Can Dwyer be a factor in 7A?

mbhs69

I would watch the BTW and Bishop Gorman games....Both of those teams do have very good DLs. Most importantly you need a little bit of luck as well.

I watched the first half of the Gorman game but didn't record the end and fell asleep and haven't been able to find BTW game

What I saw in Gorman game was that Allen's throwing accuracy was way off from what I watched

BG has one of the best HS QB's in the nation and STA's defense kept STA in the game. 

Whoever is going to beat STA in the playoff's will need a QB with a good arm, receivers that can get open and catch clutch throws, and an O-line that can give the QB time to make decent throws. It can be done with timing plays and practice. The 5 and 10 yard passes will give you first downs. Also the defense has to show up. You don't trade TD's with STA. Their going to win 99 times out of a 100.

Reading these comments proved what I basically already knew which was STA is the team to beat in 7A. Issue is can anyone not getting the "best" transfers beat them in 7A ?

The comments above state Dwyer has a chance. In a perfect world everyone has a chance.

Can anyone knock them out in the South ?

Reading these comments proved what I basically already knew which was STA is the team to beat in 7A. Issue is can anyone not getting the "best" transfers beat them in 7A ?

The comments above state Dwyer has a chance. In a perfect world everyone has a chance.

Slim chance.  Turnovers could surely help, but if STA brings their "A" game to every remaining game they very well could win the remainder of their games by double digits IMO.    STA comfortably won the State Championship by 35 pts and averaged winning in the 7A Playoffs by over 30 pts a game in 2015.  So unless 7A is SIGNIFICANTLY stronger than last year, the best chance for STA losing is only to themselves and slipping up.  I highly doubt another team in the South or anywhere in 7A will beat STA play for play until the final tick. 

Isn't STA the team to beat in every class they're in? They haven't been a state finalist 14 times since 1996 for nothing. Historically Dwyer has the best chance against the Raiders. Statistically speaking, however, history has STA in the finals roughly 75% of the time with their only 2 playoff losses to another S Florida team coming at the hands of Dwyer. Also, the last 3 times STA didn't make the finals were odd years. Fun Stuff!

Isn't STA the team to beat in every class they're in? They haven't been a state finalist 14 times since 1996 for nothing. Historically Dwyer has the best chance against the Raiders. Statistically speaking, however, history has STA in the finals roughly 75% of the time with their only 2 playoff losses to another S Florida team coming at the hands of Dwyer. Also, the last 3 times STA didn't make the finals were odd years. Fun Stuff!

Another interesting thing about Dwyer is the years they have beaten STA they have failed to make the finals.   Then again those were the years where Manatee was really good and the games were very close.  

I missed the chance to watch them play Braden River last year. In all accounts I had heard the team was just on another level.

http://www.nfhsnetwork.com/events/braden-river-high-school-bradenton-fl/bcc8770239

You can sign up for a free account to watch archived games.

After watching three quarters of this game film, Braden River, despite being beat, was not dominated. In fact, if not for inopportune turnovers, may have made a solid game of it. Depending on how this year's St. Thomas stacks up against the 2015 team, I would give both BR and Venice, based on what I saw of them, a real chance of upsetting St. Thomas. It won't be easy, but it is not out of the question. 

After watching three quarters of this game film, Braden River, despite being beat, was not dominated. In fact, if not for inopportune turnovers, may have made a solid game of it. Depending on how this year's St. Thomas stacks up against the 2015 team, I would give both BR and Venice, based on what I saw of them, a real chance of upsetting St. Thomas. It won't be easy, but it is now out of the question. 

Braden River O line was much bigger last year. They had size that every team couldn't handle until STA. That being said they do not have that same luxury this year.

Venice also does not possess size at O line. What they do well at is pulling and creating a small crease for the RB.

Barring any upset they will play again and one really good team from the south will be sitting home after 2nd round.