Jump to content

Booker T. Washington Tornadoes @ Dillard 8/16/24


Recommended Posts

Them Dillard Boyz will be starting off their 2024 season against them goons from dade county lol. 
 

these two teams last met in the KOC back in 2018 at traz Powell stadium (The Mecca) Look forward to this matchup. The tornadoes are gonna be a force to be reckoned with again this year. This will be a great test for my panthers before the game really counts the following week. But in a 305 Vs 954 battle you can best believe both teams are gonna go all out to win and leave the field with bragging rights. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites


6 minutes ago, nolebull813 said:

There should be a 7 game Dade vs Broward showcase every year. Last year I would of set these matchups 

 

Miami Central vs Chaminade 

Norland  vs STA

Columbus vs AHP 

Homestead vs Coconut Creek 

Booker T vs Western 

Palmetto vs Monarch 

Cardinal Gibbons vs South Dade 

 

All of those would have been very good matchups that brought great crowds for sure. But I most def agree with you on this. With the hate between the two counties , that should have been made a tradition a long time ago. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, topnotch305 said:

Dillard should win. BTW never bring a crowd. So crowd would be in Dillard's favor. 

Oh wow that’s interesting to know. When we played them at Dillard in 2017 they brought a nice crowd & their band even came. 
 

hopefully with this being a 305 vs 954 matchup and the game of the year it creates a lot of buzz over the summer and draw a big crowd on game day. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

Oh wow that’s interesting to know. When we played them at Dillard in 2017 they brought a nice crowd & their band even came. 
 

hopefully with this being a 305 vs 954 matchup and the game of the year it creates a lot of buzz over the summer and draw a big crowd on game day. 

We will see but I doubt it lol. Band not the same no more. It's only like 3 to 5 schools with decent size bands in dade now. BTW may have had 25 to 30 band members including auxiliary last year. Football wise they are young and alot left in spring. They still have skilled players. But the trenches might be an issue. Think they actually have a qb that transferred from Dillard. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, topnotch305 said:

We will see but I doubt it lol. Band not the same no more. It's only like 3 to 5 schools with decent size bands in dade now. BTW may have had 25 to 30 band members including auxiliary last year. Football wise they are young and alot left in spring. They still have skilled players. But the trenches might be an issue. Think they actually have a qb that transferred from Dillard. 

Yeah our qb who was the starter last year and for our spring game this year transferred. He has a lot of upside but a turnover machine and holds the ball way to long that leads to unnecessary sacks.

he did slim down this year and is basically a running back at qb so i wish him the best at btw just not 8/16/24 lol. It’ll be interesting who we promote or get in to replace him. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, topnotch305 said:

We will see but I doubt it lol. Band not the same no more. It's only like 3 to 5 schools with decent size bands in dade now. BTW may have had 25 to 30 band members including auxiliary last year. Football wise they are young and alot left in spring. They still have skilled players. But the trenches might be an issue. Think they actually have a qb that transferred from Dillard. 

And the way I see it if monarch band actually showed up for a spring game vs Dillard with their traditional type band of 20 students then btw band should most def be there lol. 
 

if anything I thought the little the band the better likely hood they come because they can all b thrown on 1 bus with the cheerleaders and travel on down lol. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

Yeah our qb who was the starter last year and for our spring game this year transferred. He has a lot of upside but a turnover machine and holds the ball way to long that leads to unnecessary sacks.

he did slim down this year and is basically a running back at qb so i wish him the best at btw just not 8/16/24 lol. It’ll be interesting who we promote or get in to replace him. 

Slim down?  I saw him at the fau 7 on 7 and he look like he can play fb or oline lol. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

And the way I see it if monarch band actually showed up for a spring game vs Dillard with their traditional type band of 20 students then btw band should most def be there lol. 
 

if anything I thought the little the band the better likely hood they come because they can all b thrown on 1 bus with the cheerleaders and travel on down lol. 

Their band will be there for sure. They real small. Hopefully more people joined for the upcoming year. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, topnotch305 said:

Their band will be there for sure. They real small. Hopefully more people joined for the upcoming year. 

