Mr. Pahokee hangs them up

561_Fan

2 minutes ago, 561_Fan said:

I am kind of hoping he just got to Buffalo, had Tyrod Taylor throwing to him and maybe figured he needed to find a new QB/team?

New England Patriots are notorious for signing proven players to one year deals...Veteran winners deserve playing for winners....I'm just saying....Could he possible come out of retirement over the next 2 weeks to join another team or is this it for one of The Muck's greatest?

I think this is it for him. I mean 12 seasons of NFL is hard on the body, especially for a person who gets hit.

My sophomore year of H.S. our school had a legit D-1 S/QB, we had a power-running game. I remember we were playing Pahokee at home and high expectations of being able to beat Pahokee. If you didn't know Anquan Boldin before the game, you knew him afterwards. He moved around the pocket, scrambled for 20 yards a play it seemed. Intercepted us probably twice and probably took one back for a TD.

Of course, this could all be in my mind, but I just remember him being a dominant player against us.

1 hour ago, weeki wachee head said:

When I worked for Coach Rodgers last year he told us stories about playing him in a state title. Said he played Saftey and probably made 16 of the first 20 tackles in the state title game. 

Quan was the national defensive player of the year that season. He was the #2 offensive player, behind Matt/Chris Simms (I don't remember which one)...That game still hurts the Pahokee community, mainly the offensive game plan. They ran a spread (3 Wrs, 1 TE, and 1 RB), but the coach decided to with 12 personnel, running leads and powers.

2 hours ago, BrowardHandicapper said:

I am kind of hoping he just got to Buffalo, had Tyrod Taylor throwing to him and maybe figured he needed to find a new QB/team?

New England Patriots are notorious for signing proven players to one year deals...Veteran winners deserve playing for winners....I'm just saying....Could he possible come out of retirement over the next 2 weeks to join another team or is this it for one of The Muck's greatest?

I thought that at first, but I think he's getting more involved with social activism. His cousin was killed by an off-duty officer when his car broke down in Palm Beach Gardens, so it's a lot more personal.

19 minutes ago, 561_Fan said:

Quan was the national defensive player of the year that season. He was the #2 offensive player, behind Matt/Chris Simms (I don't remember which one)...That game still hurts the Pahokee community, mainly the offensive game plan. They ran a spread (3 Wrs, 1 TE, and 1 RB), but the coach decided to with 12 personnel, running leads and powers.

I actually watched that entire game again on Friday and was talking to a player in that game the other day. Quan had a super game on defense. On offense, Marx gave him to much freedom and he decided on winning that game alone. 1st quarter all those runs were moving the ball. But, from the 2nd quarter on out, Bolles brought more pressure and Quan began to wear down. He didn't use his other weapons on that offense.