Hypothetical

DisabledAccount

I saw something on a college discussion board and wanted to hear you're thoughts

Could a college team beat a NFL team?

I say no but want to see if anyone thinks otherwise and if so what's your reasoning

I haven't budged on my opinion but maybe I not looking at it enough So if anyone could see it I would be curious to hear your argument for how it could happen

Generally, in top college teams vs pro's, I see too big a gap.  (though as a lifelong Eagles fan  I'd easily see them losing to a college team in my dreams.  The Iggles always find a way to crush yer hopes,  empty your wallet,  and ruin your week).

But I believe quality, deep-bench HS teams like IMG or Gorman may be able to compete with (or beat) some college teams .... up to a point.   Certainly they'd get their clocks cleaned by top FBS/FCS teams,  but on their best day ... could they hold their own against this year's FAU, or a Div II team like Florida Tech, or others?   Never know.

In college vs pro's, I see too big a gap. But I believe HS teams like IMG or Gorman may be able to compete with (or beat) some college teams .... up to a point. Certainly they'd get their clocks cleaned by top FBS/FCS teams, but on their best day ... could they hold their own against an FAU, or a Div II team like Florida Tech? Never know.

Nope

Generally, in top college teams vs pro's, I see too big a gap.  (though as a lifelong Eagles fan  I'd easily see them losing to a college team in my dreams.  The Iggles always find a way to crush yer hopes,  empty your wallet,  and ruin your week).

But I believe quality, deep-bench HS teams like IMG or Gorman may be able to compete with (or beat) some college teams .... up to a point.   Certainly they'd get their clocks cleaned by top FBS/FCS teams,  but on their best day ... could they hold their own against this year's FAU, or a Div II team like Florida Tech, or others?   Never know.

Maybe a division 3 or NAIA but not many.  

I would give an elite top 25 HS team a better chance against a D2 team than any college team against an NFL team for sure.

Give me an all SFL all- star squad with 17-19 year olds and let them practice for 6 months together under elite coaching and I'll put them up against any D2 team with players from 18-22 years old and I think it is a tight game.

I have watched local HS kids go to Alabama, Michigan, Ohio State etc.. this year and to my surprise literally laying out BCS/Big 10 seniors, scoring TDs, getting player of the game awards, and to be honest seeing WRs look almost and sometimes more dominant at the NCAA level than against the best high school DBs locally.

I guarantee you that a kid like Calvin Ridley sometimes faced stronger Junior/Senior DBs in Broward than the non-SEC schools that Alabama faced last year. Than you have him being that dominant as a FR in the SEC... He was on a damn good High School team and was not even dominating like he is in college.

Devin Bush out of Flanagan, even with limited playing time as a FR at Michigan is fearless and already one of the hardest hitters in the Big-10.

Like the NFL, I think the biggest difference from HS to college from a position aspect is all in the trenches OL/DL.

There simply are exceptions that people don't want to hear or admit to though. Joey Bosa probably could have made a NFL practice squad roster as a Senior in HS. The only edge I would give other players over him is mental toughness that comes with experience...He went to Ohio State and continued to toy with OLs...BCS football was a stepping stone for Bosa to the NFL but let's be truthful here - a very small stepping stone. BCS players did not challenge Bosa much more than the TOP HS players he faced.

As a 20 or 21 year old. Bosa is now on the SD Chargers and arguably an upcoming All- Pro for what could be a long time.

IMG would probably beat the crap out of my alma mater right now (FAMU). 

A few years back it used to be a yearly event where a team, made up of College All Stars, played the winner of the Super Bowl or whatever the NFL championship game was called in those days.The best college players actually played the Super Bowl winner. Even with the 22 best college players there was never an all star team that defeated, or even came close to defeating, an NFL team. It would be the same as putting a professional boxer in the same ring with an amateur boxer. The amateur would probably be knocked out within a couple of rounds.