Can’t wait. Dillard band is huge again as usual lol. I’m just ready for football season. But for now I guess I’ll enjoy the first pro championship trophy (hockey) that’s been brought to Ft. Lauderdale. 
 

as a heat fan I’ve been to the heat parades but that was in Mia. But to actually have a team from yo city be world champions it hit different. So I know the city gonna go crazy for the parade. Hockey & none hockey fans. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, cribboy305 said:

Should be fine. I was at the orange & black game at gibson & I like what I see. Ofcourse its a down year in overtown but Ice forever has his kids ready & they have ATHLETES! If qb can distribute well game should be very fun

Yes Ice one of the best with coaching whatever he has. I just have to see how is trenches and qb play pan out. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, cribboy305 said:

Should be fine. I was at the orange & black game at gibson & I like what I see. Ofcourse its a down year in overtown but Ice forever has his kids ready & they have ATHLETES! If qb can distribute well game should be very fun

I actually like the QB that left BTW and went to Central. Not sure why he left. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, topnotch305 said:

Yes Ice one of the best with coaching whatever he has. I just have to see how is trenches and qb play pan out. 

Their trenches is literally solid offense & defense. & their offense is always tough to stop. Especially in that spread formation. Speed everywhere. 
 

dillard vs Btw prime time we outside lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

Their trenches is literally solid offense & defense. & their offense is always tough to stop. Especially in that spread formation. Speed everywhere. 
 

dillard vs Btw prime time we outside lol

They are definitely going to stack those wr and call great plays. Players just have to execute. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/25/2024 at 11:36 AM, nolebull813 said:

There should be a 7 game Dade vs Broward showcase every year. Last year I would of set these matchups 

 

Miami Central vs Chaminade 

Norland  vs STA

Columbus vs AHP 

Homestead vs Coconut Creek 

Booker T vs Western 

Palmetto vs Monarch 

Cardinal Gibbons vs South Dade 

 

Could be possible if BCAA and GMAC works together. BCAA already got Broward schools playing each other on a set schedule. That's why the Cocoa/Chaminade got canceled since the AHP/Chaminade game got set for the same week 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I like this matchup the more I think about it. 
 

Even though this is a KoC, I think the kids will take it very seriously. Both these teams are in the same boat. Both want to get back into the upper tier of the region.

Both need to have a good season to attract talent around the area. This game could set the tone for the rest of the way 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, nolebull813 said:

I like this matchup the more I think about it. 
 

Even though this is a KoC, I think the kids will take it very seriously. Both these teams are in the same boat. Both want to get back into the upper tier of the region.

Both need to have a good season to attract talent around the area. This game could set the tone for the rest of the way 

I agree with you heavily on that. Especially in dillards case. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...


  • Posts

    • If this doesn't define the word "irony," I don't know what does. 
    • As far as the rules and culture go, public schools now have an advantage over private schools in attracting players. Of course, the biggest, best private schools still have an overall advantage when you factor in the wealth of the student body/alumni. And those located right in the middle of dense urban areas have many more players to pick from within a reasonable driving distance. It looks like Venice was pissed to lose their starting RB. So, they turned in Booker. The player in question appeared headed to Lakeland for a time after leaving Booker. But, perhaps had a change of heart and felt the hassle wasn't worth it. 
    • This might help: https://www.heraldtribune.com/story/sports/high-school/football/2024/07/10/booker-football-coach-scottie-littles-suspended-6-games-fined-for-recruiting-violation/73265547007/ Having read the article, I understand the improper contact charge, but I didn't see anything in there that smacks of impermissible benefits.    That said, this is yet another example of how the FHSAA system works against the honest schools and coaches.  Someone, anyone, sends something in to the FHSAA.  Instead of investigating, they simply send it out to the school and say, "hey, do you know anything about this?"   The school then reviews it internally (and perhaps only by school/athletic administration folks, such that the coach isn't even involved).  If the school determines that there is a fire behind the smoke, it can then "self-report" the violation.  Once the violation has been self-reported (which was the case in this matter, according to the article), the FHSAA hands down its sanction and because the self-report essentially acts as an admission of guilt, the FHSAA feels justified in throwing the book at the accused coach.  In so doing, the FHSAA picks up an easy win and word spreads of the punishment, which then, presumably, has a chilling affect on other coaches across the state.   This story has been told before. 
    • As you probably know, the rest of the state views Dade/Broward as a scary sort of foreign land (and those in Dade/Broward view the rest of the state as a scary sort of country bumpkin place). Most in Gainesville threw up their hands and quit bothering to get involved in Dade/Broward years ago. Public schools in the rest of the state are held to a different standard by many. Though there's no way to be sure how many transfers schools end up with until the school year literally starts.    
  • Popular Contributors

×
×
  • Create New...