Cocoa vs Booker T Washington

Cat_Scratch

I just can't imagine  anymore beef on the O-line that what they had tonight. Some monster guys on offense. BTW ran much better this year than last. I give credit to your linemen. QB had plenty of time in most plays unless Cocoa came off the corner.

Thanks Zoe... nothing for your Dade teams to hang heads about. It was a first class game with some first class athletes out there. 

Bolles looking tough. I've said it for awhile now, 4A and 3A are no pushovers. Heck, 3a and 4a have put the hurt on most of the 8a teams they've played this year.

Overall a weak schedule

Cocoa played a far tougher schedule and coming off major redemption against rival BTW i would expect this to be a coronation for cocoa as new champs in 2 weeks time

Surprise of the night was the 8th grader for Cocoa, #66. He was in the backfield all night. He is the sack leader on that aggressive defense. He had a blocked punt and a few sacks tonight and was disrupting plays. He will be a force in the future. He has 4 more years at the varsity level.

Are you kidding me? An 8th grader at that level against a legit florida power who has won the last 4 state titles in 4A. Wow. Looked him up on max preps and he is listed at 5'8 185lbs. He will grow a few more inches but I hope it is more because his effort and fight playing in the trenches at that young age is impressive! Just so everyone knows he was a major factor in the win playing against o-lineman who look and play like grown men and skill players who can run really really really fast!  And he is a freakin 8th grader playing D-Line. Crazy!

Cocoa fell on a muffed punt in the endzone to score the first points. BTW then scored twice to take back the lead on long pass plays. In the 3rd Quarter Judson ran it in from the 1 and a good xtra point tied it up 14-14. Cocoa then blocked a punt to set up a 27 yard FG to take back the lead making it 17 - 14. BTW then took it 80 yards with the help of 2 big pass interference calls against Cocoa to make it a 21 - 17. Crazy game going into the 4th quarter. Cocoa needed to put together a 78 yard drive to take the lead back with just under 5 minutes left to play. Judson threw for 19 and 28 yards and Hawkins had a hard fought run for about 25 yards or so, and a 1st down to set up the last Cocoa TD. King busted through the BTW D with a 10 yard run up the middle for the score. With just under 1:30 seconds left in the game Cocoa kicked it deep for a touch back. BTW went hurry up and missed qued a snap which Richardson had to fall on.  An incomplete pass and then Cocoa sacked Richardson to stop any chance of a comeback. 

Cocoa wins by 14

Bolles has played basically no competition compared to cocoa

Cocoa more battle harden then Bolles, don't let the record of Bolles fool you, cocoa better team

Trust me I know Cocoa is more battle tested and I expect Cocoa to win. Just can't doubt Bolles just for the reason that Corky Rogers is still running the program. Back when they played in Jacksonville both of them were ranked #1 in 2A and 2B respectfully. The game went down to the wire with Cocoa coming back to win on the legs of Chevelle Buie. Both of them won state titles that year.

Trust me I know Cocoa is more battle tested and I expect Cocoa to win. Just can't doubt Bolles just for the reason that Corky Rogers is still running the program. Back when they played in Jacksonville both of them were ranked #1 in 2A and 2B respectfully. The game went down to the wire with Cocoa coming back to win on the legs of Chevelle Buie. Both of them won state titles that year.

Coaching the biggest strength of Bolles but a weak schedule probley the biggest weakness

We can say the same about Mainland. Did anyone expect Carol City to beat them like that 34-7.

Mainland beat Dr Phillips very handily

The most talented team Bolles played in regular season was probley Miami Jackson who had the DC resign like 3 days before the game

Note i said talent wise not necessary best team