LIST: Independent Teams Rejoining FHSAA

SportsNut25

Several independent teams are publicly announcing that they are rejoining the FHSAA and surrendering their independent status for football.

Here are those teams:

Aucilla Christian
Calvary Christian (Ft Lauderdale)

Coral Springs Charter
Florida Deaf
Gulliver Prep
Key West
King's Academy
Munroe Day
North Broward Prep
Oak Hall
Pine Crest
Rocky Bayou Christian
St. Andrew's
St. Francis 
St. John's Country Day
St. John Paul II (Tallahassee)
St. Joseph

There is no reason for anyone 4A and under being independent now unless they are in like the Sunshine Conference or something like that and I'm not sure if that is considered independent.

If they are not in the classes 1-8A they are classed as independent from the "fhsaa" if I'm under the right impression

Might be wrong though so don't hold me to it

If they are not in the classes 1-8A they are classed as independent from the "fhsaa" if I'm under the right impression

Might be wrong though so don't hold me to it

That is correct -- kinda. Still under FHSAA rules but not playing for a state classification title awarded by FHSAA

Just 2 years ago Oxbridge Academy was a very good Independent team.  The Thunderwolves defeated Key West 52-32 to win the Gold Coast Conference.   I don't know about the Independent schools up north but I know locally the top teams are producing FBS talent every year and they have even produced a couple NFL players.

Miami Dolphins recent drafted Brandon Doughty out of Western Kentucky and previous to that North Broward Prep:

http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/nfl/miami-dolphins/article93635487.html

The North Florida Football Conference will stay together, but all 9 teams will be eligible for the state series now.

Rocky Bayou Christian

Tallahassee St. John Paul II

Munroe Day
Aucilla Christian

Oak Hall

St. Francis Catholic Academy

St. Joseph

St. Johns Country Day

Florida School for the Deaf & Blind

The North Florida Football Conference will stay together, but all 9 teams will be eligible for the state series now.

Rocky Bayou Christian

Tallahassee St. John Paul II

Munroe Day

Aucilla Christian

Oak Hall

St. Francis Catholic Academy

St. Joseph

St. Johns Country Day

Florida School for the Deaf & Blind

In what class?

Interesting that these teams would give up playing in a conference for a trophy that they can actually win and go play in classifications that they will get a running clock on them on a weekly basis and especially in the playoffs

Perhaps they are getting enough transfers this year?