is to undefeated Bartow. If Bartow still had the Jones Sophomore QB, they would likely be a force to reckon with this year. 

This is true and Bartow is a good team but barely crack the top 100, not even the top 50.  Golden Gate's other victories had been to bottom dwellers until the Naples game.  My sole point was losing to Naples doesn't add to the resume of top ranked teams on your schedule as may have been previously thought and puts it in a better perspective. 

6 minutes ago, Ray Icaza said:

This is true and Bartow is a good team but barely crack the top 100, not even the top 50.  Golden Gate's other victories had been to bottom dwellers until the Naples game.  My sole point was losing to Naples doesn't add to the resume of top ranked teams on your schedule as may have been previously thought and puts it in a better perspective. 

No doubt that's true. If Naples was going to be a contender, it is unlikely they lose to Golden Gate. That said, GG is not a cellar dweller like Celebration or Cypress Creek.

20 hours ago, VeniceIndianFan said:

Kissimmee Osceola has had a multitude of untimely injuries to deal with. They are better than their 0-4 record indicates. Bleeding has to stop eventually, it does here. Osceola wins this one. 

0-4 is who we are up to this point due to inconsistent offensive production, partly due to depleted backfield and inexperience at QB.  We have also suffered with the injury bug on the defensive side but will have a couple of key starters back (obviously not Melendez) which will certainly help tomorrow night.  Hopefully we can pick up our first win and then have a bye week to make a strong showing the second half of the season as I fully expect we will. 

1 hour ago, Cat_Scratch2 said:

LOL, I'm still laughing. STA never gonna live this down for months to come.

St. John Bosco losing to Kahuku in Hawaii this past weekend makes STA's loss to SJB look worse.  Maybe it's a sign that karma will eventually even things up against STA.

4 hours ago, Cat_Scratch2 said:

LOL, I'm still laughing. STA never gonna live this down for months to come.

Correction: They will *never* live it down. If Cocoa wins that game (as they rightfully should have,) you start to make Bishop Gorman/Mater Dei sweat a little bit in the chase for the national championship. This will forever be a black mark against the FHSAA, and they should be ashamed of themselves. 

5 hours ago, Ray Icaza said:

0-4 is who we are up to this point due to inconsistent offensive production, partly due to depleted backfield and inexperience at QB.  We have also suffered with the injury bug on the defensive side but will have a couple of key starters back (obviously not Melendez) which will certainly help tomorrow night.  Hopefully we can pick up our first win and then have a bye week to make a strong showing the second half of the season as I fully expect we will. 

Is there any hope that Melendez could return for the playoffs? 

22 hours ago, Dr. D said:

St. John Bosco losing to Kahuku in Hawaii this past weekend makes STA's loss to SJB look worse.  Maybe it's a sign that karma will eventually even things up against STA.

Why are u peeps blaming STA??? As far as I know there have been no allegations against the school, coaching staff, or players???? The referee’s from Broward county are the culprits. Karma against the team???? SMH

On 9/21/2023 at 12:43 PM, Jullian said:

Why are u peeps blaming STA??? As far as I know there have been no allegations against the school, coaching staff, or players???? The referee’s from Broward county are the culprits. Karma against the team???? SMH

I heard from through the grapevine that some of the officials involved were let go.