Vero Beach vs Treasure Coast 2nd round rematch

Vero Indian

This game has alotta history and fun facts about it.....

Treasure Coast has never beaten Vero in the playoffs when ever they met up, 2016 Vero won a rematch 35-0 and in 2019 Vero won another rematch 22-14, the question is can TC beat Vero in a playoff game, as of now history is against them.....

Vero on the other hand has never traveled to South County Stadium in the playoffs, and that might hardy Indians because they haven't beaten TC @ South County since a 2019 overtime game for the district championship which Vero won 31-30.....

Another thing to note is that Vero has never won more than two playoff games in a row in a single season, this may play a key in the outcome as well.....

All in all, I think we're in for another close game and I'm being bold picking my Indians to win in a down to the wire game, but next week season will be halted by legendary Rick Darlington....

Score prediction: Vero 28 TC 21

Vero has been the standard bearer in that region for decades with FP Central challenging them some moons ago.  However, over the past 5-6 years TC has built an excellent program like Vero has with work ethic, toughness, discipline and execution.  Should be a great matchup with the fact that Vero won't be the shoo-in like in years past.  They will have to earn it on the road.  Good Luck to your Indians.  

Both teams have to play better this Friday than the regular season game. That was an eyesore!!!!! Especially VB. OMGOSH!!!!!! Hard to think there’s an “underdog here????”  I guess by seed or homefield…….I’m staying with Treasure Coast to advance. Indians looked like a bunch of 3-4 star misfits, playing their individual game…..

49 minutes ago, Jullian said:

Both teams have to play better this Friday than the regular season game. That was an eyesore!!!!! Especially VB. OMGOSH!!!!!! Hard to think there’s an “underdog here????”  I guess by seed or homefield…….I’m staying with Treasure Coast to advance. Indians looked like a bunch of 3-4 star misfits, playing their individual game…..

Been the story the whole year, but have a feeling that Vero might pull it off in a sloppy game but get outclassed by DeLand next week 

3 hours ago, Vero Indian said:

At the same time, we haven't beaten TC at South County in four years

Seems like a powerful reason for Vero to schedule more than the usual 2-3 road games each and every year if they want more success in the playoffs.  They very seldom beat teams of equal caliber/talent away from home.  If the goal is to collect extra revenue each and every year, it sounds like the HC has decided which road to take. 

1 hour ago, Ray Icaza said:

Seems like a powerful reason for Vero to schedule more than the usual 2-3 road games each and every year if they want more success in the playoffs.  They very seldom beat teams of equal caliber/talent away from home.  If the goal is to collect extra revenue each and every year, it sounds like the HC has decided which road to take. 

Pretty much this 

2 hours ago, JDHoss said:

I've seen TC 4 times and Vero 5 times this year. Vero has more overall talent, but something has been off kilter every time I saw them. I don't see that being solved in a week's time. Barring multiple turnovers and/or a barrage of penalties, I'll go with TC by 7. 

Wasn’t solved last week vs Heritage, the pieces are there, but they have been playing uninspired individual football all year. 

8 minutes ago, JDHoss said:

Thought Treasure Coast was the more physical team last night, particularly on the DL. If not for Aronson's scrambles and the TC fumble around the Vero 10, the game wouldn't have been as close as it was. 

Seems like Vero was having some success running the ball with Osby and probably should have leaned on that a little more to relieve pressure on the QB when he was dropping back to throw.  Sacks, negative plays, penalties, etc... derailed several offensive possessions.   I do agree with you that it appeared Vero actually had more athletic talent than TC, but all for naught as they are tough to beat, particularly at home.